* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Yeah, but you also screwed the rest of the league over by taking him, for NOTHING.

And right now, Kahn is just throwing a bunch of talent together and hoping it works. I dont see how that team can work out. They need a completely new offensive plan, and coach.

As of now, its:
Flynn/Sessions/Rubio
Webster?
Beasley/Wes Johnson
Love/Al Jeff
Darko/Pekovic.

Excuse me if i missed anyone. Each player, has a completely different game out there. I dont see how things can work as of now. Of course, if you throw in a guy like Iggy in there, the team would run a lot better, and things start clicking from there, but theres still gaps and loopholes.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Yeah, but you also screwed the rest of the league over by taking him, for NOTHING.

but every trade rumor for him was for nothing.

now do the Twovles have a need for him? No because he is not better then K.Love

They weren't helping out the Heat when they took Beasley, they were helping out themselves by acquiring a young player with loads of potential (needs to get his head on straight). If the Timberwolves hadn't stepped up and taken him off the Heat's hands, someone else would have (like Charlotte, who came out and said they were going after him).

Why does helping Miami matter anyway? Not like Minnesota is going to meet them in the Finals the next 5+ years and they just hurt themselves with that move. It's a different conference also
smh.gif

As of now, its:
Flynn/Sessions/Rubio
Webster?
Beasley/Wes Johnson
Love/Al Jeff
Darko/Pekovic.
Sure, you can say "as of now" and the lineup looks a little off tilt, but let's not be stupid here. Everyone and their uncle knows Al Jefferson is going to be traded. So I cross him out. Rubio is not on the roster next year, so don't include him like he's on the roster yet. Beasley is not a SF, he's a PF. Not only does his body fit better as a PF he plays significantly better as a PF.

Lineup is this:

PG- Flynn, Sessions
SG- Webster, Ellington
SF- Johnson, Brewer
PF- Love, Beasley
C- Milicic, Pekovic

(that's without including who/what the T'Wolves would get back for Al Jefferson)

Halfcourt, triangle (fits Love, Milicic, Pekovic). On the break, fast pace (Flynn, Webster, Johnson, Brewer, Ellington, Beasley). You can't have every single player on your roster do the exact same thing
laugh.gif

I would love a trade for Iguodala, but I'm not anticipating it. However it would work out PERFECTLY for both Philly and Minny if they decided to go through with it (cap wise and position wise).

Suns near acquisitions of Hedo Turkoglu, Josh Childress

LAS VEGAS - The Suns are on the verge of acquiring forwards Hedo Turkoglu and Josh Childress, swiftly rebounding from the loss of Amar'e Stoudemire with two quality impact players.
The Suns would send guard Leandro Barbosa to Toronto for Turkoglu, a 6-foot-10 Turkish forward with versatile skills to shoot from long range and be a playmaker.

Turkoglu, 31, has played 10 NBA seasons with four teams and wanted out of Toronto after an unhappy first season there. He averaged 11.3 points last season on 40.9 percent shootings, his lowest scoring average and shooting percentage in six years. Two seasons ago, Turkoglu was the NBA Most Improved Player when he averaged 19.5 points, 5.7 rebounds and 5.6 assists with Orlando and followed it up with a 2008-09 season with averages of 16.8 points, 5.3 rebounds and 4.9 assists.

Turkoglu could become the Suns' starting power forward in place of Stoudemire, allowing new acquisition Hakim Warrick to come off the bench with Childress, Channing Frye, Jared Dudley and Goran Dragic.

Phoenix would acquire Childress in a sign-and-trade deal with Atlanta, which still has his rights after he left the Hawks and the NBA to take a three-year, $20 million deal with the Greek team Olympiakos in 2008. Childress, 27, is able to leave Greece early and has agreed to a five-year, $30 million deal with the Suns. He is a 6-foot-8 swingman who averaged 11.1 points over four seasons with Atlanta, shooting 52.2 percent from the field and 36 percent on the 3-pointers.

Phoenix will give up a future second-round pick to acquire Childress.

The Suns would use some of their remaining $12.2 million trade exception to make both deals. They acquired the exception in the Stoudemire sign-and-trade Friday and used the first $4 million of it to do a sign-and-trade for Warrick.

