* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I think Colangelo is an idiot but this is a good trade for us.

-Frees up $2-3 mill in cap room per year for the next 2 seasons
-Barbosa only has 2 years remaining on his deal while Hedo has 4 years remaining
-Barbosa should be hungry to get back on track after coming off one of the worst seasons of his career
-next season = contract year for Barbosa and we all know what contract years do to motivate players

I think Lopez, Warrick, Turk, J-Rich and Nash should be the line up with Frye, Dudley, Hill and Dragic off the bench.

Hill was been a nice story and everything, but let's be honest - is he really that important? Considering what they've committed to Turkoglu, Childress, Warrick and Frye, I'd say he's at the bottom of the heap.

I would roll with a rotation of Nash, Richardson, Turkoglu, Warrick, Lopez, Dragic, Childress, Frye and maybe Dudley.

Then there's Hill, Clark, Lawal and Collins to consider. Maybe they move Hill/Dudley. Maybe they give up on Clark already. Maybe Collins doesn't even make the team. Lawal is going to be a player, though.
Am I wrong in thinking, the only chance Cleveland has at the playoffsthis year, is using that trade exception for Gilbert Arenas?
When I read they were getting that exception, using it on Arenas instantly came to mind.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Suns near acquisitions of Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Childress

LAS VEGAS - The Suns are on the verge of acquiring forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress, swiftly rebounding from the loss of Amar'e Stoudemire with two quality impact players.
The Suns would send guard Leandro Barbosa to Toronto for Turkoglu, a 6-foot-10 Turkish forward with versatile skills to shoot from long range and be a playmaker.

Turkoglu, 31, has played 10 NBA seasons with four teams and wanted out of Toronto after an unhappy first season there. He averaged 11.3 points last season on 40.9 percent shootings, his lowest scoring average and shooting percentage in six years. Two seasons ago, Turkoglu was the NBA Most Improved Player when he averaged 19.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.6 assists with Orlando and followed it up with a 2008-09 season with averages of 16.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists.

Turkoglu could become the Suns' starting power forward in place of Stoudemire, allowing new acquisition Hakim Warrick to come off the bench with Childress, Channing Frye, Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic.

Phoenix would acquire Childress in a sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta, which still has his rights after he left the Hawks and the NBA to take a three-year, $20 million deal with the Greek team Olympiakos in 2008. Childress, 27, is able to leave Greece early and has agreed to a five-year, $30 million deal with the Suns. He is a 6-foot-8 swingman who averaged 11.1 points over four seasons with Atlanta, shooting 52.2 percent from the field and 36 percent on the 3-pointers.

Phoenix will give up a future second-round pick to acquire Childress.

The Suns would use some of their remaining $12.2 million trade exception to make both deals. They acquired the exception in the Stoudemire sign-and-trade Friday and used the first $4 million of it to do a sign-and-trade for Warrick.

Turkoglu is represented by Lon Babby, who leagues sources have said will be the next leader of the Suns' basketball operations. Until recently, Childress was represented by Babby's agency before he switched to Octagon.
What is Phoenix doing?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif
What! That is destined for failure. Imagine Turkoglu matching up against people like Stoudemire,Bosh,Kg,Duncan, and Dirk. SMH

Good trade for both sides. Well done.
Originally Posted by JPZx

Whydoes helping Miami matter anyway? Not like Minnesota is going to meetthem in the Finals the next 5+ years and they just hurt themselves withthat move. It's a different conference also
smh.gif

As of now, its:
Flynn/Sessions/Rubio
Webster?
Beasley/Wes Johnson
Love/Al Jeff
Darko/Pekovic.
Sure,you can say "as of now" and the lineup looks a little off tilt, butlet's not be stupid here. Everyone and their uncle knows Al Jeffersonis going to be traded. So I cross him out. Rubio is not on the rosternext year, so don't include him like he's on the roster yet. Beasley isnot a SF, he's a PF. Not only does his body fit better as a PF he playssignificantly better as a PF.

Lineup is this:

PG- Flynn, Sessions
SG- Webster, Ellington
SF- Johnson, Brewer
PF- Love, Beasley
C- Milicic, Pekovic

(that's without including who/what the T'Wolves would get back for Al Jefferson)

Halfcourt,triangle (fits Love, Milicic, Pekovic). On the break, fast pace (Flynn,Webster, Johnson, Brewer, Ellington, Beasley). You can't have every single player on your roster do the exact same thing
laugh.gif

I would love a trade for Iguodala, but I'm not anticipating it. However it would work out PERFECTLY for both Philly and Minny if they decided to go through with it (cap wise and position wise).

Thatswhat i've been saying, Kahn did EVERYONE dirty by pulling that move.Maybe someone else would have taken him, maybe not, but i sure wouldntfor the sake of avoiding a 5peak.

It's a bit hypocritical, since i always see you having Rubio in yourlineups, but whatever, ill roll with what you said. I dont mean to haveeveryone have the same game, because that would just be stupid, butwhen the whole team plays better in different offensive sets, eh.

You cant expect Al Jeff to be traded for Iggy straight up. You thinkPhilly really wants an Elton Brand, and Al Jeff, whose game andcontract are both quite similar? Yeah, not so fast buddy.

I can agree with you with Beasley playing better at the 4, but at themoment, i dont see him getting any PT at that spot. Hes not big enoughfor the 4, but hes also too slow for the 3. This guys a mess. He hasthe potential, but he has long ways to go.

Im tempted to think an package of Al Jeff + Sessions can get a allstar to fit in, but you can never expect Kahn's next move.

It could pay off for the Suns or it could backfire big-time due to Turkoglu's contract. But they have needed someone other than Nash who can create his own shot or set up teammates during crunch time and Turk can do that.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

wait

why would Portland give up picks and rudy for bum $@# sessions?

no one knows what they are doing because KP is gone... they have miller, bayless, patrick mills, b roy, maybe Wesley Matthews and Sessions...  

SpearsNBAYahoo

Wiz kid John Wall was asked by NBA to sign autographs for 15 minutes after debut. He did it for close an hour so every fan would have one.

pimp.gif

On a related note... Arenas entertained fans by trying to shoot an apple off a lucky fan's head

they have miller, bayless, patrick mills, b roy, maybe Wesley Matthews and Sessions...  
Elliot Williams. And even if the Sessions for Fernandez deal isn't true, that's still seven guards, assuming Utah doesn't match Matthews (and if they do, God help us all).

Somebody give me a general manager job. I'm convinced that you can count on one hand how many of them actually pay any attention to the sport.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I think Lopez, Warrick, Turk, J-Rich and Nash should be the line up with Frye, Dudley, Hill and Dragic off the bench.
Um, you completely disregarded Josh Childress?
nerd.gif

I don't think they'd sign him if they wouldn't at least have him in the ten man rotation.

Maybe they can get away with Nash, Rich, Chill, Turk and Lopez for STRETCHES.

This is crazy today. Tons of rumors flying everywhere.

Mavericks trying to break up key pieces to the dream team?
roll.gif
pimp.gif

I don't see it happening though, as much benjamins we're offering him, he seems like a real loyal guy to the Heat, always viewed him in that light. Plus, he'd be backing up Dirk anyways, unless he wants to play some five for us, but then again he'd be doing the same in Miami. But hell you never know, money DOES talk.

Mavs are close to signing big Ian Mahinmi using our BAE. Very good pickup IMO, if we can continue to wheel and deal, and end up with Al Jefferson, I'm fine with our team for the year.

Kidd/Barea
Roddy/Caron/JET
Marion/Najera
Dirk/Haslem
Al Jefferson/Haywood/Mahinmi

Maybe Najera gets moved to IR for DoJo, who would REALLY pay dividens for the Mavericks. Having a crafty guard who can get to the rim and draw contact with the best of them? NICE.

Originally Posted by h3at23

Originally Posted by h3at23

NaS, where did you hear that about Shaq?
Free agent center Shaquille O'Neal is expected to meet with Heat president Pat Riley on Wednesday. It is unknown if the meeting is to see if interest is there or if both parties are interested. O'Neal would need to sign for the veterans minimum.

[h1]Udoh To Likely Miss 4-6 Months[/h1]

Jul 12, 2010 2:09 AM EST

Udoh_Ekpe_ncaa.jpg
Ekpe Udoh will get a second opinion on his left wrist injury on Monday.Early indications, however, are that Udoh will need surgery and willmiss 4-6 months.

"It's unfortunate, but I've got to take it," Udoh said. "It's hardon me, but I've got a chance to learn the offense and work on my bodyuntil I can come out and show what I can do on the court."

First Monty Williams embarrasses him, now this.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom