* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Dwayne Wade's new team mates in a few weeks.

zursw0.jpg

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

that trade is a joke right?

Think outside the box on that trade Mike.

I might be wrong but: $2.1 million cap space relief + 1.5 mil 1st rd cap space hold = 3.6 mill in cap space = 3 potential Max players
Yo Heat I know your a fan & all but what if the Heat doesn't sign 3 max players and say only sign Boozer/Bosh to go with Wade? Then what?

?
I'm saying what if they draft Boozer OR Bosh to along with Wade but that's it. Now you have a roster full of rookies and low-end free-agents.

can someone explain to me how the thunder can trade a 2nd round pick for a 1st round pick AND a player? seems like the thunder just robbed miami, even though miami wanted to get rid of the contract. still doesn't make sense to me though

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

The NBA loves to give LA championships while everybody else has to take
them. My level of hate for the Lakers is almost on par with the Yankees. Yeah and I know Lakers fans will say I'm a hater, but of course La fans will take solice in fake champions since everything associated with the city of LA is fake anyway.

Next season should be interesting, Kobe will be older, Odom older, Artest older, do they get handed another championship next year?

I know I say a lot of crazy +#$% on here, it's mostly for Lulz, but I love basketball and I also enjoy the back and forth a lot of us have on here, and I appreciate the fans who actually enjoy the game of basketball more than just individual teams. With that said, let the lulz, arguing, clownin and other +#$% continue
and continue they shall
laugh.gif

1. You call LA fake but you live in that second world country hell hole known as Ohio. You guys are just a step above Detroit

2. You talk about teams getting handed a championship, but you don't know nothing about championships, none of your teams have ever won titles so you wouldn't know what it feels like to see your team win a title or even get handed a title.

3. In the next week or 2  your going to either be posting alot of
pimp.gif
's or responding to or ignoring a bunch of "Ohio takes another L" threads, it's going to be one extreme or another.

can someone explain to me how the thunder can trade a 2nd round pick for a 1st round pick AND a player? seems like the thunder just robbed miami, even though miami wanted to get rid of the contract. still doesn't make sense to me though

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

that trade is a joke right?

Think outside the box on that trade Mike.

I might be wrong but: $2.1 million cap space relief + 1.5 mil 1st rd cap space hold = 3.6 mill in cap space = 3 potential Max players
Yo Heat I know your a fan & all but what if the Heat doesn't sign 3 max players and say only sign Boozer/Bosh to go with Wade? Then what?
use the rest of the cap space to sign other players. Their are a LOT of good players out there this off-season.

I'll tell you this, Riles must have been told by Wade of his chances of getting top free agents.

Correction from my previous post: it's 3.3 mil not 3.6..........My bad

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Dwayne Wade's new team mates in a few weeks.

zursw0.jpg
I felt Amare was headed there anyway, now that they have more money Joe Johnson seems like a good pick as well.

Those who know more about the cap, correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't the Heat still need to get rid of Beasley if they wanted 3 full maxes?  Certainly this move helps but wouldn't the 3 need to take a minor pay cut, or one gets slightly less?

Originally Posted by diew its james

There's your answer.  2nd round picks cost less than 1st round picks.  Miami appears to be going all in on 3 free agents, or at least 2 and another big signing.

Damn, the Heat ain't playing around.
laugh.gif

Question though: If the Heat do sign Wade, Bosh and Lebron would they have any cap room left to fill out the rest of the roster?

These trades are going to be nuts from some of these teams clearing more space to be in this free agent hunt

it is a shame that it takes away from the draft

Got your email jpz, will respond when I have an actual computer near me

Miami is serious right now
eek.gif
laugh.gif

How affective is that (if they pull it off) when you have no players around that trio?

I remember back when Boston aquired the big 3, a lot of us thought they had no support. While they proved us wrong, it was a legit concern. This Miami situation could really lead to that concern...
nerd.gif

laugh.gif
at these dudes continuing to just make up "supposed" trades, god I am in the wrong profession.

Like these GMs or their right-hand men are going to just tell Joe Blogger what they are doing or have been offered
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

Just talked briefly with David Kahn, who dismissed this afternoon's rumor du jour that he'd trade Al Jefferson for Zach Randolph and his expiring contract.

"There's nothing to it," Kahn said.

He said it was an offer Memphis proposed some time ago and that he immediately refused.

It would've been so funny if we made that trade, Twolves bought out Zach so they could have the money to sign Rudy away from us.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

eek.gif
laugh.gif

How affective is that (if they pull it off) when you have no players around that trio?

I remember back when Boston aquired the big 3, a lot of us thought they had no support. While they proved us wrong, it was a legit concern. This Miami situation could really lead to that concern...
nerd.gif

IMHO, there's going to be players that will take less to play for the Heat if they sign Wade, LeBron & Bosh.

Man if Riles pulls Wade, Bron and Bosh off...RIP to the rest of the NBA. It'd be like when Boston got the Big 3, except all these guys are just entering or barely into their primes. They'll run the league for the next 5 years.

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

laugh.gif
at these dudes continuing to just make up "supposed" trades, god I am in the wrong profession.

Like these GMs or their right-hand men are going to just tell Joe Blogger what they are doing or have been offered
laugh.gif
eyes.gif

but GMs and right-hand men do that all the time as a way to see what the trade market is for a certain player. If you read online, and you know they have their interns tracking this, that x player is supposedly on his way to another place, you don't think teams won't call to acquire about said player and try to beat that deal. No GM is sitting idly by right now.

you can trade what ever as long as its under the cap. even if it makes no sense.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

eek.gif
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
Wade,Lebron and Bosh in 2010>KG,Ray,Paul Pierce in 2008.

not sure if anyone answered this for you. but since OKC has cap space, they can trade and absorb the contract of a player without giving up a contract/player.

anyways good trade for the Thunder, get a young shooter and a decent draft pick even though after a first 10 or so picks im not sure who else is good.

Very interesting on the Miami side though
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom