* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Might have already been posted, but just read orlando might be interested in trading for CP3. Rumor has it that they have offered both jameer and VC as players they'd be willing to send off. Just imagine CP3 and D-12 on the same squad
sick.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

just imagine being eliminated in the second round. that team would be terrible. just howard and paul and nothing else on that team... you trade 2 starters for 1. you really become warriors east after that trade...

You serious?  They'd still have Gortat, Bass, Anderson and Lewis on the frontlines and Barnes, JJ and Pietrus on the outside.  How in the hell is that the Warriors East?  You're upgrading over Jameer and getting rid of the most heartless man in the NBA.

Bill Simmons and Chad Ford are having a NBA Draft Mock/Conversation on ESPN right now... even though ESPN sucks it's kind of interesting. Check it out.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Dude doesn't want to go to Portland and face the wrath of Chester McFloppy.

Might have already been posted, but just read orlando might be interested in trading for CP3. Rumor has it that they have offered both jameer and VC as players they'd be willing to send off. Just imagine CP3 and D-12 on the same squad
sick.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

just imagine being eliminated in the second round. that team would be terrible. just howard and paul and nothing else on that team... you trade 2 starters for 1. you really become warriors east after that trade...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You cant be serious dude.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@MO

Even with CP on the Magic it's still all on Dwight. If Dwight can't be antttt dominate offense player when it comes playoff time then you basically have the same team as this past season and before.

Originally Posted by Proshares

sick.gif
pimp.gif
happy.gif

You serious?  They'd still have Gortat, Bass, Anderson and Lewis on the frontlines and Barnes, JJ and Pietrus on the outside.  How in the hell is that the Warriors East?  You're upgrading over Jameer and getting rid of the most heartless man in the NBA.
I agree. Carter didn't provide much and Paul is an upgrade in all categories over Nelson. If that trade were to happen and Van Gundy moved Lewis to the 3 and started Bass, that team would be better than this past season's team.

roll.gif
 At Simmons trying to convince everyone that Pierce has 3 more high level years, and then maybe 2 decent years after that.  If Pierce was a Grizz, or a Pacer, he would say he was done right now. 
laugh.gif

Yeah Warriors of the East is quite the hyperbole. How exactly would a team get worse when you add arguably the best PG in the league?

I can guarantee Dwight gets 4 more easy dunks a game as soon as CP3 steps on the court. Not to mention Vince didn't step up for Orlando like they hoped and won't be a part of their long term plans. Redick already was on the court late in the game anyway, I wouldn't doubt he gets the starting job if that trade went through.

Anyway, like I mentioned before, I don't see CP3 being traded, especially in that scenario (trading for a PG when they have Collison and taking on Vince), so it's just a moot point.

Originally Posted by CP1708

roll.gif
 At Simmons trying to convince everyone that Pierce has 3 more high level years, and then maybe 2 decent years after that.  If Pierce was a Grizz, or a Pacer, he would say he was done right now. 
laugh.gif

Had to laugh at that myself, especially cause he is the same dude who tries to say every year is kobe last year at a superstar level
laugh.gif

What I want to know is, the Blazers bickered amongst themselves all year with the Andre Miller episode.  Dude finally got left alone, played pretty well as usuall, and yet, here we in the offseason and they are putting out feelers for CP3 (I get that) and Mo @#$%^% Williams? 
ohwell.gif

What does Andre Miller do to these people to have them hate him so much?  Mo Williams over Andre Miller?  Really?  And I'm not even that big of an Andre Miller guy, but damn. 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

i thought kane couldnt post anymore? whatever it was it was better without him
you feel me? 
laugh.gif

On topic, please do not sign T-Mac to the Lakers.  It seems like come the offseason everyone has forgotten about our weakness at the 1 - and signing a washed up swingman won't fix it.

Originally Posted by HOOD17

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@MO

Even with CP on the Magic it's still all on Dwight. If Dwight can't be antttt dominate offense player when it comes playoff time then you basically have the same team as this past season and before.

exactly. you improve with a pg who actually knows what hes doing but the rest of that team is just trash. Dwight and Paul would be the only two guys on that team with any talent.

lewis is washed up. warriors hasbeens in pietrus and barnes, jj all one demensional... you cant be serious with gortat and bass...

ok so you have a point guard who can score and pass. a bunch of 3 point shooters, and a big man who can block and board but cant shoot free throws and a garbage offensive game, and average back up bigs.....

hmmm...........warriors east is about right...

only difference is don nelson is a horrible coach and van gundy isnt...

Originally Posted by RoOk

Originally Posted by franchise3

Brown wants more $. He's only making like 2.5M I think. With so many teams with cap room, he can most likely net a little bit bigger deal.

