* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

who wants to go to GSW? seriously? after they trade for Melo the roster will be depleted so whats the point?
A Curry, Lee, and Melo "Big three" doesn't sound bad at all, and Monta and Biedrins are very good players that Denver's coveted in the past...in addition to the big market, new ownership, there's some potential.

why would denver take monta and biedrins horrible contracts?

Monta's contract is okay for a player of his level (it could be a lot worse, if you see the contracts being handed out nowadays). Andris' contract sucks but he's a decent young center and all big men are overpaid nowadays. It depends on if Denver likes both of them enough; they tried trading for Biedrins in the past so it's possible. Of course we'd probably have to throw in some smaller pieces (Wright? Radmonovic?) in order to make it work. The reason for Denver to do this over other offers are that both of them are actually proven young players (both are 24) and people know what they'll give you every game. You can't say the same about Favors, etc. although they could definitely be potentially better than both of them. It depends on what Denver's looking for obviously, but if they want two high-quality young players that are getting into their "prime" (who combined make a salary of around a max player) over a potential superstar that is unproven, they could take GS's deal.

I don't expect it to happen, but there's a chance, and for the Warriors, that's better than nothing.
laugh.gif

44 million for a guy that is a under size 2,cant play D and puts up numbers on a bad team in don nelson run and gun system is a bad deal. why take Andris if you have nene for 2 more years?

Denver is not going to take back horrible contract for middle of the road NBA players.

The reason for Denver to do this over other offers are that both of them are actually proven young players (both are 24) and people know what they'll give you every game. You can't say the same about Favors
come on now.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Nets deal: Morrow manna from heaven
Good read. Wish the Warriors kept him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JPZx

I have the Sacramento Kings in that group too, JA.
They probably have the best, young 1-2 punch in the L, but there isn't a single player on that team I'd want on my team, with the exception of MAYBE Jason Thompson.
Sammy D can help the Mavs. Especially against the Lakers. Landry is a good efficient scorer off the bench. And he goes to the line too so you won't be seeing JET missing all his jumpers in a critical playoff game.

Calling both of them "middle of the road" is a little absurd, don't you think?
laugh.gif
You gotta give them more credit than that. But I can agree with what you say about Biedrins.
But bottom line, Monta can give you 25 points a game if he's healthy and speed up the tempo of a game at all times, and Biedrins, if he ever recovers from that crap year he had last year, can be a 10/10 type of player.

Of the teams that Melo's apparently interested in (GSW, LAC, NJ, CHA, HOU), a lot of those other teams can offer Denver more cap flexibility and more potential (Favors, etc.), but like I said, it depends on what Denver wants so we'll find out when they make a decision.

@Chris_Broussard Jamal Crawford will ask Hawks to trade him if they don't offer him for a contract extension pronto. Story up on espn.com

i knew this was coming, he deserves that extension but he aint getting it after they paid Johnson and will have to pay Horford next season.

Well if Denver wants to be a middle of the pack team for the next five years, then they have to do that deal.
Pretty much. You can't turn down an overpaid chucker and an overpaid center coming off an injury-riddled season.

Monta is a chuck that would be a nice fit as a 6th man on a playoff team.

If he's your best player or one of your cornerstones, you're gonna suck.

Los Angeles Lakers re-sign D.J. Mbenga

D.J. Mbenga will continue playing for the Los Angeles Lakers next season for the minimum salary. The NBA franchise has reached a one-year agreement with the 29-year-old Belgian center, in the team since 2008. Mbenga, who has won two NBA titles with the Lakers, averaged 2.2 points and 1.8 rebounds per game in 6.7 minutes per game last season. The Dallas Mavericks and the Houston Rockets were also in talks to land the five-year veteran center.
Source

DJ-Mbenga-Champ.jpg

f5944368abe01465d4c0407181d30778-getty-99856385mc138_nba_finals_ga.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

[h1]Report: Knicks Remain Melo's First Choice[/h1]Aug 28, 2010 12:42 AM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
According to the New York Daily News, all indications are that Carmelo Anthony intends to land with the Knicks.

