* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

After LA, the West is a free for all.

Denver, Portland, Dallas, SA, OKC, HOU really don't distinguish themselves from each other. Utah and PHX though lost their PF's are still playoff teams.

Noble, being that tall is a gift and a curse, but this time around, we've seen how Big Z has maintained being healthy after getting his foot reconstruction surgery. That's the same game plan for Yao. 20-25MPG to see how the foot holds up. Jury is still out on Yao, but I feel better about him having this surgery, and the whole year last season off from any basketball related activity than I have about him in the past. We'll see what happens.

All right, so anything else going on in the NBA except Brad Miller signing with the Rockets?

Originally Posted by franchise3

I never said the Rockets are contenders. But at the same time, the Rockets aren't trash.

Let's be real. No Yao + no TMac last year, and we all thought, myself included, thought the Rockets were gonna be trash. They were 42-40.

Yao back (hopefully) and a full season of Kevin Martin, who's proven to be a legit scorer (instead of Brooks doing it by himself last year) and the Rockets should make the playoffs. And because Yao is oft injured, it makes it even more important for the Rockets to play as a team/have depth so it can be a collective effort, if he does go down again.

The point here the past couple of pages is Brad Miller. The Rockets don't have a backup C. Hayes did the best he could filling in, and so did Scola, but they're still PF's. Miller gives the Rockets a legit backup C who can step in to start if need be. Did they overpay? Maybe, but the 3rd year is only partially guaranteed, and it's not like nobody wanted Miller. There were a handful of teams interested in him.

laugh.gif
Nas

Ive never said they were trash.  The "contenders in the west" is the statement that is simply ridiculous.  (I know you didnt say it)

Guy stays reaching for the lulz and not making any substantial points
So a substantial point wouldnt be the fact that the only player who is even good enough to take them to the playoffs is coming off of a career threatening injury and missed all of last season?

Brooks could have been an All-Star last year and Kevin Martin was the number 1 guy in Sacramento.

Scola and Ariza are some of the best role players in the league.

The fact that you call the roster sub par says a lot about your opinion on this matter.

Pistons did it in the past decade with a bunch of players that probably couldn't lead a team to the playoffs by themselves too. But as mentioned, having a legit franchise player with Yao is prob needed for playoffs success.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Brooks could have been an All-Star last year and Kevin Martin was the number 1 guy in Sacramento.

Scola and Ariza are some of the best role players in the league.

The fact that you call the roster sub par says a lot about your opinion on this matter.

Youre right, that doesnt sound sub-par at all. 

Your starters are a borderline all star, a gunner on an awful team and 2 role players.

Yeah, thats sub-par. 
laugh.gif

So a top 5 point guard in the West last year is sub par

Kobe wouldn't have taken that Sacramento team very far either

Not saying this team is for sure getting a ring but it seems like you have an alternate definition of sub par.

They could easily be a one and done team or Yao could bow out with an injury again but like I said, the other West powers outside of LA don't really impress me much more than what Houston could be.

In no particular order, Deron, CP3, Kidd?, Parker, Reke, Billups, Westbrook.

Reke and Kidd may be a reach, but i put them there anyway. top 5 point guard? i'm not so sure about that, especially when he isnt exactly a pure point, and undersized...

Originally Posted by BangDak

In no particular order, Deron, CP3, Kidd?, Parker, Reke, Billups, Westbrook.

Reke and Kidd may be a reach, but i put them there anyway. top 5 point guard? i'm not so sure about that, especially when he isnt exactly a pure point, and undersized...
Last year Brooks was arguably a top 5, but if you want to call it a top 8 then whatever I won't be mad. Point [no pun] is I don't see how one can call him sub par.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Houston did overpay for Lowry, Scola, and Miller but if I'm a Houston fan, I'm thrilled. Rockets have one of the most talented and complete teams in the league.

If Yao can ever stay on the floor, and Lowry/Scola stay hungry that's a title team.

Not to mention Houston got a steal of a contract with Trevor. So it kind of evens out the Lowry/Scola signings.
I don't get where people are coming from with this overpaying for Brad Miller stuff...

Bigs are the largest salaries guys out of any of the other positions.

Steal of a contract for Ariza at I believe MLE, same thing they're throwing at Brad Miller, ain't it?

The guy is making 7 million less than he did last year.

5 million for Brad Miller is money well spent. He's one of the more skilled big men in the L, very polished, very talented.

He's a punk, but still talented.

Scola and Lowry, I am fine with people saying they overpaid them, but they put it out on the court, they get paid.

No doubt Brooks was top 5 point guard in the west. There is also no doubt the rockets have a very nice complete team. I can tell alot of people will sleep on them this year.

Damn when I think about it, their team is very legit yo. Depending on how Yao plays this year, they might just be top 4 in the west next year. I expect the lakers, mavs, and thunder to be top 3.

What's their 5?
Yao
scola
ariza
Martin
Brooks

plus battier, miller, Hayes, landry, hill, etc on the bench

doesn't sound bad at all. And the great thing about their lineup is that they are all unselfish players who are playing in coach adelman's system. So the team will flourish.

Not bad

Back
Top Bottom