* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Pop resigns Jefferson, OKC trades picks for Eddy Curry, Turk replaces Amare in Phoenix.

Why is one of these true?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Aaron Gray is fantastic. I was still hoping for Mahinmi, too.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

No joke.

Per 36 numbers last season: 12, 12, 3, 1 and 2. Shot 56/86 percents. 20% rebound rate. Single-handedly took over a fourth quarter and shut down Dwight Howard.

He might be fat and slow, but he can score, rebound, take up space and make good use of his fouls when he's in. He even made a few slick passes last season. Perfect five to bring in for 12-15 a game.

I was just messing around, I'm sure he's a serviceable big that can give good back-up minutes at the five.

I was clowning on him for what he does in the Summer League when he gets tons of minutes.

League sources have said player agent Lon Babby will be the next leader of the Suns' basketball operations, perhaps as a president.

Babby has represented both Hedo Turkoglu and until recently, Josh Childress.

And Grant Hill. Interesting.

JA, I dont think UD will sign w/anyone but the Heat but if the Mavs get him, you're getting a guy that plays w/heart & leaves everything on the floor.

His deal with Miami is in place. Just waiting to complete the give away w/wolves to finish his & Mike Miller's deal. Mike's official website has Heat as it's background

Thanx NaS! I dont mind bringing the big fella back if it helps the team + I can wear my Shaq jersey again
laugh.gif

I'm not expecting Udonis Haslem to come to the Mavs, and it's at a steep price, but I know he'll give it all.

The Suns are closing in on acquiring Hedo Turkoglu in a trade with Toronto.

Phoenix would send Leandro Barbosa and Dwayne Jones to the Raptors for Turkoglu.

The Raptors would then move Jones and the traded player exception acquired in the Chris Bosh trade for Boris Diaw.

The Suns must use $6.5 million of the trade exception from the Knicks in the Amar'e Stoudemire trade to acquire Childress from Atlanta.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wir..._turkoglu/#ixzz0tS0Hjuc0

So, Chill+Hakim for Amare, better than nothing I suppose. Got a very good wing and an inferior 4 in return.

And Barbosa+Jones for Turk is a good look IMO. Barbosa was VERY expendable.

Diaw will be nice for Toronto.

no way haslem leaves miami. u would have to offer a couple mill more. smh at cuban. paying haywood 10 mill??? crazy

Originally Posted by NobleKane

no way haslem leaves miami. u would have to offer a couple mill more. smh at cuban. paying haywood 10 mill??? crazy
Yeah I'm not expecting him to come to Dallas, if he does, great, if not, onto the next customer.

If Haywood can develop ANY kind of chemistry with Kidd, it'll be a good deal.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Yeah I'm not expecting him to come to Dallas, if he does, great, if not, onto the next customer.

If Haywood can develop ANY kind of chemistry with Kidd, it'll be a good deal.

I see what you did there
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

No joke.

Per 36 numbers last season: 12, 12, 3, 1 and 2. Shot 56/86 percents. 20% rebound rate. Single-handedly took over a fourth quarter and shut down Dwight Howard.

He might be fat and slow, but he can score, rebound, take up space and make good use of his fouls when he's in. He even made a few slick passes last season. Perfect five to bring in for 12-15 a game.

...and I went to high school with him. 
laugh.gif

Imo, Jordan Farmar is the biggest idiot this offseason. Why leave the defending 2time champion Lakers? So you can a few more dollars maybe and some more playing time. Selfishness and greed ftl.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

SpearsNBAYahoo

Wiz kid John Wall was asked by NBA to sign autographs for 15 minutes after debut. He did it for close an hour so every fan would have one.

pimp.gif

On a related note... Arenas entertained fans by trying to shoot an apple off a lucky fan's head

That's a good start for Wall and his image. 

"On a related note... Arenas entertained fans by trying to shoot an apple off a lucky fan's head"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I re-read this to see if you typed what I thought you typed, and spit my red-bull on the computer

http://[h3]
[h3]Kahn's plan at PG[/h3]
9:45AM ET

[h5]Minnesota Timberwolves
[/h5]

Last week, we wondered why free-agent PG Luke Ridnour had met with Timberwolves.

After all, the team has Jonny Flynn and Ramon Sessions. It's possible Spaniard Ricky Rubio could play for the team in the near future as well.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports provided some more clarity on the subject on Sunday.

