* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

T-Mac needs to put his ego away and just go to Boston for that vet min.

He should come off that bench and be a spark like Shrek and Donkey.

images
roll.gif
roll.gif

Seriously though. If he's actually healthy, dude could really help a contender out.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

What's Next For T-Mac?

Which is also known as Allen Iverson territory.
http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/18798/what-next-for-t-mac
frown.gif
Come to the Kings if contenders don't want you.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
even though I know he won't come/won't fit in/would be terrible it would still be
pimp.gif
if he did come to the Kings
laugh.gif

Why do you guys want him on your team? I'm sure there is a reason why teams don't want to sign him.

McGrady aint gon finish the season in DET...................

Dumars needs to be fired after signing Gordon/CV in 2009!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! %*#%$*%%%@%+# couldnt wait a year

Dallas Mavericks officials confirmed a report Friday in the French newspaper L'Equipe that guard Rodrigue Beaubois was injured during a training session with the French national team.

Beaubois broke the fifth metatarsal bone in his left foot. Mavs officials are hoping it's a hairline fracture. The worst-case scenario is that the injury could require surgery, which would sideline Beaubois for approximately three months, putting him in jeopardy of missing the beginning of the NBA season.

[h4]More on the Mavs[/h4]
dal.gif

News, notes and analysis of the Mavericks from ESPNDallas.com's Jeff Caplan, Tim MacMahon and the rest of our team. Blog

The team is flying the 22-year-old back to Dallas immediately so the Mavericks staff can evaluate the severity of the injury and treat it, according to team president Donnie Nelson.

"As long as he is ready at the beginning of the season, it will be fine," Mavericks owner Mark Cuban replied in an e-mail. "Might give [Mavericks first-round pick Dominique Jones] a chance to shine."

Beaubois, the 25th overall pick in the 2009 draft, averaged 7.1 points in a limited role as a rookie last season. Mavericks fans fell in love with his athleticism and scoring ability, lobbying for him to get more playing time.

Coach Rick Carlisle has vowed that Beaubois, who averaged 12.5 minutes in 56 games, would have a significantly increased role next season. The Mavericks are considering starting Beaubois at shooting guard.

The Mavericks hoped that Beaubois would also be able to handle backing up Jason Kidd at point guard. His development at that position was the focus of his offseason, but he played inconsistently for the Mavericks' summer league team, averaging 14.0 points, 3.0 assists and 4.2 turnovers per game.

Cuban has often voiced his disapproval over the years with NBA players' participation in international basketball. However, Cuban believed Beaubois could benefit from playing for the French team and gave his blessing. The French team planned for Beaubois to be its starting point guard with Tony Parker opting to rest this summer.

"I wouldn't consider it a setback," Nelson said in a text message. "It was a basketball development opportunity for Roddy. Unfortunately, it wasn't meant to be. I think he showed us what he was capable of last year."

Mcgrady isnt signed yet, he worked out for the Pistons and talks are serious between Tmac and the Pistons. He will most likely get signed IMO. I only like this move, actually LOVE this move if Rip or Prince get moved the day he signs. Otherwise its a worthless move since we have Rip, Gordon, Stuckey all that can play the 2 and Prince for the 3

Originally Posted by FullMetal

What's Next For T-Mac?

frown.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
even though I know he won't come/won't fit in/would be terrible it would still be
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
Why do you guys want him on your team? I'm sure there is a reason why teams don't want to sign him.

I just think it'd be hilarious. I know he wouldn't add a damn thing to my team
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FullMetal

What's Next For T-Mac?

frown.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif
I just think it'd be hilarious. I know he wouldn't add a damn thing to my team
laugh.gif

Well I'm a T-Mac fan so it would be great to see him be on my favorite team. And he still got fans out there that can get some more people to come out to Arco and buy jerseys even though Reke DMC is 
pimp.gif
already. 

Word to the Warriors signing JLin for good reasons. I kid tho.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by the PGA tour

The celtic need to sign tmac to fill out their roster of aging/fading stars.

Don't they want a backup for Pierce anyway?

Perfect

detroit???? i'm still drunk from last night i was so confused when i read that

oh and donnie walsh almost resigned because of isiah. good life being a knicks fan

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Shaquille O'Neal says that Celtics forward Rasheed Wallace is thinkingabout playing next season despite the expectation that he'll retire.
pimp.gif

Here's hoping.

pimp.gif

Keep making the front court deeper

Knick president Walsh seething over secret Isiah-Dolan deal
Knicks president Donnie Walsh is livid that Isiah Thomas is back in the organization and feels his standing with the franchise could be compromised by owner James Dolan's decision to rehire Thomas, The Post has learned.

According to a Knicks source, Walsh told Thomas in a face-to-face meeting two weeks ago he did not want him working for the organization. Dolan and Thomas had agreed that Thomas could fill the team's general manager vacancy if Walsh was OK with it.

When Walsh told Thomas he objected, Thomas went back to Dolan, who still has a love affair with the Hall of Famer and seemingly is on a mission to rehab Thomas' image.

Without Walsh's knowledge, Dolan and Thomas hatched a scheme in which Thomas could become a part-time consultant while remaining the coach at Florida International. (The NBA is reviewing whether the arrangement violates NBA rules on scouting procedures.)

Walsh, who had thought the Isiah issue was dead, was not debriefed until after the hiring was agreed upon, and he reluctantly put his name on a joint statement with Dolan. It was only recently that Walsh found out Thomas had been in Dolan's ear for months, offering free advice.

Some of Dolan's top advisors, including Garden president Hank Ratner, tried to talk Dolan out of naming Thomas as a consultant because of the public-relations backlash.

"Donnie doesn't want him there, nobody wants him there but Dolan," the team source said. "Isiah seems to have Jim wrapped around his finger."

Walsh was supposed to have full control of basketball operations when he was hired in 2008, but this incident shows that is not entirely true. Walsh also has tried to hire former Pacers Mel Daniels and Chris Mullin for front-office roles, but has been denied.

The Post reported 2½ weeks ago that Dolan met with Thomas at the Garden's offices at 2 Penn Plaza for hours. Walsh, at the time, said he was unaware of the meeting. In a Post interview Friday, Walsh admitted he was not involved in negotiations about Thomas' new consulting position.

Friday's announcement, predictably, has Knicks fans seething, putting a damper on what had been a decent summer, considering LeBron James' snub. The Knicks added five-time All-Star Amar'e Stoudemire, Raymond Felton and Anthony Randolph with a chance of tacking on Carmelo Anthony in 2011.

Walsh is in Indiana with his 12 grandchildren and did not return phone calls yesterday.

Walsh said Friday he is not hiring a GM, but Thomas' ultimate goal is to grab that position on the way to taking charge of basketball operations once again. Walsh has one guaranteed year left on his contract, but by making this move Dolan has usurped Walsh's authority.

If the NBA voids the Thomas contract, Dolan would have no choice but abide by Walsh's wishes or fire Walsh, who has had health issues this summer, injuring his hip and undergoing neck surgery that put him in a wheelchair.

Last month, The Post's Peter Vecsey reported Walsh possibly would retire this summer. Walsh repeatedly has denied he has any intention of retiring. Thomas has four years left on his FIU contract, but he is not expected to stay that long. Thomas perhaps realizes the Miami school will be even more overshadowed in the coming years with the advent of the Heat's Dream Team. Thomas was already lobbying for a GM job in comments made Friday to ESPN.com.

As The Post reported yesterday, Thomas boasted to a confidant two summers ago he would one day run the Knicks again and just needed time to repair his image.

During the press conference to introduce Stoudemire, Walsh thanked Thomas for his help in the recruiting process. But some in the organization believe Thomas had absolutely no influence on Stoudemire's decision. The Knicks' spin is Thomas can help them in the 2011 and 2012 free agency to recruit Anthony and Chris Paul, the star Hornets point guard who considers Thomas one of his idols.

By MARC BERMAN

man.....a laker celtic finals this year would be PERFECT. celtics look even deeper. so do the lakers. shaq vs kobe. kg vs gasol. tie breaker for this current group of players AND if the lakers win they will have tied the celtics for most titles. if the celtics win yet another title ahead of the lakers.

Back
Top Bottom