* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

^I vote aye.
laugh.gif
that was hilarious. I can probably help out again too

Originally Posted by h3at23

I know I'm basically NT nfl/nba mock draft commish but last yr I believe JA held the mock draft w/ current nba player. JA, are you doing it again this yr?
I've been participating in one that I got the idea from last year right now.

I don't know if I could run one right now, I'm about to move into my college dorm in about a week and a half, right in the middle of the draft probably, and I've considered it, but it was a hassle last year.

I could get you a template if you wanted to run it, I just don't have the time to this year (kind of gave up on the transactions thread too, been too busy
laugh.gif
),

If you want to run some ideas by me, send me a PM and I'll try to get back to you by Friday.

Thank you so much for posting those tweets. I was rolling on the train on my way 2 work reading them. Bron should delete his twitter account. And NT should make a thread for people tweeting all that hate. Lololol

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by h3at23

I know I'm basically NT nfl/nba mock draft commish but last yr I believe JA held the mock draft w/ current nba player. JA, are you doing it again this yr?
I've been participating in one that I got the idea from last year right now.

I don't know if I could run one right now, I'm about to move into my college dorm in about a week and a half, right in the middle of the draft probably, and I've considered it, but it was a hassle last year.

I could get you a template if you wanted to run it, I just don't have the time to this year (kind of gave up on the transactions thread too, been too busy
laugh.gif
),

If you want to run some ideas by me, send me a PM and I'll try to get back to you by Friday.
Yea, I think I'm gonna sit this one out as well. Maybe rck2sactown can manage it if he'd like

[h1]Lakers Blog[/h1][h2]Round-the-Clock Purple and Gold [/h2]

« Previous Post |Lakers Blog Home| Next Post »
[h1]Derek Fisher: Does he have a future as a motivational speaker? Saints think so[/h1]
August 31, 2010 |  7:37pm

There are reports out today that the New Orleans Saints, reigning Super Bowl champions (and doesn't that sound odd?), have asked Lakers point guard Derek Fisher to deliver a pregame speech for their season opener against the Minnesota Vikings on Sept. 9.

The Saints evidently believe that Fisher can give them insight into claiming back-to-back titles. With five rings to wear on his fingers, which include a three-peat from earlier this decade and the last two NBA championships, it's hard to argue with his success as a floor leader and champion. It didn't hurt that he's played with some superstars -- Shaquille O'Neal and Kobe Bryant, for those really wondering -- and had what many consider the sport's best coach if not finest motivator in Phil Jackson.

I don't believe there's any confirmation from either party. But if you caught Fish as the guest host on ESPN's Jim Rome Is Burning, you know he's got the composure and delivery to hold an audience. He looked almost too professional as he interviewed Kobe in his sporting attire.

What do you think, Laker-holics? Does Fish have the chops to deliver a motivational speech to a bunch of guys who run around each week like gladiators in armor? Seems to me that'd be a tough crowd.

--Dan Loumena

Too funny, when West joined the Celtics, I went and looked at Bron's page to see if anything would be mentioned, I saw that Bad Boys 3 line of his, and I saw one of his people make the joke about he could play Jo-Jo the tire man........"tell em somethin Jooooooooooo". 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm all for BB3, I would love to see that happen. 

[h2]Carmelo Isn't On The Market[/h2]
Anthony_Carmelo_den_091216.jpg

Sep 02, 2010 8:16 AM EST

den_40.gif
The Nuggets haven't yet placed All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony on the trade block.

ESPN.com's Marc Stein is reporting that Denver is not close to trading Anthony.

"That status could certainly change before NBA teams open training camps later this month, should [general manager Masai] Ujiri prove unsuccessful in his forthcoming attempt(s) to convince Anthony to sign the three-year, $65 million contract extension that the Nuggets, right around the June draft, believed Melo was on the verge of accepting," Stein wrote.

Teams have certainly called the Nuggets about Anthony, but Denver hasn't been listening to offers.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0yNkbBtuX

D.West. going to Boston only adds fuel to the rivalry of Miami vs Boston. The Big 3 against the new and younger Big3. D.West possibly becoming Lebrons step dad. Between Nate, Shaq, Garnett,Pierce and now D.West, there will be too much testosterone/swagger/ego. And overall character adding to this beef. The nba is turning into WWF. You couldn't script it better. Cantwait yo

[h2]Amar’e Stoudemire Told The Suns They Don’t Need Kobe[/h2]
By Aron Phillips

When you’re talking about building a team, even Amar’e Stoudemire believes in the importance of the point guard. After all, many believe it was two-time MVP Steve Nash that made Amar’e the player he is today. But when reminiscing with Paul Coro of The Arizona Republic yesterday, you might be surprised to hear that Stoudemire told the Suns’ brass after they traded away Stephon Marbury, Penny Hardaway and Tom Gugliotta during the 2003-04 season, he’d rather have Nash as his teammate than Kobe Bryant.
“The question ownership asked to me was, ‘Who do I want – Jason Kidd, Steve Nash or Kobe Bryant?’ I said Steve. Over Kobe. At the time, Kobe had a reputation for being selfish and Steve was the ultimate point guard. I felt like that’s what we needed. We had Joe Johnson and Shawn Marion. We just didn’t have a PG to control tempo. Kidd was banged up after microfracture (knee surgery).

Kobe was always/will be/always have been/and retire a laker.

But lets think this for a second, if the hornets never traded away kobe on draft night, do you think the hornets would be where the lakers are now and vise versa??

Kobe would've left the Hornets eventually and obviously have less rings. Who knows what team he goes to after but it's possible he could've had zero in that scenario. Despite how good he is as an individual he probably would've been in the same group as Vince, A.I. and T-Mac around early 2000.

Originally Posted by Spectacular23

Kobe was always/will be/always have been/and retire a laker.

But lets think this for a second, if the hornets never traded away kobe on draft night, do you think the hornets would be where the lakers are now and vise versa??
Hell no.  Lakers management is smart.  They've always been able to put good players on that team that may not be studs but contribute a whole hell of a lot when it matters most.

[h2]Deron Next To Ask For Trade?[/h2]
Sep 02, 2010 5:16 PM EST

uta_40.gif
Following free agency, this summer has been dominated by trade rumors involving Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony.

While discussing Anthony on Thursday, ESPN.com's Marc Stein wrote a quick paragraph on Jazz point guard Deron Williams.

"I have a feeling he's next for all these trade stories," a Western Conference official said of Williams.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0yPd0wf9d

I could see that when Sloan retires, to me Dallas would be the place he would want to be traded to.

I really don't see why people are coming with the Mavericks as a destination for Deron.

If it were to happen? Great, you got a supporter in me, and it's all a very happenstance kind of situation. We get some cap room, Kidd will likely retire or take a huge back-seat, our young talent has finally developed into something hopefully, but Dirk would be in his twilight, by 2012 we'll probably see Dirk start to diminish. I don't see it this year, I don't see it next year, but ~2012, that body of his is going to start to break down.

Other than a few nice young players, the Mavericks don't have a whole lot on the table right now.

There's still a lot of time to see if something comes up, but as we're currently situated? I don't see it.

And a trade? To the Mavericks?

I don't see that happening either.

I really don't see why people are coming with the Mavericks as a destination for Deron.
My dude wants to come home.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

My dude wants to come home.
pimp.gif
Like Bosh?

Even though Bosh made it clear he couldn't handle the pressure.

Like I said, I'll be more than happy to have Deron come on board, but I just don't see us as a primary destination.

Back
Top Bottom