For what it's worth, maybe a lot, maybe nothing, Jalen Rose just tweeted according to his research/sources, Lebron ain't coming back to Cle. Chi/LAC/Mia

Comon' we have seen this for years, one team will offer Brown & Farmer a contract offer way overpriced. We see this all the time
tired.gif

i dont think any team will offer farmar that much.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

no you mean he loves having a starting job. would come off the bench for most teams

No I mean he loves Cleveland.

Windy:

Quote:
[table][tr][td]Mo Williams says that Cleveland has become his home and he does not want to leave.

With trade rumors swirling around him over the last several weeks, the Cavaliers guard got proactive today via his Twitter feed by requesting not to be traded to his more than 54,000 followers.

"I'm not ready to go," Williams wrote. "I'm begging. My work ain't done yet. I'm on both knees."

Multiple league executives have said that the Cavs have had some trade talks with Williams but they are not looking to trade him, just to get a feel for his market if they decide to make a move.

In an interview with The Plain Dealer from his San Diego-area offseason home this afternoon, Williams said the trade rumors have been giving him some stress.

"It has been bothering me, it is a little nerve-wracking and frustrating," Williams said. "Especially from the simple fact that you don't want to leave. But there's a lot of things going with the team, and you never know what is going to happen.
It is something you can't control and it is part of the business."

Williams said that he has not been in contact with the organization, but that he's gotten a steady stream of calls as rumors have spread. Recently he's been linked to the Portland Trail Blazers and Sacramento Kings.

But league sources indicate the Cavs aren't close to any sort of deal for Williams and instead have been much more active in Delonte West trade talks. Still, Williams is somewhat unsettled.

"I have my heart in the city and the organization and I don't want to leave," Williams said. "You can look at it from both sides. Other teams want you, so that is good, but I love Cleveland."

Williams averaged 15.8 points and 5.3 assists during his second season with the Cavs this year. His shots were reduced by the arrival of Shaquille O'Neal and Antawn Jamison, but he said that he believes he had a good season. He was inconsistent in the playoffs, however, for a second consecutive season.

"You look back and you think you could have done more and you wish you could have done better," Williams said. "But we're competing for a championship, we're getting better and I want to be a part of this thing for the long run."

The question is whether Williams' friend and teammate, LeBron James, will be there for the long run. Whether or not James does re-sign with the Cavs may impact Williams' future as the Cavs go forward with their superstar or not.

But Williams said he hasn't talked to James about the big decision.

"We all feel confident that Cleveland is his primary destination and that he's going to stay with us," Williams said. "We're all crossing our fingers that he'll come out on July 1 and say he's coming back and sign on the dotted line as soon as possible and not prolong it." [/td][/tr][/table]

laugh.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@MO

exactly. you improve with a pg who actually knows what hes doing but the rest of that team is just trash. Dwight and Paul would be the only two guys on that team with any talent.

lewis is washed up. warriors hasbeens in pietrus and barnes, jj all one demensional... you cant be serious with gortat and bass...

ok so you have a point guard who can score and pass. a bunch of 3 point shooters, and a big man who can block and board but cant shoot free throws and a garbage offensive game, and average back up bigs.....

Even if Lewis is a little washed, look at what CP3 did with a New Orleans team that was lacking in great talent when he got there.  He made everyone on that team a better player and you'll be a fool to think he wouldn't do the same for Orlando, especially for Dwight.  Lewis can still hit the outside jumper and get to the rim.  I don't know where you're getting the notion that all of a sudden Barnes and Pietrus are has beens when they can both still score and play solid perimeter defense.  JJ showed in the playoffs how good his defense can be, especially chasing Ray Allen through screens as well as he can hit open jumpers so him being one dimensional isn't true.  Gortat and Bass are solid bigs who can start on most teams in the league, what the hell do you mean I have to be kidding?  Bass can play inside and outside and Gortat plays good defense and is a good rebounder.  You have your @$#$ all backwards, SVG is the biggest problem of the Orlando Magic.  His rotations are atrocious.  You probably think Gortat and Bass aren't capable because SVG refused to change his rotations in the playoffs.  Their best starting lineup against Boston would have been Nelson, JJ, Lewis, Bass and Howard.  SVG is a terrible coach IMO, don't care what anyone says.

You have to be kidding with Warriors of the East.  No offense to the GSW fans...

Whether magic trade for CP or not they are still the only team in the top 4 from a season ago that will have their core intact. While other teams will be wheeling and dealing, the magic seem as the only team that has their franchise player (Dwight) and chemistry come next season. Sometimes stability is best served after all is said and done.

Chris Douglas-Roberts Twitter page makes me think he spends a lot of time smoking pot alone.

And Mo Williams is embarrassing.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@MO

So...if you subtract Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson...and add Chris Paul....you're telling me a team that went to the Finals and the ECF a year later...is WORSE off?
That really makes sense to you?

Back
Top Bottom