* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by h3at23

Did a lil research:
Good stuff man, it's complicated but reading and learning about it definitely gives you a better grasp on all the possibilities and rumors.

The problem now is convincing 3 max FAs to take less than the maximum, although living in Florida could help sway them, the difference is minor.  Still, even if you just offer the max to 2 guys, you then have 10 mil or so to fill out the rest of your roster with more than minimum contracts, which I think is the better route to go.  Wade + Amare/Bosh + 10 mil for role players...  definitely a great position for Miami right now.

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Wizards, Magic Might Be Talking Arenas For Carter Swap[/h1]Jun 23, 2010 11:21 PM EST

Arenas_Gilbert_was.jpg
According to a trusted source, the Wizards and Magic might be discussing a trade involving Gilbert Arenas for Vince Carter.

RealGM Note: Arenas is close to Magic GM Otis Smith from his time in the Golden State front office.
Bring my boy Agent Zero back to LA
pimp.gif

LA? we talking about the ORLANDO magic right?

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

i like that move for the Clippers, who were they thinkin of taking with the 8th pick anyways?

Either way, they save money long term, and a #10 draft pick is cheaper then Deng.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by h3at23

Did a lil research:
Good stuff man, it's complicated but reading and learning about it definitely gives you a better grasp on all the possibilities and rumors.

The problem now is convincing 3 max FAs to take less than the maximum, although living in Florida could help sway them, the difference is minor.  Still, even if you just offer the max to 2 guys, you then have 10 mil or so to fill out the rest of your roster with more than minimum contracts, which I think is the better route to go.  Wade + Amare/Bosh + 10 mil for role players...  definitely a great position for Miami right now.

I agree 100%!

Do I believe we will get all 3, No!

Do I think we have a chance, absolutely!

Also heard that GS has a trade offer on the table to move Gadzuric and Biedrins to Denver for Kenyon Martin. Can't be done till August 22nd
DraftExpress via Twitter

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTT

As a basketball fan, I actually want to see Bron + Wade + Bosh on the same team w/Riles as the coach. 
eek.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

I honestly feel like you could fill that roster up with whatever the hell you want & it would still be a wrap...I'm talking 4-5 + titles in a row.

If that trade goes down for Denver, that's one expensive back up C coming off the bench. Nene or Biedrins.

[h1]Hornets No Longer Strictly Opposed To Trading Paul[/h1]
Jun 24, 2010 2:26 AM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
Many people around the NBA and those close to Chris Paul believe the Hornets are now open to trading him.

Paul is open to playing in New York or with the Nets, according to sources. Paul was furious when his name was mentioned in Memphis trade rumors.

The Blazers have long been one of Paul's most adamant pursuers and have 'bordered on tampering' with the point guard, according to Wojnarowski's report.

William Wesley and Maverick Carter have been involved in Paul's affairs as well and the former has attempted to shop Paul to other teams.

George Shinn issued a statement on Wednesday that did not include an assurance that Paul won't be traded.

GM Jeff Bower isn't shopping Paul, but he isn't rejecting proposals flatly as he was a few months ago.

Originally Posted by What up

Also heard that GS has a trade offer on the table to move Gadzuric and Biedrins to Denver for Kenyon Martin. Can't be done till August 22nd
DraftExpress via Twitter

Riley trying to make moves right now, i like this
nerd.gif

From Yahoo -
For New Jersey to let Minnesota have Wes Johnson, league sources say the Nets want Minnesota’s pick at No. 23.
The Kings, who just traded for Philadelphia 76ers center Samuel Dalembert, are counting on a frontline of Cousins and Jason Thompson to carry them through the next era.
The New Orleans Hornets’ front office hadn’t wanted to trade its No. 11 pick, but it appears the financial realities of the cash-strapped franchise are making it more likely the team will trade out of the lottery, league sources said late Wednesday.
Knicks like Brian Zoubek? Duke’s 7-foot-1 center Brian Zoubek has emerged as one of the top second-round prospects, and league executives believe he could be one of the New York Knicks’ back-to-back picks at Nos. 38 and 39.

From Yahoo -
For New Jersey to let Minnesota have Wes Johnson, league sources say the Nets want Minnesota’s pick at No. 23.
The Kings, who just traded for Philadelphia 76ers center Samuel Dalembert, are counting on a frontline of Cousins and Jason Thompson to carry them through the next era.
The New Orleans Hornets’ front office hadn’t wanted to trade its No. 11 pick, but it appears the financial realities of the cash-strapped franchise are making it more likely the team will trade out of the lottery, league sources said late Wednesday.
Knicks like Brian Zoubek? Duke’s 7-foot-1 center Brian Zoubek has emerged as one of the top second-round prospects, and league executives believe he could be one of the New York Knicks’ back-to-back picks at Nos. 38 and 39.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Hornets No Longer Strictly Opposed To Trading Paul[/h1]
Jun 24, 2010 2:26 AM EST

Paul_Chris_noh.jpg
Many people around the NBA and those close to Chris Paul believe the Hornets are now open to trading him.

Paul is open to playing in New York or with the Nets, according to sources. Paul was furious when his name was mentioned in Memphis trade rumors.

The Blazers have long been one of Paul's most adamant pursuers and have 'bordered on tampering' with the point guard, according to Wojnarowski's report.

William Wesley and Maverick Carter have been involved in Paul's affairs as well and the former has attempted to shop Paul to other teams.

George Shinn issued a statement on Wednesday that did not include an assurance that Paul won't be traded.

GM Jeff Bower isn't shopping Paul, but he isn't rejecting proposals flatly as he was a few months ago.

Devin+3rd+Future 1st + Cash maybe throw in someone. 

PLEASE .. We'd still have money to sign a Max Free Agent. 

CP

Lee

Lebron

Yi

Brook 

eek.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

If that trade goes down for Denver, that's one expensive back up C coming off the bench. Nene or Biedrins.

They both would have to start.
Who else would start at PF/C?
Bird is the back up (energy off the bench)

with that being said. Horrible trade for the Nuggets

Eh, I always thought Nene was better at PF. Despite being jacked, he was towered over 7 footers.
+1

Petro
Nene
Melo
AA
Billups

I would have liked to see that lineup after Kmart went down and Petro showed some promise
ohwell.gif

A billionaire owner and tradeable Peja Stojakovic, Morris Peterson and Darius Songaila expirings... Cash-strapped, alright.

Ifthe Hornets trade down from 11, I feel pretty comfortable in saying it has nothing to do with not being able to afford it.

Fielding calls on Chris Paul? Sound the alarm!

TheNets offered Devin Harris and the 3rd pick for Paul. Jeff Bower toldthem to take on a huge contract along with Paul, and add Brook Lopez,Courtney Lee/Terrence Williams and two future first-round picks to thedeal before they call back again. Clearly, his departure is inevitable.

I would love it if GSW made that trade for Kenyon Martin. They need a tough PF who can deliver atleast 10/10 numbers & be aggressive. GSW needs to get rid of Biedrins contract, although Kenyon has a big contract + a player option at the end of this coming season, but at his age he could decline it hoping for a longer deal so it could work out. This trade, along with the Maggette trade would free up so much cap for the Dubs.

Originally Posted by What up

DraftExpress via Twitter

good lord when will the small ball die!!!!!!!!
ohwell.gif

According to realgm, Perkins is being shopped as well.

I hope Paul ends up in Portland. Roy + Paul =
pimp.gif
. The chemistry is there, as we witnessed in an All-Star game. (2 seasons ago?) C'mon!!!

Man, I love the draft/free agent time.

Back
Top Bottom