* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

[h1]Isiah Withdraws Acceptance Of Knicks' Position[/h1]Aug 11, 2010 6:39 PM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
With the NBA league office possibly set to block the arrangement under which Isiah Thomas would formally consult with the Knicks, Thomas has decided to withdraw his acceptance of the position.

Thomas' role with the Knicks could have presented a conflict of interest since he currently holds the head coaching job at Florida International University.

The move was widely met with criticism from the New York media and fans who felt Thomas had done damage to the Knicks' roster and reputation during his tenure running the club.

Found this on RealGM
The reason Houston is doing this deal is because of some behind-the-scenes- "issues" with Ariza. There was a MAJOR incident recently between Ariza and another key player that really turned ugly. The coaching staff was very concerned about chemistry issues between the two players and so they began shopping Ariza for the last month and a half or so. Apparently, Ariza has a reputation for being a "loose cannon" to put it mildly (one of the reasons LAL didn't do more to retain him), and Houston wanted to dump him and get back the best value they could.

Hmmm

Ariza sounds like a stand up dude though.

Plus if that was the case, I'm sure Chad Ford who broke the story would have further input.

I think it's more, while Ariza is a great defender, there's just too many SF's the Rockets have. Throw in the Scola + Lowry signing, they wanted to cut some costs. Chase will bring the 3PT shooting moreso that they lose in Ariza, and while Lee isn't the defender Trevor is, he can defend some 2 and 3. And he brings another dimension that Ariza doesn't, which is a backup 2 that can handle the ball.

I'm sure the 6M trade exception they got furthered the cause as well for future wiggle room for other trades, along with the other assets they have.

Either way, unless they think Lee is the future at SF, with Battier in the last year of his deal, the Rockets need to go out and find somebody who can be their SF long term.

Interesting about Ariza, i thought shane fit better in that team anyway. However, hes getting old and he's going to lose his touch, soon.

and deron, this guy is so damn crafty with the ball
pimp.gif

Ariza as a loose cannon? Interesting. Never saw any of that in LA. Wating to hear the rest of this story before I pass judgement

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Ariza as a loose cannon? Interesting. Never saw any of that in LA. Wating to hear the rest of this story before I pass judgemen

Nothing too bad I guess.

one of the reasons LAL didn't do more to retain him
so why did laker players and coachs always speak high of him and was sad to see him go?

and he was such a losse cannon they went and signed ron artest over him??

YA OK

Matt Barnes was hit with a technical foul in a San Francisco-based Summer League when he slapped the opposing team's assistant coach during an altercation.
Video of the incident was posted online and then removed by CSN Bay Area, and then re-posted without the actual "slap" in it, which is curious since there was no point in hiding what everyone saw. It's doubtful that he will face any punishment from the NBA, but surely the Lakers won't be happy about this.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by rjayrolln

Originally Posted by Girl thats Jules

lol why did these teams do all this

they're still gonna suck
Logic like this wish me wonder why some people even like sports in general, let alone the NBA.

so now i shouldnt like the nba because i made this joke?
indifferent.gif

please explain to me how these trades are gonna improve these teams.

they aint gonna do jack now or in the future.

the titles are always gonna be won by an elite 3-4 teams

look at the last 30 plus years only eight teams have won the championship

and teams like chicago and san antonio only won because of once in a lifetime players like jordan and duncan.

they wont win again for a looooong time

no give up collison for bum $$+ ariza???? yuck. ariza is horrible on offense... dont let his contract year on a loaded team fool you

and i think houston just made up that story of ariza being a lose cannon. same thing they did with artest when he signed with the lakers

Wow so it was basically Thorn's time up contract wise and he dipped? I always figured he was gonna take a break.

Bad trade for the Nets getting King and giving up Thorn. Look at Thorn's stats!

Back
Top Bottom