He reports that GM David Kahn is "trying to unload [Sessions] to teams able to absorb his salary, league executives told Yahoo! Sports."

The plan would then be to sign Ridnour to an identical four-year, $16-million deal, according to Wojnarowski.

Wojnarowski also writes that Ridnour "has shown little interest" in Minnesota, so the team could also target Shaun Livingston, whom they've also shown interest in.

http://[h3]Howard's possible new home[/h3]
8:45AM ET

[h5]Josh Howard | Wizards | Interested: Celtics?, Bulls? [/h5]

Though Josh Howard tore the ACL in his left knee in March, teams are still showing interest.

According to Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports, the Bulls and Celtics are both interested in Howard -- who was an All-Star as a member of the Mavericks.

He writes: "While the Bulls could have the salary-cap space to sign Howard, depending on what happens with their offer sheet to J.J. Redick, the Celtics would need a sign-and-trade to arrange a deal because they have already used their midlevel exception on Jermaine O'Neal."

Neither team has offered a contract yet. Howard's timetable for his injury was six-eight months, but he told Yahoo! he's ahead of schedule and hoping to be back at the start of next season.

Howard missed several game in the 2008-09 season due to injury as well and there were disciplinary issues with him in Dallas, so he does come with some risk for either of these teams, should they extend him an offer.
[/h3]

Blazers so mad that Utah matched on Milsap last year, they had to make it IMPOSSIBLE and get Wes Mathews for 34 mil. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I can only imagine how much they would offer D-Will to play there. 

Farmar.........really?  You thought backin up Derek Fisher's 28 minutes a night was bad, so you went to NJ to back up Devin Harris's 38 a night? 
smh.gif

Hedo, is a PF now? 
roll.gif
roll.gif
pimp.gif

Good, get Tony Allen outta Boston.  But, um, did BHZ say a few pages back that he would add more to the team offensively?  Huh?  Slam dunks, or what talkin here? 

I'm guessing Farmar left LA to do his own thing without that star-studded cast. Plus, many have said he's just been lucky to land on that team. I dont think would've given the start at PG anyway.

Maybe he wants to prove those doubting that he is good and the LA thing was a coincidence.

We'll see what happens in NJ.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by MrDozo

Imo, Jordan Farmar is the biggest idiot this offseason. Why leave the defending 2time champion Lakers? So you can a few more dollars maybe and some more playing time. Selfishness and greed ftl.
indifferent.gif
 They didn't want him back. They just signed Steve Blake.

Big ears is going to be a Career NBA back up and the lakers didnt want him.

so why with 2 rings already not go chanse money and go anywhere?

plus harris is ALWAYS hurt so it could turn into a starting job at times.

laugh.gif

Danny doesn't want to guarantee anyones contract. Are bench is weak now that Tony left.

It kills me that Gody is doing so well, he will probably end up playing this year.

I like the Josh Howard idea

i like the idea of getting a healthy Howard to the Bulls, we could then come off the bench with Brad Miller, taj , deng and possibly Redick if they don't match.

Raptors' Realgm forum  is reporting that the Raps will be trading Calderon (3 yrs left on contract) and their trade exception to Charlotte for Boris Diaw (2 yrs left) and Tyson Chandler (1 yr left).

It's not confirmed yet and hasnt been reported in many places so we'll have to wait and see if it materializes.

I hope it goes down...Raptors will have gotten rid of 2 bad contracts (Hedo and Calderon), and we'll have a ton of cap space after the 2012 season is over.

I was under the impression Indy needed a PG. I wonder how come they didn't offer Farmar a similar contract. Probably could start there, looking at it.

I didnt say that lol.

I said i consider him a better defender than brewer. And that he can drive a little better, but brewer moves better without.

Seems like alot of boston fans are pissed. Now we have someone to throw at wade, kobe, kmart,etc and wont have to worry about oj getting in foul trouble. Im actually kinda confident in heisley now. Lol

Originally Posted by franchise3

I was under the impression Indy needed a PG. I wonder how come they didn't offer Farmar a similar contract. Probably could start there, looking at it.
Indy wanted to keep flexibility for 2011 and avoid the luxury tax. I think they were offering PGs like Farmar and Felton one year for $3.5 million.

Back
Top Bottom