* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Timberwolves Sign Anthony Tolliver For Two Years, $4.8 Million

The Timberwolves have fortified their front line with the addition of athletic big man Anthony Tolliver on a two-year deal, Chris Tomasson of NBA FanHouse reports.

Tolliver, 25, has appeared in 65 games over his two NBA seasons, with career averages of 9.1 points and 5.6 rebounds. He’s cashing in on his decent season with the injury-ravaged Golden State Warriors, for whom he averaged 12.3 points and 7.3 boards.

Though he adds depth at center and power forward, the Wolves will need to work with him on his shot selection. For his career, he’s averaged thee three-point attempts per game despite converting at only a 30.6% clip.
startrek2khan.jpg

You guys really like watching old games that much?

Doesn't do it for me...except maybe a college game once in a while.

Brown is likely the last piece of the Lakers' offseason puzzle. Thoughthe negotiations took longer than expected, he and the team hadexpressed a desire to work a deal. Brown strongly considered the NewYork Knicks and New Orleans Hornets.
I'm beginning to wonder if anyone in the Hornets' front office is even alive, at this point.

Why is Sofoklis Schortsanitis afraid to play in the NBA?

SCuse7 wrote:
You guys really like watching old games that much?

Dunno how I got into it, just did.  I started by recording all the finals games, then I started to get some of the big scoring games, then nice matchups.

The way I see it is, I remember as a kid, not liking Jordan, but I did watch in awe.  And now it's gone.  All we have left of the man is watching old games.  Then I thought about what Magic games were like, and I have very few of those.  And Magic v Bird, I mean, come on. (no Hubie)  So when I started thinkin about Kobe, and some of the games he's had, and his matchups with TMac and Bron and Wade etc, it was just a given to then, I started recording stuff. 

As for DVD's, I just pick up a couple here and there that I can't find or didn't get when they happened.  For instance, I just emailed someone about the Kobe 65 vs Portland, and the Kobe dunk over D12 games.  $20?  I can live with that.  In a few months I'll probably order another game or two that I think of that were real nice.  In fact, Dec 25th will be recorded, along with the ring ceremony opening night. 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Timberwolves Sign Anthony Tolliver For Two Years, $4.8 Million

The Timberwolves have fortified their front line with the addition of athletic big man Anthony Tolliver on a two-year deal, Chris Tomasson of NBA FanHouse reports.

Tolliver, 25, has appeared in 65 games over his two NBA seasons, with career averages of 9.1 points and 5.6 rebounds. He’s cashing in on his decent season with the injury-ravaged Golden State Warriors, for whom he averaged 12.3 points and 7.3 boards.

Though he adds depth at center and power forward, the Wolves will need to work with him on his shot selection. For his career, he’s averaged thee three-point attempts per game despite converting at only a 30.6% clip.
startrek2khan.jpg

You did not just use Bill Simmons' material?
laugh.gif
Unless you are Bill Simmons?
nerd.gif
........I kid, I kid 

The only thing I know about this kid is that he got #@#% on by Amare Stoudemire via slam dunk, and he was in a lot of the highlights of Brandon Jennings scoring 55. However, we've had a hole since Ryan Hollins was traded to Cleveland (I'd argue we had a hole with Ryan Hollins) so Anthony Tolliver could be a good fit. We'll see.

What's Next For T-Mac?

The Chicago Bulls still haven’t flat-out told Tracy McGrady that they aren’t signing him.

Yet you can rest assured that McGrady knows what the Bulls’ forthcoming signing of Keith Bogans means.

One source close to the process told ESPN.com that McGrady indeed understands that the agreement Chicago struck Friday to sign Bogans essentially extinguishes any hope he had of running with the Bulls next season.

The unkind reality for McGrady is that the Bulls, if they add another swingman in their roster overhaul this summer, are still far more likely to trade for Rudy Fernandez than call T-Mac back.

It's been nearly two weeks since McGrady's audition at Chicago’s practice facility, when he appeared to create his own obstacles to landing a Bogans-esque deal by following up the workout with a flurry of comments that suggest he still sees himself on Carlos Boozer's level … when the Bulls were hoping to hear accept-any-role humility.

Then a bigger obstacle got in McGrady's way: Fernandez's increasing availability in Portland.

Fernandez wants a prominent role as much as McGrady does, judging by the 25-year-old’s well-chronicled pining for minutes in Portland. But sources with knowledge of the Bulls’ thinking have maintained for days that they would rather gamble on trying to fit in the Spaniard -- whose 3-point shooting fills what they see as a greater need -- than the two-time scoring champ.

Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau hinted at that thinking Friday in a radio interview with ESPN 1000's "Waddle & Silvy Show

When did Jennings score 55 points vs a D-League team? What highlights you see?
laugh.gif

I think Tolliver would have been a great fit for a contender.. even Miami.. dude plays HARD (pause)

Originally Posted by chr1scross

I think Tolliver would have been a great fit for a contender.. even Miami.. dude plays HARD (pause)
My thoughts exactly

Originally Posted by DubA169

the old rivalries make the new "rivalries" look like jokes
There are no rivalries anymore. Everyone is friends with each other. Guys rarely played each other until the pros (unless they were in the same college conference), and most didn't know each other. That's how rivalries are born. I agree with Simmons about the AAU circuit destroying rivalries.

In regards to call games, I am just downloading big scoring games. I re-watched Jennings 55 pt game last night at like 1 PM and watch jumping up and down. Just recently watched Jamal (Knicks) drop 50 on the Heat. 18 straight FGS mostly jumpers. Watching old games is a nice change of pace, but you have to be in the mood to be honest.

I am telling you, buy a FileFactory account and head over to mixmakers.net, and you will be GOOD for LIFE. Stop payin $ for those old games

Originally Posted by chr1scross

When did Jennings score 55 points vs a D-League team? What highlights you see?
laugh.gif

I don't even think TOlliver played in that game vs. Jennings and the Bucks. I watched the game last night and I don't recall him playing.

In other news:
[h2]Collins inks deal with Bobcats[/h2]
By J-W Staff and Wire Reports

Photo by Nick Krug
Sherron Collins is more than halfway to beginning a career in the NBA.
[h4]Collins, Aldrich sign NBA contracts[/h4]
Former Jayhawks Sherron Collins and Cole Aldrich became part of NBA rosters after signing contracts. Aldrich was drafted in the first round of the 2010 NBA Draft while Collins went undrafted.

The former Kansas University point guard, who was not selected in the league’s 2010 draft, on Friday signed a two-year non-guaranteed deal with the Charlotte Bobcats.

It guarantees the 5-foot-11 Collins a spot at preseason camp — and a fighting chance to make the NBA minimum $473,000 during the 2010-11 season.

“Sherron had a productive summer league (with Bobcats) and showed some of the qualities he displayed while at Kansas,

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

[h1]Walsh: No Plans For Isiah To Return To Knicks Full Time
[/h1]Aug 07, 2010 5:19 AM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
In a Friday telephone interview, Donnie Walsh said there were no plans for Isiah Thomas to resume a full-time position with the Knicks. Walsh said Thomas had initiated the discussions on returning to the team in some formal capacity.

"Isiah can help us in the areas that he’ll consult with us in," Walsh said.

"He’s a good basketball man," continued Walsh. "He will not be full time with us up at the training center. I think he wanted to be involved with us, and I think it came from Isiah to begin with."

A source with knowledge of the Knicks’ strategy who was not authorized to speak said that some in the organization believe that Thomas might be able to relate to the present generation of franchise players in a way that Walsh and Mike D’Antoni cannot.

Thomas is expected to be actively involved in recruiting Carmelo Anthony to join the Knicks if he becomes a free agent next summer.

Insiders with the Knicks also told the New York Times that Thomas is not in the running to re-take control over the team's basketball operations.

"Speculative nonsense, organizational insiders are saying," writes Harvey Araton about the chatter that Thomas could eventually replace Walsh as the team's chief decision-maker.
[h1]Isiah May Have To Leave Florida International[/h1]
Aug 07, 2010 4:53 PM EST

Thomas_Isiah_nyk.jpg
Isiah Thomas will continue to serve as the head coach at Florida International for now.

The Knicks hired Thomas as a consultant on Friday.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank said the league is "reviewing the agreement, in consultation with the Knicks, for compliance with league rules."

Downloaded and watched the OKC vs Utah thriller late last night.

Last 5 minutes of regulation and OT were great.

Back
Top Bottom