* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he sucks tho

Prolly better than Farmar
laugh.gif

ya right

"This news is not correct, because I made a statement that I want toend my basketball career in Europe. So this is a big misunderstandingof the Greek (journalist)," Dragic wrote in an e-mail to Paul Coro ofthe Arizona Republic.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by franchise3

Playoff team, for sure, though.

and who is droping out of the playoffs in the west that would make the rockets such a lock?

speaking of fantasy dirk are you going to sign up?

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Playoff team, for sure, though.

and who is droping out of the playoffs in the west that would make the rockets such a lock?

speaking of fantasy dirk are you going to sign up?

I see Phoenix dropping out. Denver is up in the air whether they deal Melo or not. Not to mention teams like San Antonio will be fighting making it a good chance for teams to be right there at the end and possibly knock them out. 

Meanwhile, if the Nuggets cannot convince Carmelo Anthony to sign an extension with the team and they decide to trade him at some point, could it be to the Los Angeles Clippers? I’m hearing it could be a possibility. It would get both he and his wife, La La, out to where entertainment opportunities are plentiful, which is key factor in their decision to want to move on. The Nuggets might be able to get a good young player or two or draft picks, and Anthony would be able to play on a team with some good up-and-coming talent.
i said this a few weeks back

they already have a home in LA and his wife is trying to get into hollywood.

What TF man.. why trade him and keep him in the same conference. Send him out of town, to the eastern conference, somewhere he would want to play, maybe NYK ?
happy.gif

What can Clippers offer ?
Clippers will likely wanna keep Griffin and E. Gordon...

Sooo... ?

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

Melo is going to NYK. I think that makes the most sense for him.

:shrugs

but does that make any sense for Denver. I know they must be drooling over Curry

Mike, I'm with bhz.

The Suns and the Nuggets, if they deal Melo, could be out.

And the Jazz aren't locks either, considering a lot of their pieces moved out East, lost Matthews, and a lot of people knock Jefferson on here, so we don't even know yet how he'll mesh with Millsap and company. A lot of new moving parts on that squad.

Mike, I'm with bhz.

The Suns and the Nuggets, if they deal Melo, could be out.

And the Jazz aren't locks either, considering a lot of their pieces moved out East, lost Matthews, and a lot of people knock Jefferson on here, so we don't even know yet how he'll mesh with Millsap and company. A lot of new moving parts on that squad.

Mike, I'm with bhz.
well duh, because both of you want your teams in the playoffs

i just dont see the rockes been a lock for the playoffs.

with deron williams and solan the jazz will be in. and nash alone will have the suns fighting for a spot.

[h1]Kroenke’s son tries to woo Anthony[/h1]
wojnarowski.png

Denver Nuggets executive Josh Kroenke met with Carmelo Anthony(notes) in Baltimore over the weekend and restarted the process of selling the disgruntled star on signing a contract extension, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

No resolutions were reached, sources said, but Kroenke, the owner’s son, has undoubtedly emerged as a far more powerful voice in the franchise. His burden is unmistakable now: As a 30-year-old on the cusp of taking over majority ownership of the Nuggets, he must sell the All-Star forward on staying the course with the Nuggets.

The Nuggets are close to hiring a new general manager – with former Phoenix Suns executive David Griffin the frontrunner – but Kroenke and adviser Bret Bearup will have the most significant say in basketball matters.

Anthony has hesitated to sign a three-year, $65 million extension and expressed intrigue with opting out of his contract next summer to become a free agent. Despite significant speculation the New York Knicks are the team that Anthony would most likely want to join, two sources close to him insisted the Knicks have been overstated as an object of his desire. Privately, Anthony has expressed more enthusiasm over joining the Houston Rockets than the Knicks, sources said.

Anthony still believes he can get the maximum possible money from re-signing with the Nuggets now, sources said, with his sights on engineering a trade to a preferred destination later. For him to opt out of his contract at the end of next season would be an immense risk. With league owners determined to shorten the years and lessen the money on max contracts in the next collective bargaining agreement, Anthony and his representatives know they could cost themselves tens of millions of guaranteed dollars.

The departure of vice president of basketball operations Mark Warkentien has elevated Kroenke to a more prominent role in the Nuggets organization – one that likely will eventually include majority ownership. Well before the Nuggets didn’t renew Warkentien’s contract this summer, sources said Kroenke made a springtime tour to meet several of the most prominent West Coast player agents. The agents were told they would soon be dealing more directly with Kroenke on Nuggets personnel matters.

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

Suns will be in the playoffs and will have home court in the 1st round. 
pimp.gif

Nash might be a candidate for MVP again.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom