* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Proshares

Cavs were at an Adam Morrison workout yesterday. Perfect person to fill the shoes of LBJ
pimp.gif

If it happens.....  The new KING of Cleveland. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Would be interested to see if the Rockets match the Cavs' offer on Lowry. This process will happen again with Brooks next summer though and he will command even more money.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

i already told you what they should have done. traded for chris paul.
Yeah, I'm sure it was that easy...

Now tell us what realistic possibilities you would have explored.
eyes.gif

i said it last year

last year was cubans prefect shot to start to rebuild and it could have been a quick and easy. had cap space and been players in this years free agent class and get Dirk some help.

its going to be the same thing over and over for the mavs, trade for horrible contracts to pick up vets that u will think help and watch your team flame out come playoff time.

How would they have rebuilt? Wasn't a chance in hell they were getting under the cap far enough to do anything this offseason, and it's pretty clear at this point it wouldn't have mattered... They'd have fanned on the Top 4 regardless and those were the only difference makers out there.

the way cuban has tried to win is not going to work so why not try something different? just adding players so the fans wont $%!%* and trying to show dirk  your doing something is not going to get the job done.

rebuild anyway you can. like check this out

going off hoopshype

mavs cap is at 59million(without haywoods or dirks deal in it)

30 million of that is this year is tied into giving kidd and marion them wack @@@ contracts and bulter and stevenson from the midseason trade.

with out them he has room for 1 max player and dirk plus damps contrct to trade. thats a better way of doing it then the way he has.

Look, I said early last year it was time to start thinking about it too... But if you're keeping Dirk, you can't rebuild. You just can't.

Even if they had room for one max guy, who would they have gotten? Bron, Wade and Bosh knew what they were doing. Joe wasn't leaving Atlanta and walking away from $30M extra... So then they fall into the group that gave Boozer, Rudy and them other dudes max or near-max dollars. And how does that leave you any better than where they are now? And you saw what happened with Dampier's deal, and you've been screaming for months how it was worthless, so I don't see how that would've changed anything...

If they were gonna rebuild, it meant letting Dirk leave and riding out the rest of Terry's contract... It was COMPLETE rebuild or maintain status quo and keep hoping you eventually get lucky and hit the jackpot.

And Kidd's contract really ain't that bad... Marion's is awful but Kidd's isn't awful.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Nobody cares, but Luther Head failed a physical so the Hornets won't be signing him.

Right
grin.gif

Seems like they can get a cheaper and bigger version of him in Audry Coleman. Hornets falling apart. I don't think Chouest is going to purchase this team.

@SamAmicoNBA Just learned after Cavs Game 5 vs. Boston that Gloria James walked over to Mike Fratello and blasted Mike Brown.
@SamAmicoNBA Gloria James yelled: F*** Mike Brown, F**** Danny Ferry. When Cavs fans booed LeBron in Game 5, she yelled F*** this place!
@SamAmicoNBA Gloria James told Fratello that LeBron would never win under Mike Brown, pointed to Cavs' bench and asked Fratello, "You want that job?"
Ridiculous.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Rudy > Marion as of now, as much as i have to say it.

He was just TERRIBLE out there last year.

and i cant believe Rockets matched that. 6mil for a backup?
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

@SamAmicoNBA Gloria James yelled:  When Cavs fans booed LeBron in Game 5, she yelled F*** this place.

Delonte musta thought she was bein literal...

I'm worried about Shaq.

Where he gonna go?  Miami is a no, LA is a no, Boston no, no need or pride in Orld, Nope to Suns, Dallas has moved on, doubt Clev wants him back, so uh, where else is there where he has a chance to win/play for something, and not have to BEG for a job damn near????  I saw the Atlanta rumor that KLJ posted, and even that is suspect at best.  I suppose the Bulls could give him a look and a chance to play in the postseason with a chance, but that's a stretch. 

Is this it?  Is this how he's going to go out, door to door, looking for work? 
tired.gif

Thunder?  Eh...

Originally Posted by BangDak

Rudy > Marion as of now, as much as i have to say it.

He was just TERRIBLE out there last year.
Right. But replacing Marion with Rudy still doesn't get the Mavs where they want to go.

laugh.gif

Lowry at $6 mil a year looks expensive, but the Rockets had to do it. He put up "bad" starting PG stats last year as a back-up to Brooks and I have stated countless times that he is comparable to Mike Conley statistically-wise and he's still starting in Memphis. But really, he is insurance that Brooks leaves the Rockets next season as he will probably demand a bigger contract than $6 mil a year. Some Rockets fans actually think Lowry should be starting over Brooks even after the season Brooks had last year.

Back
Top Bottom