* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

if he is moved to the clippers, i dont see them being any better than the current nuggets.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are one of more promising young combos in the league.

Originally Posted by CP1708

jetpackbirdy wrote:

Delonte West in Boston today.

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lord let me see that happen.  Ya'll try and tell me that won't have a certain player in Miami lookin nervous come May. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Actually, come to think of it, ya'll said Wade was bangin Shaq's new chick right? 
laugh.gif
  The animosity/trash talk that would go on on that court would be pure perfection.  These teams GOT to meet in the postseason. 

Simmons also has that Celtics playoff chants twitter. Could be especially epic. I know ESPN has a gag order on the story but Simmons shouldn't really give a $+@+
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Originally Posted by acidicality

I heard Minnesota might want a PG...
smh.gif
I hope this is a rumor why we have 3 PG
take a joke?
ok
laugh.gif
moving on
So are the only destinations for Melo is NY, NJ, HOU, and LAC? This is getting annoying how all these guys want to pair so bad but hey it is what it is now.

GP not even subtly droppin bombs on D-Wade
laugh.gif

MANILA, Philippines - Gary Payton, who played with Shaquille O’Neal and Dwyane Wade on the Miami team that won the 2006 NBA title, said the other day the pressure is on the Heat’s Big Three – not Fil-Am coach Erik Spoelstra – to prove they can deliver a championship to the franchise.

“The pressure is on Dwyane, LeBron (James) and Chris (Bosh) to show it was worth all the trouble of getting them together,

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

if he is moved to the clippers, i dont see them being any better than the current nuggets.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Eric Gordon and Blake Griffin are one of more promising young combos in the league.
one of those 2 well definitely get dealt with kaman

Allen gon slap GP next time he see him, he don't believe in those Kobe work ethic stories. 
laugh.gif

Nas, you find anything on the trading of picks? 

The Los Angeles Clippers’ own 2012 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (top 10 protected in the 2012 draft, top 10 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 10 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft). In addition, if the Los Angeles Clippers are required to send their 2012 first round pick pursuant to the above and are also entitled to receive Minnesota’s own 2012 first round draft, then Oklahoma City shall receive the lesser of the Los Angeles Clippers’ own 2012 first round pick and Minnesota’s own 2012 first round pick. [L.A. Clippers -Oklahoma City, 6/24/2010]

I hope that last part isn't too confusing.
laugh.gif
It basically means in 2012 the Thunder could get the lower pick between the Clippers' own pick and the T'Wolve's pick.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

The Los Angeles Clippers’ own 2012 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (top 10 protected in the 2012 draft, top 10 protected in 2013, top 10 protected in 2014, top 10 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft). In addition, if the Los Angeles Clippers are required to send their 2012 first round pick pursuant to the above and are also entitled to receive Minnesota’s own 2012 first round draft, then Oklahoma City shall receive the lesser of the Los Angeles Clippers’ own 2012 first round pick and Minnesota’s own 2012 first round pick. [L.A. Clippers -Oklahoma City, 6/24/2010]

I hope that last part isn't too confusing.
laugh.gif
It basically means in 2012 the Thunder could get the lower pick between the Clippers' own pick and the T'Wolve's pick.

ohwell.gif

Good Lord.  I've read that #$%^ 6 times, think I'm more confused now then the first time I read it.   
laugh.gif
  Let's hope OKC takes that pick right away so all that other stuff will end. 

But my question was more of the no trading picks back to back years, is it just same team, or all teams in the NBA?  For instance, if the Clips gave 2012 to OKC, could they move 2013 to another team in the league, or do they HAVE to keep it and can only offer a 2014 first rounder to teams?  See what I'm sayin?  I know for a fact that multiple picks in the same trade have to be staggered, so if the Clips traded for Durant it would have to be 2012, 2014, 2016, etc.  But can they move 2013 and 2015 to OTHER teams? 

If they have Minny's unprotected in 2012, and their own 2013 first rounder, Deandre Jordan, Randy Foye, filler, it still wouldn't be enough, they would HAVE to include Eric Gordon.  Which would leave the Clips waaaaaay too thin.  Kaman, Baron, Blake, Melo, Bledsoe is nice, but they would have zero bench, and no picks for a while to help.  It would be tough, so I'm not likin the Clippers chances right now lookin at it. 

I think it would have to be a 2014 pick at the very earliest.

And unless the Clippers wait until December so their signees from this summer are eligible to get traded, they'd have to include Kaman (since I don't think many teams want Baron) in any trade to get Melo from a salary standpoint. Everybody else on the team is making chump change compared to those two.

who wants to go to GSW? seriously? after they trade for Melo the roster will be depleted so whats the point?

im talk a wild guess and say nobody saw yahoo C rankings? cause some of yall will have a field day with it

WOW, Al Horford as the fourth best CENTER in the L?

Al Horford isn't fourth best anything in the NBA, except fourth best Hawks player (which he's probably 2nd/3rd best).

Al Horford isn't the fourth best center, forward, or power forward.

The more pressing issue imo is who the @#$% voted for the Clippers for the upcoming team of the decade on ESPN? 
roll.gif
That just don't even sound right.  I get young core, maybe Melo, yadi yadi yeah, whatever, but the Clippers?  Team of the decade? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Talk about goin out on a limb. 

The more pressing issue imo is who the @#$% voted for the Clippers for the upcoming team of the decade on ESPN? 
roll.gif
That just don't even sound right.  I get young core, maybe Melo, yadi yadi yeah, whatever, but the Clippers?  Team of the decade? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Maybe because of Blake Griffin and some young talent, but eh.

It's the Thunder, no one else should come into contention with that kind of title.

Are they talking about up-and-coming, or just straight up TEAM OF THE DECADE?

There aren't many teams out there right now who have been bad for a while that I see making a huge come-up other than the Thunder (who already have made their way up), Blazers (who've been there for a few years now), and maybe the Wizards (if Wall works well with his bigs). Milwaukee could be another name, but we'll have to see how all those new pieces fit in. New York of course too.

But TEAM of the decade? for 2010-2019?

Lakers, Heat, and if you want to throw in a couple more names for the hell of it, Chicago and Orlando are the only real teams that we can see right now having a huge impact this decade. Sure a team like the Celtics might win a ring this decade, but as it looks right now, this is another decade of dominant teams.

Nets deal: Morrow manna from heaven
Spoiler [+]
The same day LeBron James changed the course of his career and life forever, Anthony Morrow did the same, receiving an offer sheet with the New Jersey Nets for three years and $12 million.

That's where the parallels end between Morrow and James. The publicity and suspense surrounding the two moves weren't exactly equal. Nor the subsequent scrutiny of what led to the two decisions. And certainly no one is expecting Morrow to do for the Nets what James is supposed to do for the Heat.

Let's face it, Morrow barely moves the needle while James makes it jump. But which deal delivered more satisfaction to the recipient? That would depend on your units of measurement. While James signed a deal worth almost 10 times more and is headed to tropical Miami and a team expected to contend for an NBA title, it's hard to imagine he felt the same mix of joy and relief and gratitude that Morrow did. And does.

"Just two years ago, I was broke," says Morrow, 24. "My mom and I had each other. We struggled. The bills had piled up and she had lost her house and we lived in a lot of different places."

By NBA standards, the Nets' offer -- which the Golden State Warriors transformed into a sign-and-trade deal to at least recoup a trade exception -- was a modest one, but for Morrow it meant the blissful end to life without financial security. His mom would no longer have to work three jobs. She always would have a roof over her head. He could get both his parents, Angela Morrow and Larry Mayhew, out of debt. His 18-month-old daughter, A'niyah, would be assured a college education.

So Morrow, an only child, reacted as most of us would when the Nets' offer arrived. "I just jumped up and ran around crazy," he says. "It was like a thousand-pound weight had been taken off my shoulders."

