* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Walsh has gone on record to state that he is not bringing David Lee back at max or near max money to play center again. While I believe Lee is certainly a much better bargain that Amare, he is NOT a better player, do not let his stats on a bad team fool you.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

BroMontanaNBA

A close source to Lebron says that he wants to take a year off to go back to school. Top 3 are Duke, North Carolina or U of Akron. 

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
alien.gif
[/font]

roll.gif
roll.gif

Report: Knicks Virtually Eliminated By LeBron

The Knicks have been virtually eliminated from contention for LeBron James, according to a report from Yahoo's Adrian Wojnarowski.

James' camp categorized New York's presentation as 'lacking preparedness and organization.'

Aspects of the Nets' presentation earlier on Thursday were similar in nature to New York's and were 'sharper' and 'edgier'.

James has reservations about the possibility of his earning potential being greater in New York than in Cleveland to make up a $30M difference in salary.

from realgm

Was it worth it New York?

Really do not see Wade leaving Miami. I do believe he like the others is taking full advantage of the entire process which he has every right to do. A Wade/Rose backcourt looks good on paper and sounds good in theory, but from a basketball perspective would not work and would be a disaster. Chicago needs a SG that can spread the floor and knock down shots, rather than another ball dominant guy who's effectiveness is based on being able to control/dominate the ball and get to the basket, which is a carbon copy of Rose's game.

laugh.gif

How do you position and prepare yourself for THREE YEARS and the best thing you can bring to the table is "You can earn X more dollars in New York than Location A, B, and C." and everything else is unprepared/unorganized? Only the god damn Knicks...

all these yahoo and twitter guys are bull +%$$. why the !%#! would chicago want 3 guys who all dominate the ball????

Originally Posted by P MAC ONE

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by Basketballsavant

I am surprised he would even meet with the Clippers, as they have NO realistic shot at signing him with their franchise history. It's funny how all these "experts" and sites keep reporting every team felt the meeting went well. What are they suppose to say, Lebron was only humoring us and we know we have zero chance of signing him, but we want to be included in the circus?
A lot of free agents/teams set up meetings to throw other teams and players off. One meeting - even if it has no substance - can cause another team to overreact. As we have already seen with some of the contracts given out, overreacting with bad signings is pretty prevalent in the NBA.
LeBron doesn't need bargaining power, not even a little bit.
It's not a matter of bargaining power, not even a little bit. It's a strategic move by LeBron and/or the Clippers to make other teams react because a meeting took place. 

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Are the Lakers the only team in the NBA that is allowed to work without a salary cap?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just when I think, "Damn we're screwed!"   4/5 year deals are coming out of nowhere all of a sudden.

And I heard on the radio that the Knicks spent like $100K for their presentation to Lebron.
laugh.gif

Knicks keep taking L's, and off the court too. 

Dwyane Wade will meet with the Bulls for a second time in two days on Friday and his interest is genuine, according to a source.
James is interested in playing with Wade, but is reluctant to play for the Heat, according to a source.

“D-Wade and LeBron want to play together, but neither one wants to commit to each other,

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Are the Lakers the only team in the NBA that is allowed to work without a salary cap?

laugh.gif
Every team over the cap has the MLE, which is what they will use to sign Blake. They used it on Artest last year.

Back
Top Bottom