* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Gerald Henderson and another point guard? Sorry, I refuse to believe that that is the best the Hornets can get for Chris Paul.

The huge expiring(s), the draft pick(s) and the taking of Emeka Okafor or James Posey are going to be components of any deal for him. It's about the substantial, young player, because all that cap space does nothing for a small-market team. Make that a small-market team that just flipped their franchise player.

That substantial player is good, with the ability to be great. Under the age of 25. Not a point guard. If that's asking for too much for Chris Paul, I guess I just don't get it. Gerald Henderson? He could be cloned, and the ability of two Gerald Hendersons combined isn't even on the radar. He wouldn't start, and obviously Augustin wouldn't, either.

If you're going to trade one of the five best players in the league, something to work with has to come back. He's not a free agent for another two years. There's no reason to panic and take lesser value (probably ever, but especially now).

There was a deal surrounding around Caron, Beaubois, and mulitple firsts and whatever else (Dampier?) for Chris Paul, and it was quickly shot down.

The Mavs threw "the kitchen sink," and couldn't get it done.

If they turned that down, good luck trying to persuade a team to take Henderson and Augustin for Paul.
roll.gif

REAL prospects, draft picks, cap relief. That's what you need if you're getting rid of a superstar.

JapanAir21 wrote:
CP1708 wrote:

I spent my formative years studying the game of basketball with Professor Bird and relishing every subtle nuance that went with it. There was something contagious about watching someone constantly look for the extra pass; by osmosis, his teammates became just as unselfish, even potential black holes like McHale and Parish. It was like watching a group of relatively humorless guys spend time with an inordinately funny guy; invariably the inordinately funny guy raises everyone else’s comedy IQ.
20 When you watched Bird long enough, you started to see the angles he was seeing; instead of reacting to what had just happened, you reacted to the play as it was happening. [font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][font=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]There’s McHale cutting to the basket, I see him, get him the ball, there it is … Layup! [/font][/font]
Bird gave us a collective sixth sense, a more sophisticated way of appreciating the sport. It was a gift. That’s what it was.
Bird is the one player beside Jordan who I can watch tape of and just be in awe. Not even Magic does it for me. There was something about Larry Bird to me that just screamed iconic. No hate against Magic before you start blasting me for being a Lakers hater, but Bird was amazing.

Yeah....sure.

What the @#$% with Jordan Farmar namin his girl Phoenix?  
laugh.gif
  I mean, this can't be one of those Chipper Jones/Shea type things I don't think.  That dude is squirrely. 

Heat, come on man, goes with the territory.  You can't tell me this is worse then Wade/whistle type stuff.  Or the shoulder/wheelchair.  Trust me, you get used to it after a while, all this Heat focus will die down at some point.

A bag of chips, some soda and a candy bar for CP3?  That's the deal bein kicked about in the Bobcats forum eh?  Who runs that forum, Michael Jordan?  Look, I'm all for a CP3 move to a team with another elite to pair up with him, and also see what NO could get for him to put around Collison/West and see how they rebuild, but damn, come on.  And did I read it right that they were implying Char could get CP AND Melo?  I hope I misread that. 
laugh.gif
  Nope, I read it correctly.  Therefore, 
indifferent.gif
  That forum is garbage.  MJ the same dude that drafted Kwame Brown, I'm more likely to believe that he would acquire Chris Paul and then promply trade him TOO Denver then believe that he could land both of those guys with his current roster. 
laugh.gif

You fools know I aint going nowhere. Who else is going to run the mock drafts to perfection?
laugh.gif

It was just a bad day all around yesterday that's all

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by h3at23

Damn, this was like the only thread were I could go to were the anti-Heat/anti-Heat players wasn't around . Now it's in here too?

Like I told CP, I should be enjoying this but I'm not because the poison/hate is just too much. I love this forum but I think I'm might be done
Sounding like LeBron not wanting to be the "guy" and not being able to take the pressure.

You suppose to thrive off the hate and love the haters.
You sound so lame. 
smh.gif
It's a shame you're so emotional to let haters get to you and affect your day to day instead of loving the fact that ppl take the time out their day to do it.

It's just sports and fandom.  Its not that serious. 
roll.gif

Telling someone youre supposed to thrive off of people who dont like your favorite team....  Unreal.

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

People that have been keeping up with SL, whats up with my boy Chase Budinger
nerd.gif
and whats good with my dude Omar Samhan
pimp.gif

bczalgiris

Omar Samhan - the new center in BC Zalgiris! Travis Watson, Tadas Klimavi

^dang I was hoping he'd get a shot in the L... but good for him nonetheless
smile.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

@STEIN_LINE_HQ ESPN.com sources: Rockets reach terms with C Brad Miller on three-year deal worth nearly $15 million. Link on the way

Interesting. 

Decent insurance for Yao, maybe give him a little more rest, did he play in Sac with Martin at all? 

Yao fully healed by now? 

5M per is steep for Brad Miller.

Hopefully reuniting with Adelman kick starts his game.

But at the end of the day, size is size. Chuck is that dude, but you can't win with a 6'6 dude as your starting/backup C

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

another dumb move by the rockets this offseason

how exactly is that a dumb move? gives them a little more depth and gives Yao some rest.

Miller played uner Adelman as well so he knows his system.

Rockets shaping up a nice squad since last season.

[h1]Sources: Miller, Rockets agree[/h1]

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com

LAS VEGAS -- Veteran center Brad Miller has agreed to a three-year contract worth nearly
$15 million with the Houston Rockets, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The Rockets were always considered a strong contender to win the summer race to sign Miller. He attracted interested from numerous teams but was strongly lobbied to move to Houston by Rockets coach Rick Adelman and guard Kevin Martin after the trio's success in Sacramento.

The third year of the contract is partially guaranteed, sources said.

Amid its well-chronicled interest in trying to pursue Chris Bosh in free agency, Houston also targeted Miller early as an ideal complement to the return Yao Ming and the re-signed Luis Scola to reunite with Martin and help facilitate Adelman's offense.

Miller, 34, made two All-Star Games as a member of the Kings and spent the last season and a half with the Chicago Bulls. It was the second stint in Chicago for Miller, who has also played in Charlotte and Indiana.

Atlanta, Boston and Miami are among the teams that have courted Miller since free agency began July 1, with Chicago also expressing interest in re-signing him.

Marc Stein is a senior NBA writer for ESPN.com.

It's just everybody thinks Yao won't last through the season (well warranted skepticism)

Everybody thinks Jordan Hill is a bust (we'll get a better read this season after more playing time)

So if either or both assumptions are true, the Rockets needed to go land a big for insurance. Miller is old, but he's one of the last legit big men left on the market. Throw in the history of playing with Martin and under Adelman, this is a good fit for him. We'll just have to see if Miller still has the legs to ball.

because again they over pay for another role player

there is nothing about brad millers game that needs a kick start. in back up minutes with the bulls he played just fine. playing under Adelman he was a starter, which is why his numbers where better.

Luis Scola and hayes can back up yao just fine.

sorry i dont see the need to overpay for role players on a avg team at best.

and CP naw never did

^
Sign up.  If my dumb @#$ can do it, you can too, and you have access all the time, so come on, it's a no brainer. 

Hold up.......at the 36 minute mark or so on the Simmons podcast, did he just say the Bron special made 6 million in ad sales, but only 2.5 of it went to charity?????  Why didn't all 6 get donated?  Anyone else listen to the podcast?  What the heck is that all about?

Back
Top Bottom