* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

JapanAir21 wrote:
Originally Posted by JD617

LeBron didn't show you nothing when he dominated the entire Boston Celtics team single-handed?
Uhh... when did this happen?

He's had 3 dominant games against the Celtics in the '08 and '10 playoffs combined. (Game 7 in '08 when he took an L anyway, Games 1 and 3 in '10.)
My fault.
laugh.gif

I was thinking of specific games, not remembering they lost the series.
laugh.gif

How many games would you win if you had Drew Gooden, Sasha Pavlovic, Boobie Gibson, Eric Snow, Big Z all logging big minutes?

Kobe would demand a trade if he had to play with that.
laugh.gif

Oh I know, I defended Lebron throughout the summer of '09 when he played out of his mind against Orlando but his teammates crumbled around him.

Dude has had some STINKERS against Boston though.

2 for 18 with 10 turnovers
a Kobe special (6 for 24) with 7 turnovers
5 for 16
9 for 23 with 8 turnovers
7 for 18 with 7 turnovers
3 for 14
8 for 21 with 9 turnovers

sick.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by Remi23

T-Mac is an Idiot!
LOL. I don't like the Pistons signing myself, but T-Mac is going to be alright if he's healthy. Just a cheap one-year deal and if it doesn't work out, the Pistons can easily buy out his contract. If he does well, he can sign with a better team next season or a contender might do a trade.

I am wondering what Dumars is going to do with Rip, Gordon, and Prince though. 

I"m so $%$#*@* Heated rite now, I can't even type straight.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

You seriously can't even pick a worst team to play with......the $%$#*@* Pistons.

What the $*@+ do they have to offer you. Who on that team is a all-star? Ya'll got bum %$! kwame brown on ya squad.
laugh.gif

There's only two players on that team that are even remotely good. And that is Rodney Stuckey and Charlie Villanueva, and thats saying a lot.
eyes.gif
 Rip Hamilton bum %$! doesn't even dunk and Tayshaun....... don't even get me started.
Pistons>>>Knicks so stop it, seriously.
The Pistons gave the opportunity to T-Mac to even pick. No one else was interested. Time to change your sig as well. 
laugh.gif
Sad but true.
tired.gif
mad.gif
laugh.gif

I think its time to go back home were I belong. 
smokin.gif

T-mac fan until the day I die. 
pimp.gif

Oh and Steve Cash.... Piston ova the Knicks Really? Go sit in a corner and collect ya self. 
indifferent.gif

and then...

/yourself. 
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Back to back games
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Code:
1. CHI 232. MIL 233. CHA 224. CLE 225. LAC 226. NJN 227. PHI 228. POR 229. DET 2110. HOU 2111. IND 2112. MEM 2113. NY 2114. WAS 2115. DAL 2016. ORL 2017. BOS 1918. DEN 1919. MIA 1920. MIN 1921. TOR 1922. UTA 1923. GSW 1824. NO 1825. SAC 1826. SAS 1827. ATL 1728. OKC 1729. PHX 1630. LAL 15http://www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=542

indifferent.gif
 @ the Lakers having the least.

Originally Posted by acidicality

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Back to back games
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif

Code:
1. CHI 232. MIL 233. CHA 224. CLE 225. LAC 226. NJN 227. PHI 228. POR 229. DET 2110. HOU 2111. IND 2112. MEM 2113. NY 2114. WAS 2115. DAL 2016. ORL 2017. BOS 1918. DEN 1919. MIA 1920. MIN 1921. TOR 1922. UTA 1923. GSW 1824. NO 1825. SAC 1826. SAS 1827. ATL 1728. OKC 1729. PHX 1630. LAL 15http://www.basketballprospectus.com/unfiltered/?p=542

indifferent.gif
 @ the Lakers having the least.

I bet you were ok with how many we had last year though right?  I'm sure you commented on it then.   Orrrrrrr, I bet you didn't.  But since you see this list here in front of your face, it's easy to go ahead and comment on it. 
wink.gif

*Oden pic* ? 
nerd.gif

laugh.gif

I'm not gonna lie it's pretty depressing looking over the Cavs schedule knowing that there are THREE national tv games.... damn...

Originally Posted by ClevelandsPrince23

I'm not gonna lie it's pretty depressing looking over the Cavs schedule knowing that there are THREE national tv games.... damn...
Be happy with that. There's really only two games that should be televised. I'm sure you can figure out which ones I'm talking about.

Its not official if the Nets are changing their name... You have to submit paperwork / the request even if you're considering it.

NJ Nets to Brooklyn Nets needs approval as well.

Im hoping they stick with "Nets"...

Originally Posted by CP1708

Blah blah blah.  Give him all the praise on earth when he wins a game, but when he loses, it's NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER gonna be his fault. 

For 7 years now. 

I'm getting close to actually hoping he wins something so we can move on from this @#$%^ *&

dont hate man

he's been better than your favorite teams best player.

i dont think your favorite teams best player could have took that '07 cavs team to the finals.

or destroy the pistons like that.

Candidates selling Melo in pursuit of Knicks job

NEW YORK -- We're barely a month removed from the biggest free-agent feeding frenzy in NBA history, and already the next wave has begun.

The Knicks' controversial attempt to hire Isiah Thomas as a consultant hasn't dissuaded candidates from pitching themselves as the right man for a job that team president Donnie Walsh has left vacant since he was hired two years ago -- a day-to-day GM who eventually would succeed him. The latest twist, according to sources familiar with the situation, has potential candidates angling to present themselves to Walsh and Garden chairman James Dolan as the man who is capable of delivering Carmelo Anthony as a free agent next summer.

