* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

Delonte West in Boston today.

eek.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Lord let me see that happen.  Ya'll try and tell me that won't have a certain player in Miami lookin nervous come May. 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Actually, come to think of it, ya'll said Wade was bangin Shaq's new chick right? 
laugh.gif
  The animosity/trash talk that would go on on that court would be pure perfection.  These teams GOT to meet in the postseason. 

The deal to sell a minority stake in the Cavaliers to a Chinese investment group has been dead for months, according to sources from the team.

The sale was expected to be completed late last year, pending NBA approval.

"It never materialized, as far as completing the application process with the league," said Cavs President Len Komoroski. "Ultimately, you would have to ask [Huang's group] as to why."

Via Cleveland Plain Dealer

haha remember all the cavs fans saying lebron will never leave because they getting that Chinese money. that was my favorite excuse

Originally Posted by jetpackbirdy

Delonte West in Boston today.

For a court day? If he's meeting with the C's, then oh boy this season will be very interesting
laugh.gif

What is wrong with JR dude is too talented for this nonsense he's in.

Scottie getting a statue
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by jmause3

[h2]Scottie Pippen honored with statue[/h2]

ESPNChicago.com

CHICAGO -- The Chicago Bulls will unveil a statue of Hall of Famer Scottie Pippen that will be displayed in the United Center at some point during the season.

"Not only is Scottie Pippen one of the greatest players to ever wear a Bulls uniform, but he's among the best players in history of the league to play the game," Bulls Chairman Jerry Reinsdorf said in a statement. "He had a tremendous impact in bringing six world championships to Chicago and there is no better way to pay tribute to him than with a permanent statue that honors his inspirational career."

Pippen was elected to the Hall of Fame on Aug. 13. He won six NBA titles with the Bulls, was named one of the 50 greatest players and made seven All-Star teams.

"Words really can't express my feelings," Pippen told the Bulls' website. "It's an unbelievable honor and truly amazing. It's something you dream of as a kid growing up, but you can never foresee those childhood fantasies becoming reality. You see statues of individuals who have done great things and made their mark on history, but as a basketball player, you never really think about arriving at this point. It's an amazing honor for the Chicago Bulls to do this for me."

Omri and Julie Rotblatt-Amrany of Highland Park, Ill., will craft Pippen's statue. They also sculpted the famous Michael Jordan statue which was unveiled in January 1994 as part of Jordan's No. 23 jersey retirement.

Pippen returned to the Bulls in July as a team ambassador.

My man Pip
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
, probably shouldnt get a statue but congrats regardless
he deserves it IMO

If I were Pip I would rather have the money that the Bulls should've paid him instead.

[h1]Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

Carmelo Anthony(notes) wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.

1282859811.jpg

Carmelo Anthony has made it clear to the Nuggets he wants a change of scenery.
(NBAE/ Getty Images)

Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,

Anthony, Nuggets look ready to part ways

Carmelo Anthony wants out of Denver, and World Wide Wes delivered that message to the Nuggets with all the delicacy of a jackhammer at Sunday morning services. Do yourself a favor and trade him, the agent told the organization weeks ago.

Denver was furnished with a short list of teams and told to get to work. Yes, this how William Wesley and Leon Rose of CAA work now, thick with threats and ultimatums and a swagger suggesting that the sport belongs to them. After Anthony told owner-in-waiting Josh Kroenke that he still wanted out of Denver during a Sunday meeting, the Nuggets appear done trying to sell their All-Star forward on a contract extension.

This wasn’t a productive, nor particularly pleasant, meeting and multiple sources said it could turn out to be the point of no return for Anthony and the organization. Sources insist it’s no longer a matter of if the Nuggets trade Anthony, but when, where and for whom he’s traded for.

“It’s almost a given they’re going to move him,

WWW said bron and bosh was going to the bulls(look how it turned out)

went to NO and said CP3 wants to be traded(he is still there)

so now he is forcing melo out and gave them a list??

^
NO still has Paul for 2 years, Melo is gone after one, to me, that is a very big difference in footing in terms of teams strength. 

10 months from now the Denver Nuggets would be dead man walking, NO still has 22 months to get right for Paul.  Has to mean something. 

Hollinger actually said something smart for once too when he brought up Billups would have to get moved as well if Denver is rebuilding.  So somebody will come knocking on the door for a playoff tested vet PG for 2 years or so, ideas on who that could be?  (For some reason I have this feeling like Riley would start makin calls tryna come up with something.)

Originally Posted by CP1708

Hollinger actually said something smart for once too when he brought up Billups would have to get moved as well if Denver is rebuilding.  So somebody will come knocking on the door for a playoff tested vet PG for 2 years or so, ideas on who that could be?  (For some reason I have this feeling like Riley would start makin calls tryna come up with something.)

You think that option gets picked up?
That was the whole thinking behind the Kronkie comment at Melo's wedding

Back
Top Bottom