* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

All I know is, we can all agree that this year's Rockets team is better than last year's team, which finished over .500

Simple deduction concludes they'll be in the mix, at least.

So I guess we'll just have to see.

This is how I see the West ending up

1. Lakers
2. Mavs
3. Blazers
4. Thunder
5. Nuggets
6. Rockets (With Yao back)
7. Spurs
8. Jazz
9. Suns
10. Grizzlies
11. Clippers
12. Hornets
13. Kings
14. Warriors
15. Wolves

I guess I'll do the East too

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Magic
4. Bulls
5. Hawks
6. Knicks
7. Bucks
8. Wizards
9. Bobcats
10. Pacers
11. Pistons
12. Nets
13. Cavs
14. Sixers
15. Raptors

Melo is a good fit with the Clips

Boom Dizzle
Eric Gordon
Melo
Griffin
Kaman

thats pretty formidable

Originally Posted by Nash

Boom Dizzle
Eric Gordon
Melo
Griffin
Kaman

thats pretty formidable
And what would they offer the Nuggets to get Melo?

This is amazing Michael Heisley is a great owner
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
I have a feeling nobody in Memphis even likes him, the guy has turned his back to the entire city of Memphis
laugh.gif

I finally got done listening to this thing to its entirety, and this is god damn golden. Heisley is an idiot. I hate him. I hope he sells the team to Seattle or something, this guy makes me want to punch a baby.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Nash

Boom Dizzle
Eric Gordon
Melo
Griffin
Kaman

thats pretty formidable
And what would they offer the Nuggets to get Melo?
How the *!!% should I know?  I'm just showing what that starting 5 would look like.

^
laugh.gif
just trying to talk some bball my man
smile.gif
I feel like any big trade the Clips are gonna make, they will have to involve Kaman and others......

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^
laugh.gif
just trying to talk some bball my man
smile.gif
I feel like any big trade the Clips are gonna make, they will have to involve Kaman and others......

my bad, I kinda felt like you were coming at me.  And yeah, they;d probably have to sacrifice some good depth to nab Melo.

You gotta see results from Yao before putting them in the playoffs this year. I don't see them being a better team, I think they overachieved last season. I don't see the Suns dropping too far down losing Amare but gaining Hedo and Josh. The Jazz will be right there fighting for a spot and so will New Orleans, Memphis and the Clippers.

They get Martin for the whole year, instead of half the year, they get at the very least, one 7 footer to play C (Miller as opposed to Hayes/Scola/David Andersen), and somebody who can score off the bench in Lee. Lee alone is an upgrade for the bench. All this, and Yao is supposedly back.

This team is definitely better than last year's team. The West is stacked, as it usually is, but I think we're giving a team like the Suns too much credit.

We gonna really put faith in guys like Hedo who was trash last year, and Hakim Warrick? Josh Childress who hasn't played in the L for like 2 years? I mean, I guess.

pimp.gif
@ Woj's article.

Hedo can do well out in Phoenix though because of their style.  He'll love runnin around shootin 3's and playin no defense, so they are still going to make the playoffs imo.  Whoever said they would get a top 4 seed though might think about retiring from life. 

I'd LOVE to see Melo on the Clips.  I was begging all last year for Bron to go there with that core, Melo isn't a bad second option for them at the SF at all. 

Of all the teams in the West, I think Denver is the wild card.  They could easily be the #2 seed, and they could also easily be the team that implodes like a @#$%$%#@#$%^ and drops out the playoffs entirely.  Martin and Bird both banged up, Melo could get dealt, ****** might get traded, Billups another year older, this team could simply fall apart. 

Either way, I think a good solid team isn't making the playoffs out west.  NO, Hou, Den, even the Clips if they get a full year from everybody. 

Melo going there with that core wouldn't be the same as if Bron would have went there. You'd have to figure that any combination of EG/Blake/Kaman would be gone to get him in a trade. I see what you're saying, though.

The thing with playing for the Clips, is playing in Kobe's shadow. Kobe owns LA. Melo would be a good fit on with that squad, though.

^
Kobe won't be there forever. 

Pro, I meant even if Melo simply signed there next offseason and the Clips could keep all their talent. 

Ah, I see. But if he leaves on his own accord, I could see it. But hey, I could also see Indiana making some moves this season and try to lure him to come play there.

Originally Posted by DubA169

didn't believe the lebron to the clippers talk

don't believe the melo to clippers talk

Don't believe the bron to the Knicks talkDon't believe the melo to the Knicks talk

Word on the luxe real estate front is that the newest Boston Celtic - and possibly the newly engaged - Shaquille O’Neal, has found a humble little place to call home out in Sudbury. And by humble, we are, of course, joking.

We hear the Big Shamroq has rented a private hilltop four-dwelling compound on many acres that has all the comforts a star athlete requires - including a par-3 golf course!

Our spies say the spiffy sanctuary includes a 13-room manor home, a four-season party house, a five-room guest house and a three-room apartment. Perhaps Shaq is planning on feathering his local nest with reported fiancee Nicole “Hoopz

We gonna really put faith in guys like Hedo who was trash last year, and Hakim Warrick? Josh Childress who hasn't played in the L for like 2 years? I mean, I guess
and i can ask are you really going to put faith in a rockets team that overachived big time last year

don't worry i'm sure chris boussard will have melo going to the bulls any minute now.

and i don't understand the rockets move at all. denver has a bunch of expirings so why not just rebuild there? rockets do nothing for his legacy, endorsements, or wife's career

Back
Top Bottom