* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by h3at23

chrisbosh Cut his dreads! New look, new team! Your Miami Heat?!
Dude looked like he was about 17 on M&M this morning.
laugh.gif

Not sure how to feel about the rumors regarding the magic swapping for arenas. Arenas is an all star when playing at his highest level but damn thats a HUGE contract for the magic to soak up. Besides we are already over the luxury tax so i don't see otis making that move. As for VC, dude was a huge disappointment this past season. Its safe to say he was a bust for the majority of the season. I believe that if he would've shown up for the ECF against boston, we either A) had a better shot at winning that series or B) at least taken it to a game 7

Originally Posted by The Wizard

if I'm the Wizards, I make that trade ASAP.

You get rid of Gilbert's massive contract, and you have Vince as an expiring contract that you can use to trade for someone else that a team might be trying to get rid of.
If this does happen, you guys think Melo might be interested in signing with the Wizards in 2011 since hes from WB?

Speaking of Melo how serious is he to signing that 3 year extension?

Originally Posted by Menacin Methods

Originally Posted by The Wizard

if I'm the Wizards, I make that trade ASAP.

You get rid of Gilbert's massive contract, and you have Vince as an expiring contract that you can use to trade for someone else that a team might be trying to get rid of.
If this does happen, you guys think Melo might be interested in signing with the Wizards in 2011 since hes from WB?

Speaking of Melo how serious is he to signing that 3 year extension?
I think he's pretty serious on signing an extension. He seems like those types of guys that he's loyal to staying with one team for the remainder of his career, even if it means not winning a title.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Wizards, Magic Might Be Talking Arenas For Carter Swap[/h1]Jun 23, 2010 11:21 PM EST

Arenas_Gilbert_was.jpg
According to a trusted source, the Wizards and Magic might be discussing a trade involving Gilbert Arenas for Vince Carter.

RealGM Note: Arenas is close to Magic GM Otis Smith from his time in the Golden State front office.
Bring my boy Agent Zero back to LA
pimp.gif
roll.gif

I don't know how true that is, but I called it a longgggg time ago.

I think Washington would be in a much better position with Wall/Arenas than Wall/Carter. A Wall/Carter duo would've been nasty 2-3 years ago but now, not so much.

Originally Posted by BigPUNoy

I think Washington would be in a much better position with Wall/Arenas than Wall/Carter. A Wall/Carter duo would've been nasty 2-3 years ago but now, not so much.

indifferent.gif

You think they'd be trading for Vince Carter for basketball purposes? 

[h1]Heat Want More Cap Space, Working On Buyout For James Jones[/h1]

Jun 24, 2010 11:31 AM EST

The Miami Heat are negotiating a buyout of James Jones' contract to further increase their financial flexibility for free agency this summer.

Jones has $15.5 remaining on his contract through 2012-13, but those final three seasons are only partially guaranteed if James is waived by June 30.

Waiving Jones would knock another $2.8 million off the Heat's salary cap for the 2010-11 season, giving them roughly $27 million to spend in free agency after July 1.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...king_on_buyout_for_james_jones/#ixzz0rmm84zl0

They are NOT playing...

Man OKC's front office is so smart...

They got a pretty good squad and now have 3 picks in the 1st round.

That team could be pretty good next season. Hat's off to their front office...

Originally Posted by tupac003

Man OKC's front office is so smart...

They got a pretty good squad and now have 3 picks in the 1st round.

That team could be pretty good next season. Hat's off to their front office...
Man if things work out their way, OKC will become the NBA's top dynasty in a couple years man. They get better & better every *#&@^$@ day!

YES IM MAD!
mad.gif

^ pretty much..

they can build around westbrook harden durant and ibaka

jeff green is a luxury and DEF is expendable (so are maynor and thabo.. and now cook too.. and pretty much anyone on the roster aside from the 4 named above)

they have a couple of contracts that expire summer of 2011

and already have a ton of cap space available

Why is it that everyone who is begging for Chris Paul to be traded to their squad, suggesting a trade that involves giving a point guard back to NO? Im pretty sure that if the Hornets move Paul, part of the reason is to give Collison the starting point guard job. There would be no point of moving Paul for another point guard and a pick. That wont improve their team at all.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

If OKC trades JG...it's not going to make KD happy.
Didn't make Jordan happy when they traded Oakley either...It's the best move for Jeff and the team imo

New York Knicks plan to treat LeBron James and friends with elaborate Manhattan meal on July 1

Brian Windhorst, The Plain Dealer

Posted:  06/24/2010 2:11 PM

Associated PressRap artist Jay-Z, left, greets the Cavaliers' LeBron James after the Cavs beat the New York Knicks at Madison Square Garden in November 2009.

LeBron James has closely guarded his plans once his much-celebrated free agency starts next week. But the New York Knicks are making preparations like they are expecting to host his first stop.

According to a source, the Knicks are making plans to host an elaborate meal and meeting with James in a high-end location in Manhattan during the afternoon and evening of July 1, which is next Thursday. The tentative plan is for Knicks management and officials to host James and his various agents and friends for a large dinner party catered by a celebrity chef.

The Knicks are currently scouring the city for an available high-rise condo or apartment  with a great view to rent for the event, the source said.

James is expected to be bombarded by interest once midnight passes on July 1, and his top suitors likely would all like to host him for a visit. The Knicks' bid has gotten a boost of support from Mayor Michael Bloomberg, in addition to various groups that are attempting to gather celebrities to make personal pitches to James.

The potential recruiting visits are not unlike what James went through when he was 18 and being chased by Reebok, Adidas and Nike. The companies chartered private jets to fly James to meetings and put on expensive proposals to sign him. Not unlike the Knicks plan, Adidas rented out a Malibu mansion with a great view for James and his friends for a weekend during his senior year at St. Vincent-St. Mary.

After taking all the visits and getting competing bids that topped nine figures, James signed with Nike, the company he favored all along. Nike was the last visit he made.

Ironically, with the chance to sign for more than $120 million if he re-signs for the maximum with the Cavs, James is in much the same position.

Chris Paul in exchange for Pryzbilla, Bayless, Miller, fernandez, and draft picks.

PORTLAND LETS MAKE THIS HAPPEN

[h3]A way to add Chris Paul to Lakers' mix[/h3]
June, 24, 2010
Jun 24

11:13

AM ET

By J.A. Adande

With the prospect of Phil Jackson leaving the Lakers edging closer to reality and the thought of the Hornets trading Chris Paul entering the realm of possibility, my mind’s in overdrive. You see, sometimes I combine various tidbits of NBA information into a what-if scenario, just as I sometimes throw whatever fruit I have on hand into the blender to make a smoothie. This is one of those times -- for a what-if scenario, that is. Not a smoothie. (Although I’d love a smoothie right now. That’d be great.)

It’s not that hard to envision a scenario that brings Paul to the Lakers. It starts with Jackson retiring, a move he said he is “leaning toward.

Back
Top Bottom