* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Yao will be in the MVP talks this year, watch
I'm sorry that you lack intelligence.

In other words, you're dumb.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

*sigh* I wish we still had Dominique Jones regardless of his ******ed tattoo.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wouldn't matter, he wouldn't be signed.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68833/20100824/bobcats_will_try_to_deal_dampier/[/h1]
[h1]Bobcats Will Try To Deal Dampier[/h1]

Aug 24, 2010 5:21 PM EST

Dampier_Erick_dal.jpg
Bobcats general manager Rod Higgins says the team will try to trade center Erick Dampier next month.

Charlotte agreed to a one-year deal with Kwame Brown on Monday.
Detroit for Rip
nerd.gif
PLEASE?

Dampier will more than likely be traded after september 12th so they can package him with another player, they've held onto him this long.

Rip would be a nice fit for Charlotte but i'm not sure Mike is trying to have a 2002 Wizards reunion. 

Some deal for JR Smith's expiring, lawson, and a filler for Dampier and Henderson might work

Hope Yao is 100%...

Still think if he didn't get injured, Rockets would of won that series..

Yea kill me...
indifferent.gif

Ron Artest helped the Lakers win that series....Yao going down and clearing the lane allowed Brooks to go off

If Hou could find their defense from that year + Melo
nerd.gif

By Ric Bucher
ESPN The Magazine
Updated: August 25, 2010, 1:40 AM ET

Former Phoenix Suns assistant general manager David Griffin turned down the Denver Nuggets' offer to be their next general manager, according to sources, and the team is expected to pursue Masai Ujiri, director of global scouting for the Toronto Raptors.

Ujiri spent four years as the Nuggets' director of international scouting before joining the Raptors.

Griffin turned down the offer, a league source said, in part because it was nowhere near $1 million a year, the median salary for recently hired GMs such as the Cleveland Cavaliers' Chris Grant, the New Orleans Hornets' Dell Demps and the Portland Trail Blazers' Rich Cho.

The authority of the position is also uncertain. Josh Kroenke, son of owner Stan Kroenke, and Stan's adviser, Bret Bearup, are expected to be heavily involved. Despite not having a GM in place, the source said the Nuggets have been exploring what they might be able to get for All-Star forward Carmelo Anthony, who has not signed the team's three-year, $65 million extension offer and could become a free agent next summer.

Another league source said Anthony, "in his heart," would like to stay in Denver but has lost faith in the team's direction.

laugh.gif
smh.gif

[h2]Scottie Pippen honored with statue[/h2]

ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls will unveil a statue of Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen that will be displayed in the United Center at some point during the season.

"Not only is Scottie Pippen one of the greatest players to ever wear a Bulls uniform, but he's among the best players in history of the league to play the game," Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said in a statement. "He had a tremendous impact in bringing six world championships to Chicago and there is no better way to pay tribute to him than with a permanent statue that honors his inspirational career."

Pippen was elected to the Hall of Fame on Aug. 13. He won six NBA titles with the Bulls, was named one of the 50 greatest players and made seven All-Star teams.

"Words really can't express my feelings," Pippen told the Bulls' website. "It's an unbelievable honor and truly amazing. It's something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality. You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It's an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me."

Omri and Julie Rotblatt-Amrany of Highland Park, Ill., will craft Pippen's statue. They also sculpted the famous Michael Jordan statue which was unveiled in January 1994 as part of Jordan's No. 23 jersey retirement.

Pippen returned to the Bulls in July as a team ambassador.

My man Pip
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, probably shouldnt get a statue but congrats regardless

Police: J.R. Smith Involved in Altercation at Nuggets Practice Facility

Denver Nuggets shooting guard J.R. Smith  was involved in an altercation at the team's practice facility on Aug. 13, when police arrived after a player not associated with the Nuggets claimed to have been attacked by the mercurial 24-year-old.

After numerous sources told FanHouse of the incident, the Denver Police Department confirmed it on Wednesday afternoon.

"We did have a report of an altercation that took place at the Denver Nuggets' practice facility," Detective John White of the Denver Police Department told FanHouse by phone. "That case was investigated and ultimately presented to the district attorney's office. ... Ultimately, the district attorney's office, after being presented with the findings by the Denver Police Department, decided not to pursue charges.

