* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Man, the NBA is so damn lop-sided. Did some research and saw that only 8 teams have won the 'chip since 1980. Compared with MLB and the NFL where 8 different teams have won since 2000.

Originally Posted by krazy88s

Man, the NBA is so damn lop-sided. Did some research and saw that only 8 teams have won the 'chip since 1980. Compared with MLB and the NFL where 8 different teams have won since 2000.

that's a good thing IMO. I don't like the fact that there's a different SB champion all the time. I actually like when the Pats had their foot on the necks of the NFL...even tho I hate the Pats as an organization. 

but if you watched Stern's address yesterday, he wants it to be like baseball and football, which makes sense because the NBA is a distant 3rd in terms of popularity in the USA. He talked about giving hope to all the fans of every team that they can win a championship.

Watch, the owners propose non & partially guaranteed contracts, and both sides agree on something where a player who has a long term deal can't be cut if they had a season-ending injury the year before or something

I like the variety in NFL and MLB. They are the only leagues I can think of where the super-stacked teams don't win. That makes it more interesting, because David has a good possibility of beating Goliath (ie Pats vs Gaints).

David Stern should be at least a little concerned. If this trend continues, and it just might with 'Melo's future still uncertain, certain teams will never win or even come close.

WojYahooNBA

Danny Ferry and Billy King have emerged as finalists for president's job with Nets and both interviewing with team Tuesday, sources tell Y!
I don't understand. Didn't Billy fire 3 coaches in one season? I'm guessing Pritchard is already scooped up.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

It looks like I should have asked this question in here...

How many of you clamoring about Jeremy Lin aren't Asian? I bet the answer is zero.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Just like me and my boys always hype up Eduardo Najara, and want him to sign with the Lakers because he's Mexican.
tongue.gif

Originally Posted by The Wizard

but if you watched Stern's address yesterday, he wants it to be like baseball and football, which makes sense because the NBA is a distant 3rd in terms of popularity in the USA. He talked about giving hope to all the fans of every team that they can win a championship.
stern is just saying stuff so people will feel happy.

if he really wanted that to happen he wouldnt have allowed the nba to have their 2nd "big 3" in a span of 4 years. he wouldnt allow teams to trade then sign back released players after 30 days. non major city franchises going to the finals??? stern would %$+* in his pants.

chadfordinsider

MJ has a history of getting cold feet. Bobcats pulled out of an agreed to deal for TJ Ford 5 min before trade deadline in Feb.

SpearsNBAYahoo

Wolves to trade Jefferson to Jazz for future 1st rd pick, 1st rd pick from Mem in Brewer trade and a trade exception, Y! Sports has learned.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by franchise3

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

How much money did barnes leave on the table when he left the magic?

Word, anybody know?
per John Denton - Barnes turned away $2.6 million from the Magic (fyi - more than the Lakers can offer) - Matt looking for a lurcative deal

I don't blame him, he's made barely under 5 million for his career, with no stabilization.  Then again, he is only a role player.

Someone will pay him. 

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

How many of you clamoring about Jeremy Lin aren't Asian? I bet the answer is zero.
laugh.gif

Me.  I just think it's cool that he went to Harvard

Originally Posted by Cfranchise26

Hoping the Spurs sign JJ Redick and Matt Barnes and not resign R.J.
Jefferson can take his talents back to the Nets

jj and barnes would be nice

Back
Top Bottom