Turkoglu is represented by Lon Babby, who leagues sources have said will be the next leader of the Suns' basketball operations. Until recently, Childress was represented by Babby's agency before he switched to Octagon.

What is Phoenix doing?
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

NaS, where did you hear that about Shaq?

[h1]Free-agent buzz: Mavs after Haslem[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski and Marc J. Spears, Yahoo! Sports 6 hours, 28 minutes ago

The Dallas Mavericks are determined to make it difficult for free agent Udonis Haslem to easily return to the Miami Heat.

The Mavs have offered a multi-year contract starting at the full mid-level exception of $5.85 million, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat are trying to re-sign Haslem to play with Dwyane Wade, LeBron James and Chris Bosh, but salary cap restraints could leave them with as little as $4.3 million a year to pay him. And that’s assuming the Heat signs free agent Mike Miller starting at $4.9 million.

Haslem, who made $7 million last season, has been a consistent defender and rebounder for the Heat, and president Pat Riley has been determined to keep him. He averaged 10 points and eight rebounds in seven seasons with Miami.

New Jersey has shown interest in Haslem but hasn’t made a formal offer. Haslem shares the same agent as Wade and Bosh, and has expressed a strong desire to return to the Heat.

Originally Posted by JPZx

They weren't helping out the Heat when they took Beasley, they were helping out themselves by acquiring a young player with loads of potential (needs to get his head on straight). If the Timberwolves hadn't stepped up and taken him off the Heat's hands, someone else would have (like Charlotte, who came out and said they were going after him).

Why does helping Miami matter anyway? Not like Minnesota is going to meet them in the Finals the next 5+ years and they just hurt themselves with that move. It's a different conference also
smh.gif

As of now, its:
Flynn/Sessions/Rubio
Webster?
Beasley/Wes Johnson
Love/Al Jeff
Darko/Pekovic.
Sure, you can say "as of now" and the lineup looks a little off tilt, but let's not be stupid here. Everyone and their uncle knows Al Jefferson is going to be traded. So I cross him out. Rubio is not on the roster next year, so don't include him like he's on the roster yet. Beasley is not a SF, he's a PF. Not only does his body fit better as a PF he plays significantly better as a PF.

Lineup is this:

PG- Flynn, Sessions
SG- Webster, Ellington
SF- Johnson, Brewer
PF- Love, Beasley
C- Milicic, Pekovic

(that's without including who/what the T'Wolves would get back for Al Jefferson)

Halfcourt, triangle (fits Love, Milicic, Pekovic). On the break, fast pace (Flynn, Webster, Johnson, Brewer, Ellington, Beasley). You can't have every single player on your roster do the exact same thing
laugh.gif

I would love a trade for Iguodala, but I'm not anticipating it. However it would work out PERFECTLY for both Philly and Minny if they decided to go through with it (cap wise and position wise).

And who do you plan on giving us? Webster and Jefferson?
And if Beasley isn't starting for the Timberwolves he is going to be PISSED. That would be even worse for your team cuz that dude is going to throw a fit.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by OHyeah10

im starting to think the media is coming out with stories just to hate on david kahn because theyre mad hes a GM or something. theres no way hes thinking of trying to get rid of sessions. why would he be looking for a "salary dump" with sessions and then try to get ridnour with the exact same contract?
Because he's a stupid person.
That's a bingo!

Am I wrong in thinking, the only chance Cleveland has at the playoffs this year, is using that trade exception for Gilbert Arenas?

No way Turkoglu starts at PF in a division where he would have to guard Gasol, Thompson, Lee, and Griffin. He'll either start instead of Hill or be the sixth man.

Suddenly the Suns have a logjam at the 2 and 3 with Richardson, Childress, Hill, Turk, and Dudley. Those guys are all deserving of minutes. I'm thinking Phoenix isn't done with trades. Al Jefferson for J-Rich works salary-wise.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Am I wrong in thinking, the only chance Cleveland has at the playoffs this year, is using that trade exception for Gilbert Arenas?

hmm your pretty smart, wizards said they wanted to keep arenas. not sure how true that is but its very plausible if the Cavs wants him.

hedo should start over hill, hill fits that 6th man role better anyways.

and hedo in the lineup can have nash play off the ball at times

Back
Top Bottom