The overtures have fallen on deaf ears with Walsh for two reasons, sources say: 1) Walsh has yet to receive clearance to hire a general manager to handle the day-to-day basketball operations, and 2) The respected, 69-year-old executive has grown tired of the free-agent recruitment game and the dishonest pitches that invariably come with it.

Walsh's desire to decompress from the untoward free-agent hysteria, however, didn't stop Dolan from hiring Thomas -- who was ousted and replaced by Walsh and coach Mike D'Antoni in 2008 -- as a consultant whose primary duty will be to recruit free agents. Sources say the hiring may very well be struck down by the NBA, which has strict rules against team employees having contact with high school, college and international players not yet eligible for the NBA draft.

Thomas positioned himself to return to the Knicks by convincing Dolan that he played an important role in the team landing free-agent power forward Amar'e Stoudemire this summer. The Knicks struck out on LeBron James and Dwyane Wade and decided they needed someone with Thomas' clout to ensure it wouldn't happen again.

But Thomas isn't the only current or former NBA executive trying to tout himself as the man who can persuade Anthony, a free agent next summer, to join Stoudemire with the Knicks. Part of that strategy, sources say, includes efforts on the part of at least one candidate to pitch himself to Creative Artists Agency -- the firm that represents Anthony -- as an addition to the Knicks' front office who could bring Anthony with him.

Walsh has had it on the back burner for some time to hire a lead assistant with a big enough profile -- and substantial enough resume -- to replace him when he retires. Such a move would create a rare spasm of continuity for an organization that had known nothing but change and turmoil prior to Walsh's hiring two years ago. Strong indications within the organization this summer have pointed to former player Allan Houston being groomed as Walsh's successor. Houston impressed Dolan and other team officials with his performance in an expanded role during the free-agency period this summer.

Walsh is two years into a four-year contract, and the Knicks must decide by March 31, 2011 whether to guarantee the final year of the deal.

Anthony, an ideal fit for the Knicks, already has told confidants this summer that he's eager to explore playing in New York. His dilemma is whether to turn down a three-year, $65 million extension offer from the Nuggets with only 10 months left in the current collective bargaining agreement. The new deal is expected to be much less lucrative for players. Sources say owners who were rattled by this summer's free-agent frenzy -- orchestrated by CAA, which represented James, Wade and Chris Bosh -- are determined to clamp down not only on player salaries in the new agreement, but also player movement.

Anthony's desire to play in New York is so strong, sources say, that those close to the three-time All-Star have scoffed at the efforts of executives touting themselves as being able to deliver him.

"Carmelo already wants to play in New York," one person with knowledge of his plans told CBSSports.com. "He doesn't need anybody to bring him there. He's a gunslinger. That situation is perfect for him."

Anthony's teammate, Chauncey Billups, said after Team USA practice Tuesday that he still doesn't know whether Anthony will sign the extension or test the free-agent waters next summer.

"If I was a betting man? I don’t know," Billups said. "Of course, I'm biased because I'm playing on the team that he’s playing on. But I'm optimistic that he’s going to come back and play for the Nuggets. I know he loves the city. Shoot, he’s been there since he was 20 years old. So I'm optimistic, but I don’t know. I wish I did, but I don’t."
Source

What?! We got 3 national TV games?! Add the 3 NBATV games and I'm happy with that.

Too bad our first 12 games are hard as hell...
ohwell.gif

ATL
DAL (twice)
@LAL
PHO (twice)
BOS
@ORL
POR

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

What?! We got 3 national TV games?! Add the 3 NBATV games and I'm happy with that.

Too bad our first 12 games are hard as hell...
ohwell.gif

ATL
DAL (twice)
@LAL
PHO (twice)
BOS
@ORL
POR
Phoenix are winnable games for you guys. The rest will be tough but i think you guys can get the Suns

Allen loves bringing up the 08 Celts
no i don't..you just had brought up a terrible comparison with the god damn Trail Blazers. And then noblekane talks about how long the Celtics have been together compared to the Heat when the only time the C's have won was in their first year. so his point made zero sense.

The Celtics of 08 are the most blatantly obvious team to draw parallels with.

[h2]Celts waive Rasheed Wallace[/h2]
August 10, 2010  ·  6:54PM

Posted by Art Garcia

The Celtics won’t be trading or bringing back Rasheed Wallace this season. Instead, the veteran forward was waived Tuesday after spending one year in Boston, league sources told NBA.com.

Celtics president of basketball operations Danny Ainge said Tuesday that the Wallace situation would be resolved before the start of training camp. Wallace had two years left on his contract, but told Boston coach Doc Rivers he was leaning towards retirement after the Game 7 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers in the NBA Finals.

Wallace’s agent confirmed the retirement to the Boston Globe on Monday. Ainge said every possible trade avenue using Wallace’s contract was explored after it became clear he wasn’t returning. Wallace was owed $13 million for the final two years of the three-year deal. The Celtics likely bought out the remainder of the contract.

The Celtics didn’t wait around for the Wallace saga to play itself out. Needing frontcourt help with Kendrick Perkins out to start the season after major knee surgery, Ainge signed veteran centers Shaquille O’Neal and Jermaine O’Neal.
Wallace is technically free to sign with another team until retirement papers are filed. One team personnel executive said Wallace signing with another team was high unlikely

Ive had this feeling for awhile but i think down the road during the season, Sheed will sign with the Heat.

Originally Posted by shoeking2101

What's memphis schedule looking like? Any national tv time For Juice and company?

Nov 26th against GSW on ESPN 2
MLK Game against CHI ESPN
Last game of the season Apr 16th against LAC on ESPN

Back
Top Bottom