Maybe fans could see that weight on his shoulders as he played for the Warriors the last two years. Undrafted after four years at Georgia Tech, he needed his college coach's connections just to get a tryout for -- coincidentally -- the Heat summer league team in 2008. Then Morrow needed incumbent sharpshooter Daequan Cook to separate his shoulder to open up actual playing time.

"If he doesn't get hurt, I probably don't get a chance to play," he says. "I was next in line."

Morrow parlayed a strong performance for the Heat in the abbreviated Orlando Summer League into a chance to excel for the Warriors in the Las Vegas and Salt Lake City summer leagues. That led to a regular-season roster spot. Which led to his emergence as one of the league's most proficient 3-point shooting threats.

Warriors fans fell in love with him along the way. Even as the ball was swung to his side of the floor, a quiet roar would begin to build in anticipation of Morrow's almost languid, effortless jumper from beyond the 3-point arc.

"Every time he let it go, they expected it to go in," says Warriors GM Larry Riley. "He's one of the best shooters in the league and he's an absolute gym rat."

That work ethic actually may have been a reason he went undrafted. He sustained a stress fracture in his lower back while working out before his junior year at Georgia Tech. He still tried to sneak into the gym to shoot until the coaching staff threatened to make the whole team run at 6 a.m. if he didn't stop until he was cleared to play. He got the green light the first day of the season, which meant months of catching up, conditioning-wise.

More than once he considered leaving school to find a job and help out at home. That's what he'd done throughout high school, joining his mom on a custodial crew that cleaned office buildings, sometimes right after he'd lit up the scoreboard leading Charlotte (N.C.) Latin High to two state titles.

Angela was working at the DMV, driving a school bus and cleaning on the weekends. But she refused to let Anthony drop out. The back improved his senior year but he averaged 14 points and four rebounds for a 15-17 Yellow Jackets squad. Not exactly the kind of numbers from a 22-year-old, 6-foot-5, 215-pound shooting guard/small forward that turn scouts' heads.

Paul Hewitt, then the Georgia Tech coach, got Morrow a spot in a Heat minicamp. His summer league performances earned him an $80,000 offer from a team in the Ukraine, which he planned to take before the Warriors signed him to a two-year minimum contract, worth roughly $1 million.

That's a lot of money for someone from the Little Rock Apartments in Charlotte, a lower-class complex being torn down for a ritzy set of condominiums. Morrow went back in June and paid for a cookout for the neighborhood, held a basketball clinic and commiserated with his former neighbors. Then he went back again in August and delivered backpacks and other school supplies.

"It's a very, very humbling experience to go back there," he says.

Morrow won't ever be an All-Star. He's worked hard at his defense and his ballhandling, but he's below par for a starting swingman in almost every category outside of shooting. But no matter what happens, he's already a wild success. So the next time you see a young man mopping the floors of an office or hauling garbage out of a corporate high-rise, keep in mind that you could be looking at someone who has a unique gift -- and needs everything to break just right to show it.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

I have the Sacramento Kings in that group too, JA.
They probably have the best, young 1-2 punch in the L, but there isn't a single player on that team I'd want on my team, with the exception of MAYBE Jason Thompson.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

who wants to go to GSW? seriously? after they trade for Melo the roster will be depleted so whats the point?
A Curry, Lee, and Melo "Big three" doesn't sound bad at all, and Monta and Biedrins are very good players that Denver's coveted in the past...in addition to the big market, new ownership, there's some potential.

A Curry, Lee, and Melo "Big three" doesn't sound bad at all, and Monta and Biedrins are very good players that Denver's coveted in the past...in addition to the big market, new ownership, there's some potential.

why would denver take monta and biedrins horrible contracts?

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 because of Blake Griffin
The. End.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

why would denver take monta and biedrins horrible contracts?
Monta and Biedrins for Melo is laughable.

Back
Top Bottom