[::OFFSEASON OVER. Lock Please.::]

Which New Laker Acquisition Will Shine The Most This Upcoming Season?

• Jordan Farmar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Young

• Chris Kaman

• Elias Harris

• Wesley Johnson

• Ryan Kelly

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrified, Petulant Dwight Howard Blaming Fans For L.A. Departure

Dwight Howard is still a member of the Los Angeles Lakers. But not for much longer. At this point it’s anything but a secret that Howard plans on leaving Los Angeles for Texas, with a source stating the Houston Rockets are the likely landing spot for the indecisive center. There are fans in Los Angeles hoping for a different alternative, but at this point it’s all but inevitable. Even with expensive billboards plastered all around the city, Howard’s mind is reportedly already made. So while free agency hasn’t officially begun, it’s only a matter of time before he tucks his tail between his increasingly unsteady legs and heads southeast to the land of cattle ranches and lower expectations.

But we already knew all of that.

What we didn’t know was the reasoning behind Howard’s departure. The reasoning behind a cowardice of sorts. Reports from Chris Broussard say that Howard doesn’t like Mike D’Antoni’s system. That he doesn’t feel he’s being utilized correctly. After a season of witnessing Howard’s immaturity firsthand this wouldn’t be surprising, as he seems like the type of person that constantly seeks positive reinforcement. A petulant child stuck in mental adolescence. But there’s more to it.

According to a source close to Howard, D’Antoni and the Laker system isn’t his biggest concern. It’s the fans.

Yes, the fans.

The fans that have refused to blindly accept him as their own. The fans that are looking for more than just a goofy smile and a missed free throw before throwing their devotion in a player’s corner. The fans who, for better or worse, will remain loyal to their favorite basketball squad. But they do so at a cost.

The expectations in Los Angeles are higher than any other market in the Association. There isn’t another city in the union, New York included, that expects more from their NBA team. And this carries with it a two-sided sword. Win in Los Angeles and you’re a legend. An undying fixture that will likely be immortalized in bronze outside of the country’s biggest entertainment venue. But fail to meet expectations, or in Dwight’s case, even get within shouting distance of them, and you’ll be cast out. A vial of leprosy viewed with disdain and disgust. And that’s the thought Dwight Howard can’t handle.

According to a source, it’s this intensity, this inane desire to be the best, that Howard can’t live up to.

In conversations with Howard, the big man reportedly called L.A. fans “the most unappreciative group of people ever,” going on to say that people in Los Angeles are “ungrateful.”

Ouch.

I guess nobody informed Dwight that if he desires unconditional love based on no merits other than having the ability to consume oxygen, he should buy a Golden Retriever. In this case, Dwight looks like nothing more than a man that couldn’t handle the pressure, so he’s leaving for a situation where there isn’t as much. But that’s not how he sees it. You see, in Dwight’s mind, this is his big move. This is where he gets the opportunity to shove it in the face of all the Laker fans that he believes didn’t accept him with enough vigor. And this is his finishing move, his final act in Hollywood. A large middle finger to Los Angeles as he gallivants his way to Houston. In the end, should we even be surprised? He didn’t want to be here in the first place. But then he masked this fear by stating he wanted to create his own legacy, not wanting to follow in the steps of Shaquille O’Neal.

I think it’s safe to say nobody in this town will ever accuse him of being Shaq.

So Dwight will leave, and Laker fans will feel scorned. But like any other determined group, they will endure. They will tune in each night, even if it means watching Robert Sacre man the middle at Staples Center. And they will rally around their distaste for Howard. He’ll be Los Angeles’ next Mickey Cohen, the latest public enemy. Because if there’s one thing we’ve learned, it’s that the only thing Laker fans will rally around stronger than winning, it’s to combat those they feel don’t respect what it means to be a Laker. And it’s evident, now more than ever before, that Dwight Howard doesn’t.

Lakers News: Mike D’Antoni Hires Mark Madsen As Assistant Coach

It was only a month ago that Mark Madsen was being introduced at the Lakers practice facility as the new head coach of the D-League Los Angeles Defenders.

Madsen was a logical choice as head coach after he spent a season as an assistant under Johnny Dawkins at Stanford and his prior playing days with the Lakers.

However, according to Sam Amick of USA Today, Madsen received a promotion to the big leagues:

“A person with knowledge of the situation said Lakers coach Mike D’Antoni is adding former Lakers forward Mark Madsen as an assistant coach.”

Since the Lakers were eliminated from the playoffs, head coach Mike D’Antoni has lost all of his assistant coaches, besides his brother Dan.

Madsen is slated to take Chuck Person’s role on the staff as he will primarily handle the duties of coaching the big men. It will be interesting to see who he coaches, as it was reported earlier that Dwight Howard is unlikely to return to the Lakers.

During his time with the Lakers, Madsen was known more for his dance moves then his play on the court, but filled a valuable role of being a great teammate during championship seasons.

With another addition to the staff, D’Antoni must fill the other vacancies as he lost out on potential lead assistant Alvin Gentry, who decided to go to the Clippers.

Welcome back Mad Dog.

:rolleyes

Mark Madsen coaching our big men? You gotta be ******g kidding me.

Last edited:
Jarrod Rudolph who I don't like but serves as Dwight's proxy of sorts says Dwight has never said anything remotely close to that about fans in LA.

I believe Jarrod more than Lakers Nation

Last edited:
This is exactly the kind of **** Dwight does NOT like.
He doesn't like to be counted on by so many people.
He doesn't like this pressure.
He's not staying.

Quote + post combo of the year :lol:

View media item 471299
What can I say?
I've been reading this dude Dwight like a book for months.
Probably the most predictable unpredictable guy in the world, if that makes sense.
As soon as I saw those signs it was like a nail in the coffin.

Doesn't Dwight have like 5-6 kids? My guess is he'll take that extra 20mill from the Lakers and call it a day...lol

Okay guys lets say we keep dwight and what happens is he says toward the end of the season he wants to be traded. I mean this is dwight we talking about

Jarrod Rudolph who I don't like but serves as Dwight's proxy of sorts says Dwight has never said anything remotely close to that about fans in LA.

I believe Jarrod more than Lakers Nation

But their source is "close to Dwight" ..... as Laker fans we have to believe them

:smh::rofl:

Dwight's blaming the LA fans for his departure? So has he already departed, or does he not know what departure means :lol: ?

If you'd favor PAU over Aldridge, choke yourself.

Why would Dan Tony hire the commentator from the dying days of WCW? Trying to run them into the ground? Sabotage :smile:

Essential let it go bruh :lol:

This dude is not worth the drama, let the Rockets deal with his flip flopping.

We are not losing Shaq, Kareem or Wilt.

LOLOOLL Clippers are OWNING the lakers this offseason. it hurts !! UGHHH
A coaching change won't change their fate. They still only have CP, Blake Griffin will remain the same ole Blake Griffin. People are just finally understanding that.

Mark Madsen to caoch the big men? really? Sacre will develop negative basketball skills.
burt develop dancing skills apparently 
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom