* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

The Milwaukee Bucks will reportedly give the Nets a second-round draft pick for guard Chris Douglas-Roberts, according to Yahoo! Sports.

If it happens, and we think that a second-rounder is a very low price to pay for CDR, the Nets will hold the Nos. 3, 27, 31 and whatever pick they get from the Bucks for Douglas-Roberts. And if the Bucks set Michael Redd free as expected, CDR could make some noise at shooting guard in Milwaukee next year.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter
can anyone find more information on how the bucks are getting rid of Redd?
If that happens give Hammond the GM of the year again.
http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/16821995875

I dont see how'd he would leave.

He has a player option, and he'd be a fool to leave that 10+ mil on the table.

He's to injury prone to even command an MLE.

Did ya'll miss this?

chadfordinsider:

Sources: Blazers rejected the Wolves' offer of No. 4 pick for Batum.

Redd is not opting out and he isnt getting traded this summer. No one will take on a player that hasnt even played.

That trad sounds so bs we all didn't even pay attention to it.

Did Tony Parker really ask for a trade? Or is that just some dumb title by knick fans?

Raja Bell to the Lakers would be
roll.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Who is running the Nets?
laugh.gif

I can't get over Wesley Johnson pick, it's buffoonery, it's indefensible.
As a loyal Syracuse Orange fan that holds season tickets & watched EVERY game this season...Wes Johnson shouldn't be picked this high UNLESS he improved dramatically since the Butler meltdown. I've said it before, Wes isn't THAT great of a player.

I read something on Facebook about T-mac to the Lakers
nerd.gif

I pray this doesn't happen though.

CDR moving to the Bucks is fine.

The pick is low imo but it is what it is.

CDR did that to them with his mouth last year.

Tons of talent but attitude problems.

The nets are smoke screening the wes Johnson pick.

They want to see in Minny really do want him and are trying to get more picks from them.

As JPZ would tell you also, the move will most likely not work unless philly takes favors or cousins since I don't think Minny really does want him.

the Nets taking greg monroe there is true though.

The Nets see three players they could take there at 3.

We all just have to wait till the draft. They are still in money mode for free agency.

yeah i've been following CDR on twitter since he made an account and its safe to say hes a weird dude.. got some issues lol.. but I like him on the Bucks.. i think he'll be one of the better pickups this off season especially for the price.. Nets had a logjam at the 2/3 so CDR had to go... I still think T-Will will be a pretty good player for the Nets

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Lol at not wanting to give up Marc gasol for cp3. Sound like bull fans saying no to the kobe trade because they wanted to keep deng

OJ Mayo AND Marc Gasol AND probably a first rounder...for Chris Paul...who the hell is Chris Paul going to pass to if Gay leaves? I know he might be the best point guard in the game but that team without those two/three guys would be worse off than the Hornets. OJ and Gasol can be All-Stars themselves one day. I'd rather keep both of them than trade both for Paul.

Does this change who Milwaukee targets now with that 5th pick? Hard to see them taking a swingman now with C-Magg and CDR in the fold. Maybe they really did promise Larry Sanders.

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...rst_choice_remains_new_orleans_open_to_trade/[/h2]
[h2]Paul's First Choice Remains New Orleans, Open To Trade[/h2]
Paul_Chris_noh_091108.jpg

Jun 23, 2010 8:25 AM EST

noh_40.gif
Withtrade rumors swirling, Hornets point guard Chris Paul said Wednesdaythat he's open to a trade if the team isn't committed to winning atitle.

"My first choice is to be in New Orleans," Paul told ESPN TheMagazine's Chris Broussard. "I just want to make sure we're committedto winning. If we're not committed to winning and trying to get betterso we can contend with the Lakers, the Celtics and all these other topteams, then I'm open to being traded."

Reports that the other teams were calling the Hornets about Paul surfaced earlier this week.

New Orleans general manager Jeff Bower and new coach Monty Williams have downplayed speculation.

"I'm fine with staying in New Orleans, but I want to make sure we'recommitted to winning," said Paul. "I don't want to rebuild. I want towin now. It's nothing personal against the city. I love that city. Butmy biggest thing is winning."

[h2]Nets Looking For Wesley Johnson/Boozer Combo?[/h2]
Jun 23, 2010 8:30 AM EST

njn_40.gif
TheNets are believed to have serious interest in taking Syracuse smallforward Wesley Johnson with the third overall pick in Thursday night'sNBA Draft.

New Jersey believes that landing Johnson will help them sign Utah power forward Carlos Boozer as a free agent.

Johnson and Boozer are both represented by agent Rob Pelinka.

Sources told ESPN.com's Marc Stein that if the Nets select Johnson,it'll be a strong indication that they plan to go hard at Boozer oncefree agency begins.

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67381/20100623/favors_believes_76ers_could_pick_him/[/h2]
[h2]Favors Believes 76ers Could Pick Him[/h2]
Jun 23, 2010 7:27 AM EST

phi_40.gif
The76ers are fully expected to take Ohio State's Evan Turner with thesecond overall pick in Thursday night's NBA Draft, but Georgia Tech'sDerrick Favors still believes he's an option.

"I think I do," Favors said when asked if he thinks he has a realistic chance of being the second pick.

"Whatever team I get picked to, I'm just going to go in and workhard. Try to improve my game. Try to help the team improve and justmove on."

The Nets have the third pick and president Rod Thorn expects the 76ers to draft Turner.

"All of the information I have points to that direction," Thorn told the Star-Ledger.

[h2]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67380/20100623/bynums_knee_surgery_set_for_july_18/[/h2]
[h2]Bynum's Knee Surgery Set For July 18[/h2]
Jun 23, 2010 7:23 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Lakers center Andrew Bynum had his knee drained on Tuesday for the third time this month.

Bynum will travel to South Africa with friends to watch some WorldCup soccer before returning to the United States to have surgery onJuly 18.

He tore cartilage in his knee during the Lakers' first-round playoff series against the Thunder.

Suns Open To Trading Into First Round

Jun 23, 2010 7:12 AM EST

The Suns don't have a first-round pick in Thursday's NBA Draft, but outgoing general manager Steve Kerr remains open to trading for one.

"We've already explored a lot of options and it's tricky," Kerr said. "It's a lot easier said than done."

Acquiring a first-round pick could be costly. Portland reportedly paid $2 million to Golden State to move from No. 44 to No. 34 in the second round.

There is rumors that both Shannon Brown and Jordan Farmar are opting out. Farmar saying he wants a bigger role, which makes no sense because he's restricted I hardly doubt another team will offer him a deal. I have no idea why Shannon would opt out
eyes.gif
. Going to be interesting what the back court on the bench is going to look like. All they have on the team sign for next year is Morrison, Famar, Luke, and Odom.

Brown wants more $. He's only making like 2.5M I think. With so many teams with cap room, he can most likely net a little bit bigger deal.

For what it's worth, maybe a lot, maybe nothing, Jalen Rose just tweeted according to his research/sources, Lebron ain't coming back to Cle. Chi/LAC/Mia

Farmar opting out doesn't make much sense because I don't see him having an impact on many other teams. As far as Brown opting out, he could get more money somewhere else... If that's his motive Im sure it'll come through.

As for our #3 pick... I think its a little high to be taking Johnson, but if we have a good shot at Boozer, Im for it.

Really liking the Nets being aggressive here.

Back
Top Bottom