* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Yea, I was wondering why you guys were going after him.

How are you liking my boy Caron?

Lowry.
pimp.gif

That pretty much seals Mo Xanax' fate, if you ask me.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

whats with the love for haywood? the mavs should be thinking about dudes who can stop the lakers bigs. he didnt do that.

there is one guy who made the laker bigs look like !%!%%$+ last year and that was shaq which he probably could have been had for cheaper and less years.

and then you trade for chandler which again bodes the question why did you guys re sign haywood?

i swear with all the talk of hahn not knowing what hes doing mark cuban should be questioned aswell...

mavs fans need to hope the mavs dont sign harrington just for the hell of it...

tmac must not be willing to play off the bench cuz i would think top teams would be wanting to sign him for their second unit...
?

Mavs played the Lakers once after the Butler/Haywood trade and the Mavs won 101-96. Haywood had 11, 9 and 5 blocks while Bynum had 11 and 10 but 5 turnovers and Gasol was held to only 11 and 6.

Don't know where you're coming from with the Haywood hate. Look around the league at how much starting centers get paid and Haywood actually will make less than most of them at $9 mil. Don't tell me you think Haywood would have signed for $7 or 8 mil in this market this summer...come on now
laugh.gif

Tyson Chandler - $11 mil
Emeka Okafor - $10.7 mil
Samuel Dalembert - $12 mil
Nene - $10.5 mil
Mehmet Okur - $9 mil
Marcus Camby - $9 mil

Don't sleep on the possibility of Raja signing with LA.

With what happened in Miami, I'm turning into a big Kobe/LA fan for the time being. 

Mo got traded?
nerd.gif

whats with the love for haywood? the mavs should be thinking about dudes who can stop the lakers bigs. he didnt do that.

there is one guy who made the laker bigs look like !%!%%$+ last year and that was shaq which he probably could have been had for cheaper and less years.

and then you trade for chandler which again bodes the question why did you guys re sign haywood?

i swear with all the talk of hahn not knowing what hes doing mark cuban should be questioned aswell...

tmac must not be willing to play off the bench cuz i would think top teams would be wanting to sign him for their second unit...

Please oh wise one, who do you want us to get?

We had some interest in Shaq, but he's not going to be in the League long-term. Haywood will. He's not the best, but he's not the worst either.

So again, who do you want us to get? Al Jefferson? That wouldn't have helped at all.

I guess you lack reading comprehension if you are questioning why we made a move for Chandler. We have no large holes that could have been filled by using Dampier's expiring contract. We shed two guys who would not contribute to this team at all, and in return we got A) A very legitimate back-up big who can block shots and catch the ball, and B) a 6.8 million dollar traded player exception. I'm sorry? But both of those are more valuable than Erick Dampier, Eduardo Najera, and Matt Carroll.

If you question Mark Cuban and his desire to make competent moves, you're out of your mind. Partial reason? HE'S NOT THE GM. That would be Donnie Nelson. Mark Cuban is what they call an owner. Sure he helps makes the decisions, but Donnie Nelson is the mind behind everything. Even then, with some questionably contracts, what can you really fault us for? We've been put in the position to win, we just never came out on top. How can you fault us for that? Are the players we've been trying to get since the early 2000's terrible? No, but most have given what they had to Dallas, and we've given them what we could. Oh and it's Khan.

And yeah, as Stevie stated, Haywood played fine against the Lakers.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Mo got traded?
nerd.gif

Please oh wise one, who do you want us to get?

We had some interest in Shaq, but he's not going to be in the League long-term. Haywood will. He's not the best, but he's not the worst either.

So again, who do you want us to get? Al Jefferson? That wouldn't have helped at all.

I guess you lack reading comprehension if you are questioning why we made a move for Chandler. We have no large holes that could have been filled by using Dampier's expiring contract. We shed two guys who would not contribute to this team at all, and in return we got A) A very legitimate back-up big who can block shots and catch the ball, and B) a 6.8 million dollar traded player exception. I'm sorry? But both of those are more valuable than Erick Dampier, Eduardo Najera, and Matt Carroll.