"I give the Knicks a puncher's chance because everything I've heard from Carmelo's people is that his top choice is New York," Frank Isola reports. "His leverage is that he'll be a free agent on July 1."
[h1]New Denver GM: Keeping Melo My Top Priority[/h1]Aug 28, 2010 12:52 AM EST
Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
The Nuggets' new general manager, Masai Ujiri, told The Associated Press Friday night that his top priority is to try to keep Carmelo Anthony in Denver.

"Of course, that's going to be the priority," Ujiri said. "Melo is a great player, I think arguably a top-5 player in the NBA. ... It's a challenge, but I'll meet with Melo at some point. He's in China and he'll come back in the next couple of days. So, we'll set something up."

Ujiri said he understands that Anthony faces a major decision.

"I think that Melo maybe sometimes he goes through this in his mind and says, 'Should I stay? Should I go?' That's natural with somebody of his caliber and obviously sometimes he'll have his frustrations," Ujiri said. "But we love Melo. The city loves Melo. The players, the coaches."

Ujiri's previous position in Toronto exposed him to a similar situation where the team's marquee player did not sign the extension offered him.

"I just came from the Chris Bosh situation with the Toronto Raptors, so I can relate to how difficult it is on both sides," Ujiri said. "Obviously with management, with coaching, with the player himself."

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by JPZx

I have the Sacramento Kings in that group too, JA.
They probably have the best, young 1-2 punch in the L, but there isn't a single player on that team I'd want on my team, with the exception of MAYBE Jason Thompson.
Sammy D can help the Mavs. Especially against the Lakers. Landry is a good efficient scorer off the bench. And he goes to the line too so you won't be seeing JET missing all his jumpers in a critical playoff game.
No thanks, we have Tyson Chandler (expiring), and Dominique Jones for those necessities.
wink.gif

Can a non Bulls fan please answer this for me......Can you explain to me why there are a ton of people who think the Bulls are going to be a top team this year? I just dont get it. I mean, I even saw one "expert" predict that they are going to be in the finals. What makes this Bulls team any better than they were last year? Aside from the projected growth of DRose, I really dont see why this team is expected to make any leap in improvement.

Can someone who isnt biased school me?

Originally Posted by dland24

Can a non Bulls fan please answer this for me......Can you explain to me why there are a ton of people who think the Bulls are going to be a top team this year? I just dont get it. I mean, I even saw one "expert" predict that they are going to be in the finals. What makes this Bulls team any better than they were last year? Aside from the projected growth of DRose, I really dont see why this team is expected to make any leap in improvement.

they are a WAY better team than they were last year. did you see all the pickups they got? im guessing you didnt.

Originally Posted by dland24

Boozer, Ronnie Brewer, Korver, CJ Watson. All very solid pickups.

C'mon man
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
... Bulls aren't going to be better than last season?

Derrick Rose, Carlos Boozer, Joakim Noah, Ronnie Brewer, Luol Deng, Taj Gibson, Kyle Korver, etc.

[h1]http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...want_to_deal_carmelo_to_nets_kings_or_wolves/[/h1]
[h1]Nuggets Want To Deal Carmelo To Nets, Kings Or Wolves[/h1]

Aug 28, 2010 5:05 PM EST

Anthony_Carmelo_den.jpg
Sam Amico of NBA.com is reporting that the Nuggets are looking at three teams as destinations for All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony -- the Nets, Kings and Timberwolves.

"Early word around NBA is Nuggets will try to trade Carmelo to 1 of 3 teams: Wolves, Kings, Nets. In other words, careful what you wish for," Amico wrote on his Twitter page.

The New York Post reported on Saturday morning that the Nets are a "legit" suitor for Anthony.

An NBA executive was quoted as saying that New Jersey as the right pieces to acquire the forward.

Read more: http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_a...armelo_to_nets_kings_or_wolves/#ixzz0xwgB7sHa
Would Minnesota or Sacramento give up the players to basically rent Melo for one year? Because I wouldn't imagine he would agree to be extended then traded if he was going to Minny or even Sac.   Just not to the Nets, all I ask.

the kings could give up what to get him?

T'wolves have the players but i just dont see melo signing long term there.

A PLAYER OF RELEVANCE ACTUALLY RUMORED TO BE COMING TO MINNESOTA??!

christmas.jpg

Christmas in August
f41369041c7c83a25915e21049eeb1c02dad9d94_r.gif

Lol nah but it ain't going to happen
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom