* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

who's better than him? Rondo?

Nobody is saying Bosh is a superstar. It's that nobody on the C's is a superstar.

Not that I really care to directly compare player to player from Miami and Boston, just because a player hasn't been to the second round doesn't mean much. Especially being that Chris is still pretty young.

Plus Boston collectively has been a great team, if you put any one of those players on a team to be the man with not much help.. that team would struggle to make the second round as well.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Bosh ain't the damn best player on the Celts, no way no how.  Dude don't even know what it's like to play in the second round and all of a sudden he's better then guys that have already done it all? 
grin.gif
  And people wonder why Bosh was all of a sudden being proclaimed a superstar a few weeks ago. 
what the hell does this even mean?

Bosh would be our best player...

08 everyone was fresh....our additions this summer will help keep guys legs, but it doesn't change the fact that Miami has 3 of the best 15 players in the league.

Pierce doesn't fall in that 1-15 category anymore so im having a hard time understanding all the faith your having in the Celtics CP?

No, 1-12 DOES NOT matter.

Did Scalabrine make it do or die last year?

What the hell did Powell or Morrison do?

IMO, your top three players are your most important players.

And Miami has the best one-two punch in the league, and they also have BY FAR the best one-two-three punch. Bosh is legitimately one of the most TALENTED fours in the League, you have the second best SG, and the best SF.

Tyson Chandler said to have found his explosiveness again.
pimp.gif

[h1]League, players' union will meet Thursday[/h1]

By Art Garcia, NBA.com
Posted Aug 9 2010 4:45PM - Updated Aug 9 2010 5:04PM

The NBA and the NBA Players Association are scheduled to meet Thursday in New York in the first significant collective bargaining meetings since February, sources confirmed to NBA.com Monday.

advertisement_160.gif

The last meeting between the two sides in Dallas during the All-Star break turned contentious, as the union took exception to the first contract offer by the league. The union sent the league its own contract proposal in July.

The current CBA expires after the 2010-11 season. The major point of contention between the sides involves the league's financial status. The league projected losses last summer in the neighborhood of $400 million for the just-completed season. Stern said last month that number was closer to $370 million.

The union continues to dispute those loss figures. The NBA did report a substantial increase in revenue for last season, which led to a higher salary cap for this season. The league had initially expected a drop in overall revenues and the cap.

"I would say that our revenues are robust, and it's taking more expense and effort to produce them than it has historically," NBA commissioner David Stern said Monday. "So we are looking for ... we are not pleading poverty. We are pleading the need ... we are stating the need for an approved revenue versus expense model that would be demonstrably sustainable and continued to allow our sport to grow."

Stern acknowledged Monday that the meeting would take place this week, as the league and union work to avoid a lockout after this season. The league's only work stoppage occurred in 1998-99, reducing the season to 50 games.

"We've got a long way to go, but we have a lot of time to get there," Stern said last month in Las Vegas. "That's the optimism that we're going to maintain until we don't. But I think that's a worthy goal, to maintain the optimism in support of seeking a deal."

The players are equally committed.

"We don't want a lockout," NBPA president Derek Fisher said in February. "We don't want our fans to not experience our game. We want to play basketball. That's what we love to do and that's what a lot of us have been blessed to do. There's no desire on our part to not play basketball in 2011-2012.

"At the same time, we understand that collective bargaining is a part of our sport and our business."

The league and union have held several informal meetings at the staff level over the last few months to address financial issues and other matters. Thursday's meeting is the first formal bargaining session since the All-Star break and is expected to include Stern, union president Billy Hunter, other league and union front-office executives, and the league's labor committee.

Further meetings haven't been scheduled, but that could change depending on how Thursday's meeting unfolds.

Stern was also asked Monday the likelihood of a lockout.

"You're asking someone that question who is committed to do anything possible to avoid it," he said. "So I'm not going to put odds on it, because that would mean that we failed, and I don't want to anticipate failure."

Nobody on the Celtics roster is currently as good as Bosh, and I'm a Celtics fan.

i just saw on the ticker on nbatv that rasheed is not returning

either way this is good for the C's because if he returns we got him.

and if he dont we got 6 million to spend on somebody

Originally Posted by SCuse7

but it doesn't change the fact that Miami has 3 of the best 15 players in the league.

and only one basketball.

when it comes down to it its a team sport. how long ahve the celtic core been playing with each other?

and the heat?

the heat are the next chosen ones to dethrown the lakers. thats all it comes down to. heat fans and laker haters unite for one cause
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

but it doesn't change the fact that Miami has 3 of the best 15 players in the league.

and only one basketball.

when it comes down to it its a team sport. how long ahve the celtic core been playing with each other?

and the heat?

the heat are the next chosen ones to dethrown the lakers. thats all it comes down to. heat fans and laker haters unite for one cause
laugh.gif
It's 2005 all over again.
laugh.gif

There was only one basketball in the days of Magic, Kareem, and Worthy.

Or the legendary Celtic's teams of the past.

LeBron and Wade are both excellent ball-handlers, and I'm not going to compare them to Magic, but why criticize something we haven't even seen something on-court yet?

This Celtics core won their only title in their first year together. so, what's that matter?

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

A team can finish second in the conference standing without winning their division.

Just as long as the three division winners are in the top four in the conference standings.

OOOOOH well in that case I'd be happy if magic end up being the 2nd seed lol. thanx for dumbing it down
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

This Celtics core won their only title in their first year together. so, what's that matter?

Celtics didnt let their egos get in the way, something that i'm positive will happen with the heat

i cant see egos being a problem. if it was, then lebron wouldn't have been wearing a heat jersey in the first place.

i'm just hoping for an injury.

Why hope for an injury? why not hope your team gets the job done on the court and beat their @#@#@#, wishing for injury is some punk *#@.

We won our title in the first year...

How having Lebron and Wade on one team doesn't clearly make them the best team in the league @%%

We won our title in the first year...

How having Lebron and Wade on one team doesn't clearly make them the best team in the league @%%
How about having LeBron, Wade, Bosh, Miller, Z, House, Chalmers, etc?
laugh.gif

LeBron took a VERY inferior team to 66 wins...... And got to the Finals....

I'm just saying.

Back
Top Bottom