* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I think Denver will give it a few weeks. If they play well, they'll hold onto Melo, if not it would be best for both sides to part ways.

Anyone else read that Deron Williams to Dallas article? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

It is some hilarity, lemme tell ya.  They talk about Williams going to the Mavs in 2012, and mention how Dirk would be there to lead them to 50 wins, and they could sign Ray Allen, or Tim Duncan, or Kevin Garnett, or Antwan Jamison...........

Anyone see a problem with that story there?  In 2012 those guys will be gettin real close to 40. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Deron could certainly tire of Utah, and want to head home to Dallas, I got no problem with that, but it will be a complete new team by that point, none of those old guys the article tries suggesting. 
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Aren't most NBA owners billionaires? How exactly does that help in a sport with a salary cap.

Prokhorov is so overrated it's not even funny right now.
Seeing as how there is a luxury tax in place and many owners don't want to pay the dollar-for-dollar tax, I'd say that having an owner committed to winning and spending is a huge positive.
Of course, but that can only take you so far.  A lot of people, when they heard about the Nets' owner were salivating that he's going to be a free spending, wild billionaire, except he's still bound by the cap.  I'm sure he'll be more than willing to pay the tax but still.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

nets
laugh.gif

knicks fans have been spot on about that franchise on and off the court in the past 12-18 months, from the Brooklyn move, to that garbage 'young core', jay z, the Russian. the list goes on.

Can't wait to hear about how much potential Damion James and Terrence Williams have at 23 years old.

just like everyone was spot on about how overrated the knicks offseason would be??

Mike, how you gettin all those tweets to post?  You finally on twitter? 
hoopshype.com post tweets in the rumor section

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Al3xis

nets
laugh.gif

knicks fans have been spot on about that franchise on and off the court in the past 12-18 months, from the Brooklyn move, to that garbage 'young core', jay z, the Russian. the list goes on.

Can't wait to hear about how much potential Damion James and Terrence Williams have at 23 years old.

just like everyone was spot on about how overrated the knicks offseason would be??

yeah because everybody knew that bosh, wade, and lebron would end up on the same team.
eyes.gif

Melo to the Nets is a realistic option. Despite Denver asking for everything from everyone, the Nets are on their way up.

They've already moved on to a better market to The Prudential Center & are on their way to Brooklyn in '12. Everything is in motion.

They got rid of their old owner & stepped it up in that department with this new owner.

They stepped it up in coaching as well. Avery coming in is a big positive & Sam Mitchell to the assistant job is also a positive.

The only step back this offseason was losing Rod Thorn...

Everything is slowly improving.

& a team of:

Devin
Morrow
Melo
Murphy
Brook

With a solid young bench, is a playoff squad right there.

My take on the situation is that he won't even get dealt until the deadline... Denver is asking for way to much & I don't see many (if any) teams biting.

CP, do you only buy classic games or do you download them as well? ..i just found a site where you can download awful lots of classic games from 1970's till now.. including Championship series and key matchups, etc..

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

Aren't most NBA owners billionaires? How exactly does that help in a sport with a salary cap.

Prokhorov is so overrated it's not even funny right now.
Seeing as how there is a luxury tax in place and many owners don't want to pay the dollar-for-dollar tax, I'd say that having an owner committed to winning and spending is a huge positive.
Of course, but that can only take you so far.  A lot of people, when they heard about the Nets' owner were salivating that he's going to be a free spending, wild billionaire, except he's still bound by the cap.  I'm sure he'll be more than willing to pay the tax but still.
Sure spending can only take you so far, but not spending the money can seriously hurt a team's chances. Just ask the Suns.

Originally Posted by Goldmember

CP, do you only buy classic games or do you download them as well? ..i just found a site where you can download awful lots of classic games from 1970's till now.. including Championship series and key matchups, etc..
Talk to me brother, what is this site?  What they got there?

I like games that had somethin to them.  Bulls/Knicks series.  Magic v Bird.  Bron vs Wade when they both had 40+, 50 point games, etc. 

Throw that link up, and thanks. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Talk to me brother, what is this site?  What they got there?

I like games that had somethin to them.  Bulls/Knicks series.  Magic v Bird.  Bron vs Wade when they both had 40+, 50 point games, etc. 

Throw that link up, and thanks. 
smokin.gif

I would like this link also..

^
No, what's that? 

In my mind, hopes and dreams, there will be a day where I can literally look on a site, see December 15th 1994, Lakers vs Sonics, and I can watch the entire game, or download it, what the hell ever.  That's the world I want to live in. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

That site I have been buying games from is the closest I have got.  Dude has thousands of games, but that in turn, costs thousands of dollars.  Put it this way, if I ever won the lottery, that dude won the lottery too cuz I would be a buyin fool. 
laugh.gif

Wow man 
laugh.gif
.. this is not an insult by any means but if anyone knew about it I thought for sure it would be you. I'm surprised it hasn't been brought up in a random discussion also by any of the NBA folk on here. I know NaS and a few others know about it... damn, alright.
laugh.gif

Here it is: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/large-clips/

Website has HUNDREDS upon HUNDREDS of games uploaded by random posters and users. There's one guy that posts every single Miami Heat game, there's other guys that post college games, and there's other guy's that will just post random classic games (sounds about what you're looking for). I've downloaded several classic Timberwolves games from there, Lebron/Wade Sunday Day Game Overtime match up (I think that's one of the game's you said you want), 2001 NBA Finals 76ers/Lakers, 2006 NBA Finals Mavs/Heat, etc. etc. etc. And it goes way back too. Goes back to the 80s and what not.

I guarantee you'll love it man. However, I hope you have Windows because the downloads don't work on Macs (if I'm mistaken, someone please correct me).

Just go through the forum, which is currently 337 pages, and I'm sure you'll find all those games you're looking for.
pimp.gif

^
Ummmmmmm........wow. 

Right now I can't see a damn thing except for topics because it appears I have to file for membership.  But you're telling me there's thousands of games in that site, correct?  And all I have to do is download from there, to my CPU, and I can burn onto disk from there?  Is that what this site is going to do for me?  *needs to sit down*  *inhaler* 

Is that correct? 

PM sent CP.. let me know if the link works..just copy and paste it
laugh.gif

Friend of mine gave it to me as well but cant be bothered going through all 32 pages
eek.gif
at the moment..

Yep, that's how it works. According to the this spreadsheet that they have, there's 2511 games.

Gotta love the Knicks fans here.

The team is improving.

They will not give up Lopez. The latest I heard was Harris, Favors, Picks. and Denver insiders have mentioned that they have the best offers to be made.

Now I don't think Melo will be traded till after the beginning of the season.

I think Denver is going to end up doing what Toronto did with Carter if they don't make a move now.

If the Knicks get Melo then good for them. The Knicks fans on this board have known that I have said that it would be nice for the league to have them be successful again.

It just will help both teams especially if the Nets finally get to Brooklyn. I just like hearing the Knicks fans trash our team every year when probably this year was the only justifiable year over the past 9 seasons in the NBA. compared to their seasons.

I think a found a solution for this YUKU crap ..if the page goes to blank/white page..don't refresh it..just go back to previous page.. it works for me..

Originally Posted by AIRJORDAN JB23

& a team of:

Devin
Morrow
Melo
Murphy
Brook
Hmm.. Devin Harris still there..... Brook lopez still there... Who would NJ be trading Melo for then?

Back
Top Bottom