If you question Mark Cuban and his desire to make competent moves, you're out of your mind. Partial reason? HE'S NOT THE GM. That would be Donnie Nelson. Mark Cuban is what they call an owner. Sure he helps makes the decisions, but Donnie Nelson is the mind behind everything. Even then, with some questionably contracts, what can you really fault us for? We've been put in the position to win, we just never came out on top. How can you fault us for that? Are the players we've been trying to get since the early 2000's terrible? No, but most have given what they had to Dallas, and we've given them what we could. Oh and it's Khan.

And yeah, as Stevie stated, Haywood played fine against the Lakers.
wink.gif

im pretty sure all his stats didnt come when playing against bynum that game as i remember dude looked like he was getting manhandled whenever bynum was posting up.

shaq intimidates bynum and gasol. even at 38 shaq punks them.

i already told you what they should have done. traded for chris paul. if they aint gonna get nobody to help with the bigs atleast get dirk a number 2. mavs ALWAYS sign or trade for good players but NEVER a legit number 2 for dirk. if dirk wins a title it will be all on his own with a bunch of good players around him. cuban never goes all in for his main guy. NOBODY except for dirk on that roster should be untradeable...

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Don't sleep on the possibility of Raja signing with LA.

With what happened in Miami, I'm turning into a big Kobe/LA fan for the time being. 

man dont get my hopes up.

most likely raja will sign with the heat or a texas team as those were his top 5 choices along with orlando...

also with all this talk of lebron never having a number 2 guy what about dirk???? how many years now and still no number 2 guy...

If getting Chris Paul was a possibility, I'm sure the Mavericks would have jumped on it.
laugh.gif

Trading Paul to a Division rival? Highly unlikely.

You think the Hornets would have listened to trade talks if Kidd were involved (with Dampier's contract of course)? Collison would have Kidd to mentor him and you could do a 50/50 split in minutes at PG that wouldn't be possible with CP3 there. So Collison gets the 2 years of learning under Kidd while Kidd finishes out his contract. The Mavs love Kidd though, probably wouldn't even let it get to that point in a trade discussion.

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Kosta Koufos, Oleksiy Pecherov, Darko Milicic, Nikola Pekovic, Paulao Prestes, Nemanja Bjelica and Greg Stiemsma...

laugh.gif

Those guys are not under contract for next year. Prestes and Bjelica will be overseas for two years, and hardly doubt they'll be in a Timberwolves uniform.  The last dude will not be with us by training camp. Koufos will be traded, don't see us keeping him. I don't know if it's important but we still have Ryan Hollins still as a center on our team, my guess he might be moved soon as well.

1000th Post
pimp.gif
Guess by the time I hit 2000 I'll be trying to defend Kahn trades next summer
laugh.gif

Because conley know how to play his,position. He just play passive at times, but he showed that he knows what to do during the 2nd half.

Oj can be a combo guard. Fulltime pg just doesnt look too hot for him right now. Maybe after a few seasons he could be one, but not anytine soon. Im glad they trying to maximize his skills though..back when we had Iavaroni, he dominated the ball and during his first month of the season he had those 30+ point games.

laugh.gif
I think Danny Green or Jamario Moon won't like that.

I hope that Mo to Indian rumor is just a rumor if so
sick.gif
it's like he's going back to Milwaukee, but he's the #2 guy to Granger.

Luke Ridnour has agreed in principle to a 4-year, $16 million deal with Wolves, sources say. Wolves may move Ramon Sessions to Charlotte.- WojYahooNBA

Breaking: Billy King accepts Nets' executive position, will be named @ Thursday press conference. story up soon on NBA.com.- daldridgetnt

Nuggets agreed to vet minimum deals with Shelden Williams and Anthony Carter.-johnhollinger

Back
Top Bottom