* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Now that they have 3 Max contracts.. they do only have 2 players under contract..

Amare might get the max, And JJ getting something high

Chalmers-Wade-Johnson-Amare-

Insert whatever O'neal you want. Shaq or Jermaine​

Originally Posted by JPZx

Apparently Minnesota is offering 16+23+Al Jefferson to Detroit for 7+Tayshaun Prince+Chris Wilcox. Not sure Detroit goes for that... 14 minutes ago via UberTwitter

DraftExpress

Jonathan Givony

Hm. Not bad, but i feel like Minny is giving up a lot for an aging player, and a overpaid bench warmer.

However, Prince can def. add some length onto that starting lineup if Minny chooses Cousins.

Defensively,
sick.gif
sick.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by VC3FAN

These trades are going to be nuts from some of these teams clearing more space to be in this free agent hunt

it is a shame that it takes away from the draft
Are you kidding me? On the whole, this is probably one of the most lackluster drafts in recent years. The trades are just about the only thing keeping it interesting.

I don't think they have room for 3 max contracts

Wouldn't the max for Wade/Bosh/Lebron/etc. be 16.5 million? Those 3 guys would come in around 49.5 million, plus they have Beasley making 5 million, Chalmers at 850,000, and then James Jones (who I think can be bought out for a couple million/year), but then they have capholds for the remaining roster spaces.

Looking on RealGM I think that without moving Beasley/Jones, they have money for 2 maxes and then 11.5 million or so leftover.

Actually Ceballos I don't care if Bron go play in Afghanistan or a remote African tribe. The only way I'll speak on where Bron play if it's the Knicks

Far as Cleveland not having ships, yeah I know, and it sucks, but it's not stoping me from enjoying sports and watching Cleveland teams compete

I'd rather live in Cleveland than fake #+@ LA. Fake ******* everywhere, fake butts, fake faces, fake palm trees
laugh.gif
fake gangsters, and fake NBA championships given to yall by David Stern
laugh.gif

If that's all it's going to take to get Jefferson, I seriously think the Warriors need to put a package together to get him in a Warriors uni.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I'd rather live in Cleveland than fake #+@ LA. Fake ******* everywhere, fake butts, fake faces, fake palm trees
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Not even gonna speak on that myth of plastic surgery being everywhere in LA, but I absolutely dare you to come to my neighborhood and call these cats "fake gangsters."

Wouldn't the max for Wade/Bosh/Lebron/etc. be 16.5 million? Those 3 guys would come in around 49.5 million, plus they have Beasley making 5 million, Chalmers at 850,000, and then James Jones (who I think can be bought out for a couple million/year), but then they have capholds for the remaining roster spaces.

Looking on RealGM I think that without moving Beasley/Jones, they have money for 2 maxes and then 11.5 million or so leftover.

That's all correct...

Contray to popular belief, I don't believe Riley is shooting for the 3 max route for Miami. That is UNLESS Lebron decides to come on aboard (which I doubt). He's just covering all tracks and bases.

I still the most likely scenario is Miami re-signing Wade, getting one of Bosh or Amar'e then filling out the rest with capable role players/starters.

Me personally? I'd still look to deal Beasley... But insteand of giving Joe Johnson or Carlos Boozer 15 million as that third guy...I'd rather break that money up and  nab a Brendan Haywood at 8-9 million to start at center. Miami's going to need an interior defender and capable rebounder (especially if it's Amare who comes on board), and a Dwight Stopper. And you're ofcourse going to need size to compete with the Lakers.

Then I'd to re-sign Udonis Haslem at around 5-6 million as that third big off the bench as opposed. Then you still have point guard to address, So many options, though. Can't wait to July 1.  

Originally Posted by Big J 33

James Jones has a team option. If the Heat don't pick up his option worth ~$4.6 million, the heat would only have beasley and chalmers on the books for the upcoming year for a total of ~$6.0 million. if they signed 3 max contracts that would give them about 55.5 million. with the cap being a little more than $57 million (what it was this year) the heat would have very little wiggle room to fill out their roster. 

Actutually that's not what I said Kane, but since it's you, you only get half a bar, F You #+$%%. Riley about to go Yankees on the NBA

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

JJ's buyout is like $800,000. Which saves the Heat an additional $3.5 mil in cap space give or take. That's about $33 mil in cap space after Wade is signed + Rio & Beas.

Not to mention if they trade Beas. Which I hope they don't

Originally Posted by zube42

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

Miami is serious right now
eek.gif
laugh.gif

How affective is that (if they pull it off) when you have no players around that trio?

