* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Physicx

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Jeremy Lin will be an NBA player.

This kid is awesome.
unlikely, but if he did, it would be a great story wouldnt it?

not a single scholarship offer to a john wooden finalist. undrafted to...nba? i dunno, but it would be crazy

plus he can pay his parents back for that harvard tuition
sick.gif
laugh.gif
EVERY time this kid steps on the court, he plays better than most everyone on the court. He's very polished, he just doesn't make very many mistakes.

Will that team be the Mavericks? No, but he'll get an opportunity down the line SOMETIME.

Maybe not by the beginning of the season, maybe not this year, but he'll make a squad some day.

Hrm, now what.

laugh.gif

I don't see what they're doing in Utah though.

Both Utah and Dallas are bad destinations for AJ.

Millsap/AJ would be horrendous, unless they plan on moving Mehmet to PF.

Originally Posted by JPZx

BangDak wrote:

and everything kahn does to me never makes sense,

Every time you say that, I'll say something, and then you say "o yeah probably" or "yea that's prob right" but then you continue to say this.

Explain to me once again how the Beasley deal doesn't make sense. By the way, it was updated and the deal doesn't include a first round pick swap anymore, it now stands as this:

2011 and 2014 second round picks for Beasley.

How can anyone think the Beasley trade was bad/questionable for Minnesota?  Sure, theyve already got a bunch of guys playing the same position, but its better to stockpile talent than not have any.

A 2nd overall pick in a draft who isnt showing signs of being unproductive or injury prone is traded for 2 2nd round picks.... Thats a pretty good deal. 

Oh yeah, hes still in his rookie contract too. 
laugh.gif

[h1]Orlando Magic agree to deal with Quentin Richardson[/h1]
[table][tr][td]
54905307.JPG
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Orlando Magic replaced one well-traveled 30-year-old small forward with another on Monday, signing Quentin Richardson and likely parting ways with Matt Barnes.

"Quentin's a great addition for us," Magic coach Stan Van Gundy said. "I really like him."

It is believed that Richardson signed a multiyear deal — likely three years — for between $7.5 million to $8 million. He received what remained of the Magic's midlevel exception after the club signed point guard Chris Duhon last week.

Barnes told the Sentinel that he never received an offer from the Magic and that it seems likely his stay in Orlando is over.

Get the Sunday Sentinel delivered to your home for only $.80 a week!

"Honestly, it doesn't look good," Barnes said.

He wanted to return and said the idea he probably will not is "very, very disappointing, frustrating, hard to swallow."

"… Yeah, I'll be hurt. Yeah, I'll be disappointed. But life goes on."

Barnes said he has been in contact with the Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks, Detroit Pistons, Golden State Warriors and San Antonio Spurs.

Richardson, 6-feet-6, 228 pounds, played with the Heat last season. Starting 75 of 76 games, he averaged 8.9 points and 4.9 rebounds per game. He shot a career-high 39.7 percent from 3-point range, but just 40 percent overall.

"He adds a lot of things for us," Van Gundy said. "He brings us toughness, he's physical, can shoot it deep and can post up."

Barnes, 6-7, 226, averaged 8.8 points and 5.5 rebounds per game last season. While Barnes cuts and runs the floor better than Richardson and shot 48.7 percent from the field, he was a chilly 31.9 percent from 3-point land.

Barnes conceded he was surprised when he heard the Magic were signing Richardson.

"I know Orlando prides itself on being a 3-point shooting team. I had a down year shooting the 3-ball," he said. "But I know [Richardson] is a hell of a shooter, so I know that he'll fit in great out there."

An intense defensive irritant, Barnes guarded a majority of the top perimeter scorers. But when Richardson signed with the Heat last summer, team President Pat Riley said, "We feel that he will be able to match up against the top scorers in the league."

Van Gundy said that Richardson will compete with Mickael Pietrus for the starting small-forward spot.

"I'm going into training camp open-minded as far as what we'll do there," Van Gundy said.

He might also be working in a new shooting guard if the Magic don't retain J.J. Redick. Van Gundy said that it is his understanding that Richardson's signing will not directly impact the Magic's decision to match the Chicago Bulls' three-year, $19 million offer for Redick.

The Magic have until Friday to match the Bulls' offer because Redick is a restricted free agent.

Ownership is mulling over whether to take an additional luxury tax hit this season to keep Redick. The Bulls' offer is a front-loaded deal.

General Manager Otis Smith did not immediately return a call from the Sentinel. Smith said Saturday that he "anticipates" retaining Redick, but would take time to evaluate it.

The club could make a trade in order to reduce the tax burden, perhaps sending back-up center Marcin Gortat or little-used power forward Brandon Bass in a salary dump. Not a likely scenario. They also could trade one or the other — or both — to acquire a shooting guard if they decide against retaining Redick.

The Magic would lose him without compensation and be left with small exceptions to sign other players.

