* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

JK: Did you laugh when the knicks called?

DWade: Im not touching that
laugh.gif

David Kahn fined $50K for remarks about Michael Beasley smoking weed
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
Reason no. 1.
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]Without rules to prevent intentional fouling, stalling, and roughhouse play, league scoring dropped to an appalling 79.5 points per game. Every game played out like a Heat-Knicks playoff slugfest in the mid-nineties, only with clumsy white players planting themselves near the basket, catching lob passes, getting clubbed in the back and shooting free throws over and over again. If you were protecting a lead, your point guard dribbled around and waited to get fouled. If you were intentionally fouling someone, you popped him to send a statement. Players fought like hockey thugs, fans frequently threw things on the court and nobody could figure out how to stop what was happening. You can’t really overstate the fan-unfriendliness (I just created that word) of the stalling/fouling tactics. There was the time Fort Wayne famously beat the Lakers, 19–18. There was the five-OT playoff game between Rochester and Indy in which the winner of each overtime tap held the ball for the rest of the period to attempt a winning shot, leading to a bizarre situation in which Rochester’s home fans booed and booed and ultimately started leaving in droves even with the game still going. The ’53 Playoffs averaged an unbelievable [/font][/font][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]eighty [/font][/font]
[/font]
[/font][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]free throws per game. The anti-electrifying ’54 Finals featured scores of 79–68, 62–60, 81–67, 80–69, 84–73, 65–63 and 87–80. You get the idea. [/font][/font]
[/font]
[/font]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Hilarious
[font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][/font][/font]

Page 65   
pimp.gif

What they don’t care about – and maybe don’t understand – is that Paul built such a beautiful, unique relationship with the city of New Orleans. He’s been so truly invested there, a beacon and ambassador in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. Yet, the James gang see these bonds as disposable and they’re convincing Paul of it, too.

He makes it sound like that crew is holding a gun to CP3's head. Maybe Chris should take a step back and look at that himself.

He's a grown man, you have an issue with what he's doing..take it up with him. And if he can't think/act for himself, that's even worse.

Aye, how you do a spoiler?  I got an article that'll take all day for people to read, but RyGuy would be so proud to see it. 

Just heard more news from my roommates dad (nba ref) that a lockout is more than 50% at happening after next season. Not sure if its been talked about a lot in here lately.

IMO, the NBA owners are stupid. The NBA spent the last lockout degrading their product(the players)publicly and just when the NBA is reaching an all-time high (record TV ratings,record attendance) they will lockout the players again and run theirproduct into the mud.

There does not need to be a fundamental change in the CBA. Adjust thetotal cap on player % of revenue downward. Institute feasible revenuesharing. Reduce contract length to 3/4 years instead of 5/6. Tiecontract raises to the Salary Cap instead of some random %.

An example, Rudy Gay's contract would be a manageable $13million/4 year contract. Year 1 he makes $13 million. Year 2, if theSalary Cap goes up 3%, he gets a raise. If it goes down 3%, he makesless year 2. Both sides share the risk/reward.

Also decrease MAX contracts:

Years 1-7 20%
Years 8-10 25%
Years 11+ 30%

Alsoeliminate the one and done rule. Give HSers 1 guaranteed year with theteam getting 5 option years. Frosh get 2 guaranteed years with the teamgetting 4 option years. Sophs get 2 guaranteed years and team gets 3option years(current system), and upperclassman get 3 guaranteed yearswith team getting one option year.

I came up with that on the Grizz boards a while ago. But, I'm pretty sure of the lockout now because my friend's dad is talking about taking his buyout after next season to ref in college and get his pension which is a nice offer. I'm guessing he doesn't want to wait to see things play out, but Sean Corbin already took the buyout payment. So, if you don't see him next season that'll be why.

[h1]Sources: Paul prefers Magic to Knicks[/h1]
The Orlando Magic have replaced the New York Knicks as the top team on Chris Paul's list of preferred destinations, according to league sources.

Paul believes the Magic, with Dwight Howard, would be a better fit for him. Also, Paul realizes the Magic have more to offer New Orleans in a trade and therefore views it as a more realistic landing spot.

New York, Portland and Dallas are still all on Paul's short list.

Chris Broussard is a senior NBA writer for ESPN The Magazine.

From everything I've read, I'm positive there will be a lockout next summer.

New CBA will probably be like the NFL with the hard cap and even franchise tagging. Not something I want to see, but it will make the league more competitive.

[h1]Lorenzen Wright: Former Tigers & Grizzlies Player Missing[/h1]
George Brown
6:15 PM CDT, July 23, 2010
55138566-23160201.jpg

(Memphis 7/23/2010) Lorenzen Wright, a former Memphis Tiger and Memphis Grizzlies player, is missing.

The family of Lorenzen Wright says he's been missing since Sunday.

Wright's sister, Savia Archie, says her family is very concerned.

Archie said, Wright was last seen on sunday when he was expected to fly out of Memphis, but no one has heard from him since.

The family has filed a missing persons with the Collierville police department.

Wright, who will turn 35 in November, became a fan favorite back in high school when he played at Booker T. Washington, then the University of Memphis and later the Grizzlies.

Wright most recently played for the Cleveland Cavaliers.

Originally Posted by h3at23

The Orlando Magic have replaced the New York Knicks as the top team on Chris Paul's list of preferred destinations, according to league sources.

Paul believes the Magic, with Dwight Howard, would be a better fit for him. Also, Paul realizes the Magic have more to offer New Orleans in a trade and therefore views it as a more realistic landing spot.

Git 'r done OTIS !!!!!!!!! If paul wants O-town then we should happily oblige
pimp.gif
Paul in a hardwood classics magic jersey would be piff
smokin.gif

damn tmac is still listing the lakers as one of the teams hes interested in... does he not have a tv?

Originally Posted by NobleKane

damn tmac is still listing the lakers as one of the teams hes interested in... does he not have a tv?
along with No TV he has no knee cartilage, no backbone, no second round playoff wins...NO TMAC...wrap it up my dude

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

along with No TV he has no knee cartilage, no backbone, no second round playoff wins...NO TMAC...wrap it up my dude heart.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Originally Posted by h3at23

Git 'r done OTIS !!!!!!!!! If paul wants O-town then we should happily oblige
pimp.gif
Paul in a hardwood classics magic jersey would be piff
smokin.gif

MAGIC CW PEs
pimp.gif
bring back some Nick Anderson Xs & Penny IXs
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

along with No TV he has no knee cartilage, no backbone, no second round playoff wins...NO TMAC...wrap it up my dude
ouch 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom