* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

So the Heat could fill up all of their cap space and THEN re-sign Wade, correct? That would be the smart thing to do, right? Because if they re-sign Wade first that leaves only about $40mil of cap space left to sign other players. But if they wait, they could sign up to the salary cap at $57 mil and THEN re-sign Wade.

Or do you have to re-sign your players first?

who would you guys rather have wes johnson (who turns 23 beginning of july) or jeff green (who will turn 24 in the end of august)

I'd rather live in Cleveland than fake #+@ LA. Fake ******* everywhere, fake butts, fake faces, fake palm trees
laugh.gif
fake gangsters, and fake NBA championships given to yall by David Stern
laugh.gif

roll.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

So the Heat could fill up all of their cap space and THEN re-sign Wade, correct? That would be the smart thing to do, right? Because if they re-sign Wade first that leaves only about $40mil of cap space left to sign other players. But if they wait, they could sign up to the salary cap at $57 mil and THEN re-sign Wade.

No, Wade's max contract would be a cap hold and count against the cap when they signed other players.  Wade would need a new contract and it would count against the cap, so any cap space you see for the Heat doesn't include Wade right now.  And as mentioned, there are also cap holds for the minimum salary to fill out the roster.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Re-sign Wade last because you can only go over the cap to re-sign your own players.

Some of ya'll boys need to read up that Larry *+%@ Salary Cap FAQ...Look up cap holds. Cuz damn lol....

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I'd rather live in Cleveland than fake #+@ LA. Fake ******* everywhere, fake butts, fake faces, fake palm trees
laugh.gif
fake gangsters, and fake NBA championships given to yall by David Stern
laugh.gif

always grade A material.

truth is LA's women are
pimp.gif
, the palm trees are indeed real, and the "fake gangsters" im sure would love to hear that. you have no clue.

its too bad we get this kind of stereotype just off the actions of a few "so called" laker fans you see on the news and tv.

Chris Paul is a major factor in the Lebron sweepstakes. I hope to the holy heavens that he gets traded from New Orleans, hopefully Sam Presti works some magic and gets him to the Thunder. Highly unlikely, but it could happen.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

Some of ya'll boys need to read up that Larry *+%@ Salary Cap FAQ...Look up cap holds. Cuz damn lol....
laugh.gif
Thank you.  I understand it's complicated, but some people don't even bother try learning about it.  They just add and subtract salaries like it's simple math, there's a lot more to it.

I usually check http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm for a quick glance, but http://www.shamsports.com.../data/salaries/index.jsp has more details about salaries and contracts and holds and all that.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm Also gives people most of the answers that they're looking for, in case anyone is interested.

Did a lil research:

The -12 roster spot cap hold right now is $473,604 (rookie minimum) per spot x 13 empty roster spots = $6,156,852

$56,100,000 Salary Cap
-
  $4,736,040 6156852 -10 Player Cap Hold
  $4,962,240 Beasley's Cap Hold
  $847,000 Rio's Cap Hold
  $1,900,000 James Jones BuyOut
=
  $-42,233,908 Cap Space as of 6/24/10 12:51 am est

The Heat can offer $-14,077,969 each (I believe but not sure that Wade would need to sign 1st to release his hold)

+ $500,000 in no income tax (give or take)

edit- This is assuming they revoke the Bird right's of anyone eligible but Wade. And YES, it's complicated & I still might be wrong but I'm close

if I'm the Wizards, I make that trade ASAP.

You get rid of Gilbert's massive contract, and you have Vince as an expiring contract that you can use to trade for someone else that a team might be trying to get rid of.

Cut it, that trusted source is probably DoubleJs sending in massive amounts of emails claiming it's true.

Back
Top Bottom