* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

I ain't hating on New York or Chris Paul, but who the hell makes a toast at a wedding and talks about basketball?

Stay classy, San Diego!

Probably an NBA player attending another NBA player's wedding during a period wherein there's been a lot of news regarding the NBA free agency?

That's just a guess though. I ain't no pro athlete like a lot of people here on NT.

laugh.gif
He's.
At.
A.
Wedding.

well just goes to show u how many players in the league are pissed off at what those 3 #$@%% in miami did. Sounds like Chris Paul wants to put a wrench in the plans of Pimp Riley and his 3 hookers....

- damn man, give it up. you sound like a jaded jumpoff.

.....let go man........just let it go.

and you sound like a whiny little 13 year old school girl with a crush on mr james. EVERY damn post and i mean EVERRRRRRY post of yours is defending lebron james. i picture you looking like that one dude that said leave britney spears alone. Its ok though sport. just ask him out to the school dance already and save your fingers from the stress of you having to play top flite internet security guard for lebron james when ever someone says something about him u dont like...

"leave lebron alone!" yea yea go ahead and cry me a river already...i aint ever see u around the sports forum til now too 
roll.gif

I really don't understand why talks haven't broke up.

They have been ongoing for seems like weeks.

They have been doing tons of talking, but no substance, why continue to talk?

I'm all for bring in Al Jefferson, as it seems that's our last viable option, but goddamn get it done already.

I'm fine with including a pick (or two?) as long as we can keep buying late firsts if we find a prospect worth getting that late (Beaubois, Dominique Jones).

I'd be very happy to see us get rid of Carroll and Stevenson too.

I don't know why the Wolves would though, it'd make Kahn look like an idiot.

I give up tryin to explain to Doo Doo that his team is done.  Puttin all his hopes on a guy named Spitter.  Who's next, Biter?  
laugh.gif

So help me if any of you actually think I put Spitter on accident......

Lost in the shuffle (though meaningless) Durant or Melo just locked up that scoring title.  Wade and Bron will cancel out, Kobe got bigger fish to fry, so KD and Melo it is. 

What is left out there on free agency that matters?  Anyone nice?  Or we down to slim pickin's now?  I wouldn't mind Barnes in LA, but I doubt he wants that.  Didn't Raja join Miami before all the big 3 stuff, where is his name these days?  TMac and AI going to get jobs? 

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

I ain't hating on New York or Chris Paul, but who the hell makes a toast at a wedding and talks about basketball?

Stay classy, San Diego!

Probably an NBA player attending another NBA player's wedding during a period wherein there's been a lot of news regarding the NBA free agency?

That's just a guess though. I ain't no pro athlete like a lot of people here on NT.

laugh.gif
He's.
At.
A.
Wedding.

well just goes to show u how many players in the league are pissed off at what those 3 #$@%% in miami did. Sounds like Chris Paul wants to put a wrench in the plans of Pimp Riley and his 3 hookers....

- damn man, give it up. you sound like a jaded jumpoff.

.....let go man........just let it go.

and you sound like a whiny little 13 year old school girl with a crush on mr james. EVERY damn post and i mean EVERRRRRRY post of yours is defending lebron james. i picture you looking like that one dude that said leave britney spears alone. Its ok though sport. just ask him out to the school dance already and save your fingers from the stress of you having to play top flite internet security guard for lebron james when ever someone says something about him u dont like...

"leave lebron alone!" yea yea go ahead and cry me a river already...i aint ever see u around the sports forum til now too 
roll.gif

- damn my man, you an extremely lame individual. was that rant supposed to hurt my feelings?

....so let me get this straight? "let it go" is me defending LeBron?? thats what you got out of that? you've been going extra hard at the Heat, LBJ, and Pat Riley since Thursday, let it go meant just that.......let it go
smh.gif

melo and CP obviously aren't happy that the 3 of them made it impossible to win a title. Not like they are in great circumstances with their respective teams at the moment anyway. That's why it comes up at a wedding which was located in NYC. probably a bunch of knicks fans were hyping them up too.

i heard Bron got hissed and booed for minutes before he was able to deliver his toast also. which is even more OD at a wedding. Even i don't think i could boo him during a wedding toast. i'd be scared of LA LA beating my !%*

them dudes just changed the game. Not for the better. Now everyone gonna feel the need to form a super team.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I give up tryin to explain to Doo Doo that his team is done.  Puttin all his hopes on a guy named Spitter.  Who's next, Biter?  
laugh.gif
1256924278-beanie.jpg

ChrisMannixSI

Stern slams LeBrons advisors: "(The Decision) was ill conceived, badly produced and poorly executed." Says LeBron received "poor advice." less than a minute ago via UberTwitter 
kevinarnovitz

Stern: Gilbert's remarks will cost him 100K in fines. 1 minute ago via TwitBird 

SpearsNBAYahoo

Stern calls LeBron's decision to do The Decision "poor" and he should have gave CLE earlier notice. 

Originally Posted by JPZx

Utah and Dallas do nothing for me.
What do you really expect to get for him at this point?

I guess I understand the Mavs chasing him, but what are they planning on doing with him? They just gave Haywood a boat full of money and sold him on being the starter here... We gonna bring Jefferson off the bench for 25 or so a night? Just doesn't feel like the best fit IMO, though it is probably the best player they can get for Dampier at this point.