I remember back when Boston aquired the big 3, a lot of us thought they had no support. While they proved us wrong, it was a legit concern. This Miami situation could really lead to that concern...
nerd.gif
Wade,Lebron and Bosh in 2010>KG,Ray,Paul Pierce in 2008.

Very true...

But Celtic's supporting cast in 2008 > Miami's in 2010 ?
nerd.gif

As GREAT as it sounds to have those 3 on the same team (let me say it again, GREAT)... You're going to need a decent supporting cast too. You need guys to do the little things on the court. Granted you don't need big named role players with that trio, but what Im interested in is what the supporting cast does look like & who could they get.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Not sure if this has been posted yet:
Thunder holding serious talks with Pacers to trade Eric Maynor, 18th and 21st picks for Indy's 10th pick, sources tell Y!

Wow... that's pretty big. Daequan was already a solid addition, but a 10th pick on top would be amazing.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

That gonna be Riles TOP priority. Which is to try to sign ALL 3 (Wade, LBJ, Bosh). If he only get's 2 of the 3 or Amare, Than that's where I agree with you on spreading the money out.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

^ That's all correct.

Contray to popular belief, I don't believe Riley is shooting for the 3 max route for Miami. That is UNLESS Lebron decides to come on aboard (which I doubt). He's just covering all tracks and bases.

I still the most likely scenario is Miami re-signing Wade, getting one of Bosh or Amar'e then filling out the rest with capable role players/starters.

Me personally? I'd still look to deal Beasley... But insteand of giving Joe Johnson or Carlos Boozer 15 million as that third guy...I'd rather break that money up and  nab a Brendan Haywood at 8-9 million to start at center. Miami's going to need an interior defender and capable rebounder (especially if it's Amare who comes on board), and a Dwight Stopper. And you're ofcourse going to need size to compete with the Lakers.

Then I'd to re-sign Udonis Haslem at around 5-6 million as that third big off the bench as opposed. Then you still have point guard to address, So many options, though. Can't wait to July 1.

Miami should sign Wade and Bosh/Amare

then they got tons and i mean tons of nice players other than the big superstars. Miami should go after Mike Miller
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
then they got a few other nice guys they can sign if they got a nice stating lineup other players will want to be part of.

Actually Ceballos I don't care if Bron go play in Afghanistan or a remote African tribe. The only way I'll speak on where Bron play if it's the Knicks

Far as Cleveland not having ships, yeah I know, and it sucks, but it's not stoping me from enjoying sports and watching Cleveland teams compete

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i can defenitly respect that in this era of fickle fans.

but LA women > Cleveland women
laugh.gif

koolbarbone -

Sarcasm.

I'm a Nets fan.

You think I am going nuts that Favors is coming????

lol

trust me I rather have all of this then where some of these players go tomorrow night from college.

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

James Jones has a team option. If the Heat don't pick up his option worth ~$4.6 million, the heat would only have beasley and chalmers on the books for the upcoming year for a total of ~$6.0 million. if they signed 3 max contracts that would give them about 55.5 million. with the cap being a little more than $57 million (what it was this year) the heat would have very little wiggle room to fill out their roster. 
That's not exactly true.  They have to buy him out, and it's 1.8 million for 2010, so that counts against the cap.  Plus you have to account for cap holds for the minimum level players that they'd have to sign to fill out their roster, that too counts against the cap.
Originally Posted by h3at23

JJ's buyout is like $800,000. Which saves the Heat an additional $3.5 mil in cap space give or take. That's about $33 mil in cap space after Wade is signed + Rio & Beas.

Not to mention if they trade Beas. Which I hope they don't
It's 6 million over 3 years, 1.8 million this year.  And like I said before, you have to factor in the cap holds as well.

Beasley sucks. If they can dump him and open the space for another max guy, Miami needs to do that yesterday.

[h1]Clippers Could Trade For Deng Using No. 8[/h1]
Jun 23, 2010 9:40 PM EST

Deng_Luol_chi.jpg
The Clippers may trade their No. 8 pick to Chicago for Luol Deng and the Bulls' 17th pick, according to a source that spoke with Chris Broussard.

Broussard hasn't received confirmation from a team official.

RealGM Note: This trade could not be completed on draft night due to the Clippers needing to use their cap space to absorb Deng's contract.

This dude....

Clippers are trying to land Lebron theirselves and believe  they can.. why would they take Dengs contract?

Back
Top Bottom