"We were called to that location about an incident possibly involving Mr. Smith. When we got there, the officers conducted their investigation. It did involve Mr. Smith."

According to White, the player -- who sources said lives in the Denver area and played previously with the now defunct Colorado 14ers of the NBA D-League -- is "not a member of the National Basketball Association."

According to a league source who spoke with one of the people in the gym, numerous players were taking part in drills when members of the Nuggets' coaching staff told the player who later called police to be physical with Smith.

"They were just wanting the guy to be physical with J.R., telling the other guys, 'Hey, body up on the guys and really make them work,'" the source said. "J.R. just lost it. He tried to choke the kid, and the kid called the cops."

Even with the legal charges being dropped, this is yet another unflattering incident for the player with whom the Nuggets are ready to part ways with. Smith spent 24 days in jail last summer after being convicted of reckless driving following a June 2007 accident in New Jersey in which his friend was killed. It was hardly the first time he had shown bad judgment while behind the wheel, as the judge at the time noted the 28 points accumulated on his driving record in 2005 alone.

His on-court judgment and unpredictable ways have constantly been questioned by the Nuggets as well, with coach George Karl almost always leading that chorus. Now that former Nuggets executive Mark Warkentien is no longer around to push for patience with Smith, sources reiterated that the team, which has yet to hire a new general manager, is clearly looking to trade him before the February trade deadline.

Even with his transgressions, Smith, who averaged 15.4 points in 27.7 minutes per game last season, remains a rare breed of streak scorer. His value is aided by the fact that he's entering the final season of his contract (worth $6.03 million).

Calls to the Nuggets' media relations department, Karl and son of owner Stan Kroenke, Josh, were not immediately returned. Calls to Smith's representatives, Arn Tellem and Thaddeus Foucher, were also not returned. League spokesman Mark Broussard, who was reached in the after-office hours Wednesday, said he was unaware of the incident and was unable to immediately reach his colleagues who are traveling to Istanbul, Turkey for the FIBA World Championships with Team USA to investigate further.
Source

smh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Wouldn't matter, he wouldn't be signed.
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Good one
laugh.gif

The fact that Heisley hasn't read the CBA is
laugh.gif

Heisley really wants to win, but he's just dumb when it comes tobasketball. The fact that he's STILL listening to Jerry West in termsof making moves is ******ed as well. The guy was a good GM in Memphis,but he made more bad moves than good moves for the team. I actuallybelieve that the Pau deal was pushed by West because its obvious thatHeisley still listens to him by what he said in the interview.

I remember a while back when Mark Cuban went on record saying that hedoesn't believe that Heisley is a 'bad' owner, but moreso the victim ofbad information.

I tend to agree with that more so today than I did in the past.

Butif you have been in the game this long and continue to rely on the sameresources that have been making you look foolish and like atyrant, then that's on you. No one else to blame.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

pimp.gif
Welcome back Yao.

laugh.gif
Chuck Hayes.
Damn, Chuck Hayes looks like a guard out there next to Yao�
laugh.gif
�It blows my mind that he played center last year when Yao was out.�
It's because he's 6'6

Originally Posted by jmause3

[h2]Scottie Pippen honored with statue[/h2]

ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls will unveil a statue of Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen that will be displayed in the United Center at some point during the season.

"Not only is Scottie Pippen one of the greatest players to ever wear a Bulls uniform, but he's among the best players in history of the league to play the game," Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said in a statement. "He had a tremendous impact in bringing six world championships to Chicago and there is no better way to pay tribute to him than with a permanent statue that honors his inspirational career."

Pippen was elected to the Hall of Fame on Aug. 13. He won six NBA titles with the Bulls, was named one of the 50 greatest players and made seven All-Star teams.

"Words really can't express my feelings," Pippen told the Bulls' website. "It's an unbelievable honor and truly amazing. It's something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality. You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It's an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me."

Omri and Julie Rotblatt-Amrany of Highland Park, Ill., will craft Pippen's statue. They also sculpted the famous Michael Jordan statue which was unveiled in January 1994 as part of Jordan's No. 23 jersey retirement.

Pippen returned to the Bulls in July as a team ambassador.

My man Pip
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, probably shouldnt get a statue but congrats regardless
he deserves it IMO

Back
Top Bottom