* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Since when the hell does TMZ break NBA news?
sick.gif

http://www.tmz.com/category/tmzsports/

Fisher staying with LAL.

[h2]Fisher returns to Lakers[/h2]

By Ramona Shelburne
ESPNLosAngeles.com

http://search.espn.go.com/ramona-shelburne/

Derek Fisher has decided to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Credit Kobe Bryant with the assist.

246.jpg

Fisher

"I have decided to continue with Kobe, continue with our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles," Fisher said in a statement. "While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this offseason, it is the most valuable. I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin."

The Lakers have won two straight titles and five in Fisher's tenure with the team. He gets a three-year deal to return, with a player option on the final year. Monetary terms were not immediately available.

Fisher, 35, had been courted by the Miami Heat. He met with Miami president Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami on Saturday morning where the Heat told him it wanted him to be its starting point guard and to join LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"I took time to consider all my options, many not reported in the media," Fisher said. "I listened to every coach, every general manager, even potential teammates in order to make the right decision and I thank every one of them. At the end of the day, there's one person I could not turn away from.

"Kobe Bryant asked me to stay but supported whatever decision I made. He and I have played together for 11 seasons, came into the league together as kids, and has been loyal to me even when others had doubts. We have won five championships together."

The Lakers had been in constant contact with Fisher and his representative Rob Pelinka since the free-agent negotiating period opened on July 1, although negotiations had proceeded slowly but amicably.

Fisher averaged 7.5 points and 2.5 assists per game last season, but he stepped up with some big shots in the playoffs, especially against the Celtics in the NBA Finals.

I ain't hating on New York or Chris Paul, but who the hell makes a toast at a wedding and talks about basketball?

Stay classy, San Diego!

Glad Fisher stayed with LA... He's a key part to their success. Those 2 teams will be going at it this season, it'd be wierd for him to have switched sides.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I ain't hating on New York or Chris Paul, but who the hell makes a toast at a wedding and talks about basketball?

Stay classy, San Diego!

Probably an NBA player attending another NBA player's wedding during a period wherein there's been a lot of news regarding the NBA free agency?

That's just a guess though. I ain't no pro athlete like a lot of people here on NT.

laugh.gif

Why the %$*% does that Splitter presser look like it was held in a damn college dorm room?
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Stay classy, San Diego!

Probably an NBA player attending another NBA player's wedding during a period wherein there's been a lot of news regarding the NBA free agency?

That's just a guess though. I ain't no pro athlete like a lot of people here on NT.

laugh.gif
He's.
At.
A.
Wedding.

Stay classy, San Diego!

laugh.gif
He's.
At.
A.
Wedding.

well just goes to show u how many players in the league are pissed off at what those 3 #$@%% in miami did. Sounds like Chris Paul wants to put a wrench in the plans of Pimp Riley and his 3 hookers....

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Stay classy, San Diego!

laugh.gif
He's.
At.
A.
Wedding.

well just goes to show u how many players in the league are pissed off at what those 3 #$@%% in miami did. Sounds like Chris Paul wants to put a wrench in the plans of Pimp Riley and his 3 hookers....

- damn man, give it up. you sound like a jaded jumpoff.

.....let go man........just let it go.

Back
Top Bottom