Originally Posted by h3at23

STEIN_LINE_HQ

ESPN.com sources: MIN/DAL talked Al Jefferson trade all weekend and moved closer to deal. But NO done deal yet as Wolves also in talks w/UTA

why would utah want Jeffeson? should of just bring back boozer

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by JPZx

Utah and Dallas do nothing for me.
What do you really expect to get for him at this point?

I guess I understand the Mavs chasing him, but what are they planning on doing with him? They just gave Haywood a boat full of money and sold him on being the starter here... We gonna bring Jefferson off the bench for 25 or so a night? Just doesn't feel like the best fit IMO, though it is probably the best player they can get for Dampier at this point.
Giving all back-up minutes from Dirk/Haywood is my guess.

I still would like Iguodala more, but that's probably just me.

At least we'd have depth?

Originally Posted by DubA169

melo and CP obviously aren't happy that the 3 of them made it impossible to win a title. Not like they are in great circumstances with their respective teams at the moment anyway. That's why it comes up at a wedding which was located in NYC. probably a bunch of knicks fans were hyping them up too.

i heard Bron got hissed and booed for minutes before he was able to deliver his toast also. which is even more OD at a wedding. Even i don't think i could boo him during a wedding toast. i'd be scared of LA LA beating my !%*

them dudes just changed the game. Not for the better. Now everyone gonna feel the need to form a super team.
I'd be mad at anyone who tries to pull any crap at my wedding.

Horrendous display of maturity.

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h2]Fisher returns to Lakers[/h2]

By Ramona Shelburne
ESPNLosAngeles.com

http://search.espn.go.com/ramona-shelburne/

Derek Fisher has decided to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Credit Kobe Bryant with the assist.

246.jpg

Fisher

"I have decided to continue with Kobe, continue with our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles," Fisher said in a statement. "While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this offseason, it is the most valuable. I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin."

The Lakers have won two straight titles and five in Fisher's tenure with the team. He gets a three-year deal to return, with a player option on the final year. Monetary terms were not immediately available.

Fisher, 35, had been courted by the Miami Heat. He met with Miami president Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami on Saturday morning where the Heat told him it wanted him to be its starting point guard and to join LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"I took time to consider all my options, many not reported in the media," Fisher said. "I listened to every coach, every general manager, even potential teammates in order to make the right decision and I thank every one of them. At the end of the day, there's one person I could not turn away from.

"Kobe Bryant asked me to stay but supported whatever decision I made. He and I have played together for 11 seasons, came into the league together as kids, and has been loyal to me even when others had doubts. We have won five championships together."

The Lakers had been in constant contact with Fisher and his representative Rob Pelinka since the free-agent negotiating period opened on July 1, although negotiations had proceeded slowly but amicably.

Fisher averaged 7.5 points and 2.5 assists per game last season, but he stepped up with some big shots in the playoffs, especially against the Celtics in the NBA Finals.

pimp.gif
roll.gif

Farmars positives (Push the ball, quick, gritty, 3 ball) could be a nice addition off the bench. Im curious to see how he improves in a different system.

I'm all for bring in Al Jefferson, as it seems that's our last viable option, but goddamn get it done already.

I'm fine with including a pick (or two?) as long as we can keep buying late firsts if we find a prospect worth getting that late (Beaubois, Dominique Jones).

I don't know why the Wolves would though, it'd make Kahn look like an idiot.

This kid, is going to be freaking good. hes going to surprise a lot of people this year imo.

and everything kahn does to me never makes sense, although i dont see how big Al fits in dallas anyway.

Dominique is a fantastic player.

He can play his entire rim just going to the rim, drawing fouls.

He's not one of these flopping bastards either, he takes and wants the contact, because he knows he's crafty enough to stay in there.

Mavericks have a pair of promising back-court studs, it's nice to see, and they're both late first rounders.
pimp.gif

SECK IS A BEAST.
roll.gif

That talllass bum just had two blocks, the cat is 7'4'' 220, hahaha.

Even caught an oop.

Seen that video a while back.

I always wondered why Rose and Westbrook are working out with two SG's....
grin.gif

Wait, let me correct that before somebody say something off the wall. Tyreke and OJ aren't PG's. But, its good to see them still working on their ball handling abilities to actually have the ball in their hands more next season, especially OJ. I expect to see him dominate the ball a lot more this season.

Originally Posted by DubA169

I'd be mad at anyone who tries to pull any crap at my wedding.

Horrendous display of maturity.

i know what you mean. this whole month has been full of NBA players being incredibly immature.

i'm just saying that it isn't just fans who are pissed about what happened. the players are affected by it and things seem like they are about to change

Jeremy Lin will be an NBA player.

This kid is awesome.
unlikely, but if he did, it would be a great story wouldnt it?

not a single scholarship offer to a john wooden finalist. undrafted to...nba? i dunno, but it would be crazy

plus he can pay his parents back for that harvard tuition
sick.gif
laugh.gif

BangDak wrote:

and everything kahn does to me never makes sense,

Every time you say that, I'll say something, and then you say "o yeah probably" or "yea that's prob right" but then you continue to say this.

Explain to me once again how the Beasley deal doesn't make sense. By the way, it was updated and the deal doesn't include a first round pick swap anymore, it now stands as this:

2011 and 2014 second round picks for Beasley.

i would like to say i told Dirk last offseason Damps contract would only get them some over price bum back(like jefferson) and not a big name FA they where screaming about(bosh and LBJ)

Back
Top Bottom