* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I just listened to it again, Simmons said that there is some arguing going on about the 6 mil, but he said it will be coming out soon, and he asked his friend, where's the other 3.5 mil? 

So we may have to wait a bit for the total numbers/story to come out, but Bill is there at ESPN, he has more contacts then I do, he said 6.  *shrugs*  Guess we'll see.

Edit:
Nas hooked this up.
http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports-blog/index.ssf/2010/07/lebron_james_decision_generate.html

6 mil generated, 2.5 of it was donated, I was under the impression that all proceeds were being donated.  Maybe some of the numbers are wrong, I dunno.  Not a big deal, just thought it was interesting.  It is a Clev site, so who knows anymore if that's legit or not, so I'm not accusing anything here Heat, just askin some questions. 
smokin.gif

I

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

you sure that number is right? i thought it made 2.5 and all of it went to charity

nope it actually made a lot more, it was either 6 mill or 8 mill and only 2.5 went to charity

Doesn't the network (ESPN) receive the sponsorship funds anyway then turn around & donated it to the B&G club?

edit- 2.5 went to B&G. There rest was given to other charity organizations

Luis + Hayes can backup Yao, but to have any sort of shot you gotta combat LA's size out West. Luis + Hayes can't bang bodies with Pau + Bynum. Miller probably can't either, but his size gives himself a better shot at making those shots harder than what they'd do over Scola + Hayes which is just shoot over them

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by h3at23

Damn, this was like the only thread were I could go to were the anti-Heat/anti-Heat players wasn't around . Now it's in here too?

Like I told CP, I should be enjoying this but I'm not because the poison/hate is just too much. I love this forum but I think I'm might be done
Sounding like LeBron not wanting to be the "guy" and not being able to take the pressure.

You suppose to thrive off the hate and love the haters.
You sound so lame. 
smh.gif
It's a shame you're so emotional to let haters get to you and affect your day to day instead of loving the fact that ppl take the time out their day to do it.
It's just sports and fandom.  Its not that serious. 
roll.gif

Telling someone youre supposed to thrive off of people who dont like your favorite team....  Unreal.
As opposed to letting them actually affect whether you post on a forum or not? That's lame. Thriving off it > letting them rum you outta here.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Doesn't the network (ESPN) receive the sponsorship funds anyway then turn around & donated it to the B&G club?

edit- 2.5 went to B&G. There rest was given to other charity organizations

Which charity? The Maverick Carter foundation?
laugh.gif

Hello, I'm right here. I wasn't really going nowhere. I had a bad day (1 of those murphy's law days) yesterday that had to do with real life. The hate in the forum was just cherry on top of a bad day.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

He'll be starting by Thanksgiving.

laugh.gif
word he prolly was thinking this is his best opportunity to start while signing

why people say brad miller is getting too much

if darko can get 5 any decent big like a joel anthony or brad miller will get 5

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

@STEIN_LINE_HQ ESPN.com sources: Rockets reach terms with C Brad Miller on three-year deal worth nearly $15 million. Link on the way

Interesting. 

Decent insurance for Yao, maybe give him a little more rest, did he play in Sac with Martin at all? 

Yao fully healed by now? 

yao is done son. he will never be the same. imo thats a good pick up.

Houston did overpay for Lowry, Scola, and Miller but if I'm a Houston fan, I'm thrilled. Rockets have one of the most talented and complete teams in the league.

If Yao can ever stay on the floor, and Lowry/Scola stay hungry that's a title team.

Not to mention Houston got a steal of a contract with Trevor. So it kind of evens out the Lowry/Scola signings.

Yao ain't done. Hope he proves the doubters. A good guy like him deserves some good luck for once.

Miller's contract isn't even that long and he will be effective under Adelman.

Rockets building that depth up, but still needs a legit go-to-player in the end of the 4th quarter.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Yao ain't done. Hope he proves the doubters. A good guy like him deserves some good luck for once.

Rockets building that depth up, but still needs a legit go-to-player in the end of the 4th quarter.
Yao and Brooks will be fine as far as go to players in crunch time.

Brooks is as fearless as they come. Trevor has never shied away from clutch jump shots either.

I just wish they could stay healthy. More than any other West team, I want to see how good Houston is fully healthy. I think they can be the 2nd best West team next year if they happen to stay healthy.

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Houston did overpay for Lowry, Scola, and Miller but if I'm a Houston fan, I'm thrilled. Rockets have one of the most talented and complete teams in the league.

If Yao can ever stay on the floor, and Lowry/Scola stay hungry that's a title team.

Not to mention Houston got a steal of a contract with Trevor. So it kind of evens out the Lowry/Scola signings.

LOL

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Yao and Brooks will be fine as far as go to players in crunch time.

Brooks is as fearless as they come. Trevor has never shied away from clutch jump shots either.

I just wish they could stay healthy. More than any other West team, I want to see how good Houston is fully healthy. I think they can be the 2nd best West team next year if they happen to stay healthy.
I know Brooks be fearless, but that isn't always a good thing. I have more faith in Kevin Martin making the right decision than Brooks at times. 
Hope Yao becomes more selfish in the end of games as well. 

Originally Posted by mrtramericanjr

why people say brad miller is getting too much

if darko can get 5 any decent big like a joel anthony or brad miller will get 5
Miller is 34. Darko is 25. Big difference.

But thats the thing, almost all the 2nd/3rd tier players got overpaid. While I do think Lowry's is kinda high, I think Scola's was more than fair. While they are role players I would rather pay them than start fresh with unproven guys.

And on Yao I don't think he's done as much as I think at this point, he's just unreliable. Can't just go into the season for a 2nd consecutive with no size in the paint. I don't have a problem with the Miller deal even though he's a little aged
frown.gif

But the roster is too overloaded, they need to make a trade.

Back
Top Bottom