* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Mavs trying to get Harrington w/ the MLE now. Ehh...why not just try to get Diaw included in the deal?

because al harrington is 10x better than diaw

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

At least he's not owed a ton of money and they got rid of Carrol? *shrugs* Better than Shaq, at least.
What I like about Chandler: He can catch the ball. He can defend.

When was the last time we had a big guy who could do both, confidently?

Yeah, he might be injured regularly, BUT, we have two other bigs on our roster who can fill in for him if he needs some down-time.

AND, we shed Carroll. It's too bad Najera is gone though.
frown.gif

BTW, thanks for the vote of confidence CP. <3

roll.gif
roll.gif

Harrington eh? Warriors will know know why I'm laughing.

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...st_paid_player_on_wolves_makes_less_than_$5m/[/h1]
[h1]Highest Paid Player On Wolves Makes Less Than $5M[/h1]

Jul 13, 2010 3:55 PM EST

Beasley_Michael_mia.jpg
With their trade of Al Jefferson, the Wolves no longer have a player on their roster that will make at least $5 million for the 10-11 season.

Most other teams have at least one player who makes eight-figures annually. The Raptors and Thunder are the only other teams that do not currently have an eight-figure earner.

The highest paid player on Minnesota is Michael Beasley, who will earn $4.962 million in 10-11. Martell Webster and Darko Milicic are ranked second and third on the roster in terms of annual salary and will make $4.8 million and $4.325 million respectively.

T'Wolves Beat Writer's take on both Al Jefferson and Michael Beasley trades:
So here's basically the deal the Wolves have put together in the last week:

Big Al and two second-round draft picks for Michael Beasley, two first-round picks and that big trade exception, which can be used in the next year to take back a player with a contract as much as $13 million without having to give back any salaries in return.

Theoretically, that allows the team to be shoppers for a player on fire sale in this supposed economically strapped league anytime between and now and next February's trading deadline or next June's draft.

OK, so...

Do you like that deal?

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by LiL Stevie728

Mavs trying to get Harrington w/ the MLE now. Ehh...why not just try to get Diaw included in the deal?

because al harrington is 10x better than diaw
It's not a big difference. I prefer Diaw because he is a better inside scorer and passer; Harrington can score but he'll be coming to Dallas to backup Dirk at PF in 20 minutes per game most likely (unless they find a way to deal Marion so Harrington can get more minutes at backup SF too). Hell, he won't even be getting minutes at center like he did in NY with Chandler here now.

I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all those contracts under 6 million, here's David's pitch to CARMELO ANTHONY, AND! Chris Paul!

Kahn: Carmelo, come on man, we have all these PG's for you to play with! You literally just have to pick ONE, we have so many to choose from! Plus look, we have a couple of PF's in Love and Beasley! Beasley! He's the #2 pick! He was drafted higher than you were! AND DARKO! He was drafted before you too! You hear that Melo?! This guy is golden if he was drafted before you! We've been waiting for you Carmelo, come on over to Minnesota, the weather is great!

Kahn: Oh wait, Chris Paul?! You're a free agent too? We didn't know! Come join our team! We have tons of point guards for you to practice with! You must love point guards since you're one right? Man we have Sessions, we have Flynn, we have Ridnour, and then we got that Spanish kid Ricky Ricardo coming over soon! Just you wait! You'll LOVE IT here!

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all those contracts under 6 million, here's David's pitch to CARMELO ANTHONY, AND! Chris Paul!

Kahn: Carmelo, come on man, we have all these PG's for you to play with! You literally just have to pick ONE, we have so many to choose from! Plus look, we have a couple of PF's in Love and Beasley! Beasley! He's the #2 pick! He was drafted higher than you were! AND DARKO! He was drafted before you too! You hear that Melo?! This guy is golden if he was drafted before you! We've been waiting for you Carmelo, come on over to Minnesota, the weather is great!

Kahn: Oh wait, Chris Paul?! You're a free agent too? We didn't know! Come join our team! We have tons of point guards for you to practice with! You must love point guards since you're one right? Man we have Sessions, we have Flynn, we have Ridnour, and then we got that Spanish kid Ricky Ricardo coming over soon! Just you wait! You'll LOVE IT here!

indifferent.gif

This was not even remotely funny. 

Once I was forced into watching him chuck away every night, Al Harrington probably turned into my least favorite basketball player in the world.

Beasley will get to have more freedom in Minny, that's good for him to have a chance at developing in this league. With Beasley, it didn't work out for him in Miami, but at this point I think he just needs some freedom to develop. From there, either Minny will get help or ship him out so he could be a 3rd option where I think he'll be at his best to make a statement in this league / for his team. He just needs to get things going & have some freedom in Minny to get to that point.

Utah getting Al Jefferson is a positive, they lost a lot of key players within the last couple weeks. Al & Deron WIlliams will be a good duo.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Once I was forced into watching him chuck away every night, Al Harrington probably turned into my least favorite basketball player in the world.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm sure, especially when he's not even remotely close to the best shooter on the team.

I don't know, I think about it, I think maybe we can get someone at a better position. SG maybe? Well we have Caron Beaubois and JET.

PG? Kidd/Barea/Beaubois and JET at that position. SF? Caron/Marion

PF? Dirk/Marion

C? Haywood/Chandler/Mahinmi.

I guess the biggest need is a versatile forward? But why would he want to even come here (let alone why would we want him).

For some reason, I REALLY liked him when I used to watch him when he played at Golden State, he COULD get hot, although not often, but I don't know, who else could we get? I mentioned Brad Miller before, but with Chandler that's kind of redundant. I think the Mavs are just looking to spend their MLE just to spend it.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

indifferent.gif

This was not even remotely funny. 

someone sounds bitter about their team not getting big al
grin.gif

Brian Windhorst is on the Cavs' summer league game saying the team is interested in Marvin Williams, and the Hawks have talked about Shaq, so there's something.

He also said that the Cavs took a hard look at Al Jefferson, who had the similar assets as Utah and Dallas, but pulled away because they're probably going to decide to blow it up a little bit.

They'll probably sign and bring over Christian Eyenga soon, too.

Donatello looking, ball chucking, rim hanging to cost us games TWICE, black hole, not pass to gallanari, piece of $%$$

always seemed like a nice guy though.

Well... Big Z to Miami kills Shaq to Miami. Ego wise and just play wise I like Ilgauskas better for the Heat than Shaq.

Keep the "Zeeeeeeeeeeeee" chants in Ohio please.

Back
Top Bottom