* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

It's a big +%+ thread in general about it

And anyone with a iPhone4 u can edit post and quote people now

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

It's a big +%+ thread in general about it

And anyone with a iPhone4 u can edit post and quote people now
Not until February for me.
smh.gif

Bigmike23 wrote:
Originally Posted by Do Be Doo

Tiago is going to be a problem.
smh.gif

f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

RIP every BIG MAN in the NBA for the next 6-7 years.
tired.gif

roll.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4 years now, this kid still with the "we're comin, watch out, here we come, you'll see, I told you so, just watch, it's coming, here we go, are you ready........?"  

He just doesn't get it.  His once in a lifetime player, is gone.  They are a smart organization, they will make good solid, smart moves, compete, but will always fall short from now on.  They won't have the resources to build an elite team any more, not unless they get the #1 pick again, and get another once in a lifetime player. 

It's not a knock on them at all, it's just the truth, some people just refuse to see it I guess. 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

He forces me to post this again y'all.... sorry for the double:

Yeah I saw that quote man there really was NO reason to post it agian.
eyes.gif

Also CP we talking about TIAGO, not the SPURS.
wink.gif

So supposedly the Knicks are going to go with:

C - Turiaf
PF - Stat
SF - Randolph
SG - Gallinari
PG - Felton

That's one tall team
laugh.gif

i don't know about gallo at SG. don't think he's quick enough. but yeah, i love the height.

i think chandler may end up starting

Originally Posted by franchise3

So supposedly the Knicks are going to go with:

C - Turiaf
PF - Stat
SF - Randolph
SG - Gallinari
PG - Felton
And the award for Worst Defensive Team in NBA History goes to...

You could put "insert name here" next to any of those positions and you'd still have the worst defensive team in the league with Mike D.

And I'm telling you Tiago won't do a God damn thing other then make it to the first/second round with ya'll, and then bow out.  So enjoy, congrats, props.  But it don't change a thing. 

NBA Star Courted by New Orleans Saints

TMZ has learned the New Orleans Saints are determined to get Los Angeles Lakers star Derek Fisher into their locker room for opening day ... because they believe Fish holds the key to back-to-back championships.

Sources close to the deal tell TMZ that Derek "has been asked by the Saints to address the team before their home opener in N.O. on September 9."

We're told the team especially wants Derek to talk about what it takes to lock down consecutive championships "as he did with the Lakers."

Fisher personally received calls from coaches and "other team staff" -- and we're told the courting worked ... because Fisher agreed and will be in the Superdome to pump up the reigning Super Bowl champs before they take the field.
Source

If I understand correctly, D Fish played HS football in Louisiana, and won back to back titles on that team or something to the effect.  Then the early 00 Lakers, this current squad, hometown connection sort of, etc etc, there's your reason.  Besides, Fish a well respected, well spoken dude, he's the guy that would get picked last in a pick up game, but always finds a way to help a team win.  Drew Brees can handle the star power for the Saints, let the "everyman" type dude come in and rally up the other guys on the roster that prolly only play special teams or whatever. *shrugs* 
It's an attention ploy and all that, no biggie. 

So please Doo, chill on the Duncan joke I cracked, was just foolin, pay me no mind.   Don't send any U Mad pics or any of that, even though I kinda liked that pic, I think it's cute how you guys can fit all your trophies in one picture like that. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i thought fisher was born and raised in arkansas? i know he is a die hard cowboys fan cause him and kobe always trash talk come football season

^Yea, I know Fish is an alright speaker. But an attention ploy, like you said.

I was kidding too about Kobe but not really.

I thought same thing about Fish, but reading about it this morning, they mentioned something about HS football in LA.  (the state)  So I dunno, just made a little bit more sense with that connection, but I have no idea one way or the other.  Just what I read somewhere. 

I got it figured out now, and it's my bad.  I knew he was from Little Rock, but the article I read this morning said something about back to back football titles in Louisiana. 

Well, I went back to that article, what they were talking about was they thought the Saints should have put out a call to a FOOTBALL player that had won back to back titles, and he was from Louisiana.  That would be Terry Bradshaw.  But for some reason, they never mention his name, they just insinuate.  So i mixed it up when I was reading thru it earlier.  My bad ya'll. 
embarassed.gif

Question: Why does Ricky Rubio suck in international play? Even in the ACB with FC Barcelona he doesn't really stand out. Is there a possibility that he might be *gasp* a bust in the NBA? The kid's shooting %age is terrible, his assists numbers are super mediocre for the type of player/playmaker he is advertised as, and from what I've seen this summer with him on the Spain team he's reckless as all hell.

Back
Top Bottom