* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Co sign with heat. I can name /count us real heat fans on here with my finger's. We have been laid back and treated other fans with respect. We were hyped up when we got bosh, and everyone was cool. Then we get lebron and the hate came. I'm hyped as hell but can u blame us?. I can prolly bet that if u Lakers, knicks got him u guys would be talking way more ++$@ then us. don't try to lump all of us together,

I have a question for yall cats. Who is the person yall think the Heat could least afford to lose to injury? I think it will be Mike Miller. Reason being, he's the only one right now on that team who can stretch the floor. If he gets hurt, all teams have to do is sag their D to the paint and cut off driving lanes. The Heat need to get more shooters quick. Also, do yall think teams will play a lot of zone against them, I know I would

I have a question for yall cats. Who is the person yall think the Heat could least afford to lose to injury? I think it will be Mike Miller. Reason being, he's the only one right now on that team who can stretch the floor. If he gets hurt, all teams have to do is sag their D to the paint and cut off driving lanes. The Heat need to get more shooters quick. Also, do yall think teams will play a lot of zone against them, I know I would

So Dallas (and their fans) go from LeBron James to Al Jefferson to Tyson Chandler?

roll.gif

What I like about Chandler: He can catch the ball. He can defend.

When was the last time we had a big guy who could do both, confidently?

with all that hype yall was giving haywood to end the year i thought that was him? hell why did you give all that money to him if he cant do both?

because al harrington is 10x better than diaw

SAY WHAT NOW??

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Ugh...Minnesota is such a mess. Their roster is such a damn headache. What the hell is that GM doing?
Elaborate.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

I have a question for yall cats. Who is the person yall think the Heat could least afford to lose to injury? I think it will be Mike Miller.
6a00d83451b84f69e20120a5e7f0ee970b-550wi

Lulz.

laugh.gif
@ everything that has been going on the past few pages.

What's next in this damn circus league?

I guess I can see what Minnesota is doing. They are taking all the players at those positions, locking them in a room and seeing which ones come out on the top....I guess
laugh.gif
Similar to when we had Critt, Conley and Lowry. But, it was only one position for us and not every position on the court.

Side note:

Went to the Bluff City Classic today (its a league where U of M signees, players, former/current NBA players from the TN area) play each other. I don't understand why Thad and Louis Williams is still out there playing with these guys and he might end up getting hurt. Doesn't that go against the league rules and he could be suspended if he gets hurt playing in something like this? This league been going on for about a month now.

Terrico, Elliot Williams, Joe Jackson, Will Barton, just a bunch of guys were out there. Of course Terrico and Elliot stopped after they got drafted.

Too many veterans who want minutes and not enough minutes to go around for Dallas if they get Harrington. You either gotta go w/ Marion or Harrington, can't have both. Marion always complains or at least sends out subliminals that he'll be unhappy getting less minutes and a move to the bench. Harrington is gonna get about 15 minutes backing up Dirk and then he's gonna get into a log jam at SF with Butler and Marion.

Brandon Bass was Dirk's best backup and he only played about 19 minutes a game. I think we could get equal production from someone like Tolliver or Barron for half the price of Harrington, while still keeping Marion. You don't pay Harrington the MLE for a 20 mpg role off the bench

Cavs sign Rockets restricted free agent guard Kyle Lowry to a four-year offer sheet worth around $24 million, league source told Y! Sports

Cavs sign Kyle Lowry to a 3 year (4th team option) that could be worth up to 24M.

Morey has said he'll match any offer to Lowry + Scola, but 6M per for a backup PG is pretty pricey.

Houston on the clock, and obviously Mo is a goner if they wanted to sign Lowry to that kinda deal. That's starter $

Forget spending the MLE for now... There's nothing available that is going to make a difference on this team.. No need locking yourself into a contract you won't want two years from now when they finally realize it's time to blow this thing up...

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

with all that hype yall was giving haywood to end the year i thought that was him? hell why did you give all that money to him if he cant do both?

Well, it's either make a deal and save ourselves a lot of money and get someone better in return, or keep Dampier. I prefer Chandler MUCH more over Dampier, although I liked Dampier's size/defense.

We also received a 6.8 million dollar trade exception, which is being tossed around like candy in order to get some really quality player, maybe we can hopefully get one too.

Chandler probably won't start, but he's better than Dampier I suppose, and his deal is up at the end of the year, where we choose to re-sign him, or find another back-up (or Anjica if he pans out, but I won't hold my breath).

As for Haywood, we'll inked him long-term, and if we want to keep his production up, we gotta keep him happy, so I see him starting, logging ~30 minutes.

Originally Posted by bhzmafia14

I guess I can see what Minnesota is doing. They are taking all the players at those positions, locking them in a room and seeing which ones come out on the top....I guess
laugh.gif
Similar to when we had Critt, Conley and Lowry. But, it was only one position for us and not every position on the court.
It's like when Ainge was stockpiling all that young talent from 03-07. However the difference Ainge was stockpiling talent that had potential (or at least that was what it looked like). Kahn is stockpiling with decent talent that been in the league like Ridnour, Sessions, Webster and Darko and players that have (more or less) hit their ceilings like Wes and Lazar.
laugh.gif

Rubio was fine because he was the best player available. Flynn was a good prospect but he doesn't fit in their offense and experts/fans think he's better off the bench. I still have hope for Beasley but was bringing him the right thing to do with Love already on the team?
@STEIN_LINE_HQ ESPN.com sources: Nuggets win race to Al Harrington and have agreed to terms w/Harrington on five-year deal worth $34 million. Link on way
sick.gif

laugh.gif
People say the Timberwolves have overloaded players at every position, but they really don't:

PG- Jonny Flynn, Luke Ridnour
SG- Martell Webster, Wayne Ellington
SF- Wes Johnson, Corey Brewer
PF- Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Lazar Hayward
C- Darko Milicic, Nikola Pekovic

Just like how I never included Al Jefferson, there's no need to include Kosta Koufos and Ramon Sessions because they're most likely out the door. Some of you close-minded people that think the Wolves have 7 point guards when there's only two on the roster continue to make me laugh. They have two on their roster, which is the same or less than a lot of teams. Those of you that criticize the Wolves for having three power forwards...ummm this is the !#!%*!# NBA and you need at least 12 players to fill out a roster. If you have 2 players at every position that only brings you to ten players overall. You're going to have three players at 2 or 3 of the same positions.
smh.gif

I'm not impressed when y'all spit knowledge about teams that are on TNT and ESPN every damn night, but I am impressed when y'all actually have something intelligent to say about the teams that seem to never get any national pub (T'Wolves, Bucks, Clippers, Grizzlies, etc.). NT continues to display that it's a group of people that make split second opinions and preach only what ESPN says on their website or telecasts.
grin.gif

Thanks for saving us a logjam headache Denver.

He was more logical to go there anyways, going to Dallas made no sense.

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
People say the Timberwolves have overloaded players at every position, but they really don't:

PG- Jonny Flynn, Luke Ridnour
SG- Martell Webster, Wayne Ellington
SF- Wes Johnson, Corey Brewer
PF- Kevin Love, Michael Beasley, Lazar Hayward
C- Darko Milicic, Nikola Pekovic

why are you leaving out like 10 other PG's they have?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Well, it's either make a deal and save ourselves a lot of money and get someone better in return, or keep Dampier. I prefer Chandler MUCH more over Dampier, although I liked Dampier's size/defense.

We also received a 6.8 million dollar trade exception, which is being tossed around like candy in order to get some really quality player, maybe we can hopefully get one too.

Chandler probably won't start, but he's better than Dampier I suppose, and his deal is up at the end of the year, where we choose to re-sign him, or find another back-up (or Anjica if he pans out, but I won't hold my breath).

As for Haywood, we'll inked him long-term, and if we want to keep his production up, we gotta keep him happy, so I see him starting, logging ~30 minutes.

whats with the love for haywood? the mavs should be thinking about dudes who can stop the lakers bigs. he didnt do that.

there is one guy who made the laker bigs look like !%!%%$+ last year and that was shaq which he probably could have been had for cheaper and less years.

and then you trade for chandler which again bodes the question why did you guys re sign haywood?

i swear with all the talk of hahn not knowing what hes doing mark cuban should be questioned aswell...

mavs fans need to hope the mavs dont sign harrington just for the hell of it...

tmac must not be willing to play off the bench cuz i would think top teams would be wanting to sign him for their second unit...

Back
Top Bottom