Some of the free-agent shooting guards available are Marquis Daniels, Larry Hughes, Ronald Murray and Roger Mason.

The Magic have the $2 million biannual exception and the minimum-salary exception, which is based on a player's tenure in the league.

The Magic's last order of business this summer will be signing a third point guard to back up starter Jameer Nelson and Chris Duhon.

Some names to keep in mind for that job: former Magic point guard Travis Diener and Chris Quinn

Originally Posted by JPZx

BangDak wrote:

and everything kahn does to me never makes sense,

Every time you say that, I'll say something, and then you say "o yeah probably" or "yea that's prob right" but then you continue to say this.

Explain to me once again how the Beasley deal doesn't make sense. By the way, it was updated and the deal doesn't include a first round pick swap anymore, it now stands as this:

2011 and 2014 second round picks for Beasley.

Just because i understand, kind of, the reasons behind the moves, doesnt mean i would do the same if i was in the same position.

Letting Al Jefferson go for draft picks or cap space is a mistake.

His value will increase sooo very much during the season that I think it would be best to wait until the next trade deadline. If we did that, we'd be able to get a barometer of where our team's at and then adderss our needs in a trade for Al. I thought that trading him right now would be best if we could get a young, talented player back for him, but picks and/or cap, nah. ugh.

Al Jefferson just doesn't seem like a guy Utah would go after.

A lot of questionable moves being made by playoff teams from last season.

If Utah makes a move to get Jefferson, what are the chances of them throwing money at Brewer? Seems like Chicago will look at Howard if they don't get JJ so I don't know where Brewer would go.

http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=5374270

"I took time to consider all my options, many not reported in the media," Fisher said. "I listened to every coach, every general manager, even potential teammates in order to make the right decision and I thank every one of them. At the end of the day, there's one person I could not turn away from.
"Kobe Bryant asked me to stay but supported whatever decision I made. He and I have played together for 11 seasons, came into the league together as kids, and has been loyal to me even when others had doubts. We have won five championships together."

FISH
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Roddy Buckets looking like dog poop past couple of days
playing out of control. then just pulled a ron artest and shot early with the shot clock on in crunch time

and Jerry Salon coaching Al Jefferson? that should be fun

Originally Posted by Physicx

Jeremy Lin will be an NBA player.

This kid is awesome.
unlikely, but if he did, it would be a great story wouldnt it?

not a single scholarship offer to a john wooden finalist. undrafted to...nba? i dunno, but it would be crazy

plus he can pay his parents back for that harvard tuition
sick.gif
laugh.gif
EVERY time this kid steps on the court, he plays better than most everyone on the court. He's very polished, he just doesn't make very many mistakes.

Will that team be the Mavericks? No, but he'll get an opportunity down the line SOMETIME.

Maybe not by the beginning of the season, maybe not this year, but he'll make a squad some day.
pimp.gif
Best believe if he makes it to the league, he's gonna have a HUGE following. Since he's gonna go to the D-League or Europe in all likelihood, if he plays on the D-League he'll find his way onto the Warriors in no time.
First asian-american in the league...that's huge. It's really amazing that someone I played with has a real good shot at it.

4/16 for ridnour, cant be real.
laugh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I wonder how JPZ is going to defend this. Stock piling talent? Waiting to make more moves?

3/9? for Fisher isnt bad. Good deal LA.

I have a feeling Jeremy Lin will make it to the Warriors. He'll be a perfect fit in the city, and the team.

and you cant blame DBD for defending the Spurs, thats what die hard fans do, and Splitter is really something special. He can ball.

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td]
left_corner_player_news.gif
[/td][td][table][tr][td]
MIN.gif
[/td][td] Al Jefferson-F/C- Timberwolves[/td][td]Jul. 12 - 11:01 pm et[/td][/tr][/table][/td][td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][td]
pixel.gif

With reports pointing to the Jazz being leading contenders to acquireAl Jefferson from the Wolves, Jazz CEO Greg Miller released a cryptictwitter message claiming to have approved a roster move.

"I just approved a Jazz roster move that I'm very excited about," saidMiller. "Planning to share details tomorrow." Nothing is final but wedoubt Miller would be going to this much trouble to announce theymatched Wesley Matthews' offer sheet from Portland. Jefferson's arrivalin Utah would not only hurt Mehmet Okur's stock, but Paul Millsap's aswell.
[/td][/tr][/table]

It looks like I should have asked this question in here...

How many of you clamoring about Jeremy Lin aren't Asian? I bet the answer is zero.
laugh.gif

Proshares wrote:
You can't tell this dude Doo nothing about the Spurs, not even a joke.
Go ahead tell a Spurs joke...
tongue.gif

And nah man don't listen to CP dude has always HATED the Spurs...
laugh.gif
 like I care if he thinks the Spurs are "done".
I will always cheer for the SPURS and hope for the best. I mean that's what FANS do right? RIGHT?
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom