* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Mister916

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

away jerseys are indeed purple unless thats a very very dark purplish blue.
Still looks like navy to me. Closer to Midnight navy.
http://www.utahjazzstore....hop-DPS-29362-29366.html

you might be right
laugh.gif
thats one hell of a navy then

I just think it's ridiculous that all these people come out with reports, and sources, and whatnot.

Because in the end, SOMEONE is going to look like a fool.

Originally Posted by High Class Scum Bag

img0499fm.jpg

they need to do something w/ the numbers....looks like a rec league t-shirt number style..

was gonna say the same thing

All I know is, the longer Melo takes to sign, the more credible these reports are that he's leaving. Especially if you take into account there's more then likely a lockout next year. $65M been on the table for like a month now.

Utah lost Boozer and Korver, but they can still be a good team next season.. AK47 and Okur was out, and they'll be back next season.

Deron-Matthews-AK-Jefferson-Okur

Raja Bell - Millsapp

not bad

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Utah lost Boozer and Korver, but they can still be a good team next season.. AK47 and Okur was out, and they'll be back next season.

Raja Bell - Millsapp

not bad

Matthews aint on the team son

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Raja Bell - Millsapp

not bad

Matthews aint on the team son
June 28, 2010: Jazz Makes Qualifying Offers to Fesenko, Matthews - DETAILS

Guess he didn't pick it up

line up of Deron-Raja-AK-Jefferson-Okur is still good

Bench is crap tho

Qualifying offers ain't nothing dude,
laugh.gif

Wes Matthews was a restricted free agent, and got PAID by the Portland Trailblazers.

The "QO" allows the teams to possibly retain free agents. If they don't extend a QO to a player, he becomes a UFA. If they do, they become RFA.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I just think it's ridiculous that all these people come out with reports, and sources, and whatnot.

I can't imagine any individual willing to go on record with that kind of information. But obviously it is news and you can choose to believe it or not based on your opinion of the writer or the media outlet or whatever. If Melo ends up changing his mind that does not mean that the information was wrong to begin with. It's obviously better to have a name to go with a quote but that's not always possible. Still, that doesn't mean that someone is inevitably going to look like a fool. That's just the way news works and if you want it differently then you are better off waiting for a story to become 100% official before you decide to start reading articles.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

I can't imagine any individual willing to go on record with that kind of information. But obviously it is news and you can choose to believe it or not based on your opinion of the writer or the media outlet or whatever. If Melo ends up changing his mind that does not mean that the information was wrong to begin with. It's obviously better to have a name to go with a quote but that's not always possible. Still, that doesn't mean that someone is inevitably going to look like a fool. That's just the way news works and if you want it differently then you are better off waiting for a story to become 100% official before you decide to start reading articles.
I'm just uncomfortable with all of this happening while he's under contract, people saying he says he wants to go play for New York. I have no problem if he really wants to, but ride out your contract and be noble about it.

That's the one thing I'm ehh about. If said player wants to go play somewhere else, tell your management, try to reconcile things, don't tell someone that's going to end up being an "unnamed source."

I guess it's the sign of the times though.

My biggest thing like I said though, is dude is still under contract. Same thing goes for Tony Parker.

img0499fm.jpg

they need to do something w/ the numbers....looks like a rec league t-shirt number style..
So what about their green alternates??? those were clean

no their "source" looks like a fool

ACBboyz84 wrote:
If CP go to Miami
sick.gif
. The Heat will win 5 championship in a row at a minimum

I ain't goin to Miami unless it's to see a Dolphins game, calm down. 

Anyhoo, JA I hear what you sayin about the "under contract" thing, but those days are done and gone.  From here to eternity now, everyone and their brother will be speculatin on where a player will end up the minute he signs his contract.  Sign a 4 year deal, all the media types and couch potato quarterbacks will start lookin at what teams will have cap space and valuable young assets 4 years from now.  I'm not sure if that started with Lebron, or way before that, but that's where we are these days. 

Melo himself doesn't have to say anything, or he could talk til he's blue in the face, people are all still gonna have an opinion of where he might end up, and then speculate/write on those opinions.  Look at it this way, 2 years ago, we were all positive Bron was playin in New York.  But that's not what happened.  So we can't really call any of that tampering (even when Bron was under contract) because in fact, that is not where he ended up. 

Can someone explain to me how Samardo Samuels got a 3 year deal for 2.3 million from the Cavs?

Is this a joke?

Most likely a partially guaranteed contract that probably calls for $700K 1st year if he makes it past January.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

img0499fm.jpg

So what about their green alternates??? those were clean
Seeing these jerseys make me sick to my stomach. They need to go back where they belong.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Can someone explain to me how Samardo Samuels got a 3 year deal for 2.3 million from the Cavs?

Is this a joke?
laugh.gif
. he is so bad.

But James, who announced on July 8 that he would leave the Cavaliers as a free agent to sign with the Heat, said of Gilbert's late-night letter: "I don't think he ever cared about LeBron.

"I love our fans. Cleveland fans are awesome," he told GQ. "But I mean, even my family gets spoiled at times watching me doing things that I do, on and off the court."

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm starting to like this guy, this dude is great in the unintentional comedy sector. 

Back
Top Bottom