* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I saw pictures of that guy and thought he looked like a big bafooning clown.

Saw a vid or two, definitely changed my impression, looks sleek.

U watch him at all during the NCAA tourney?!!?!?! Straight dominated
laugh.gif

My girl's friend is dating him and I was trying to get him to come out and play in my rec league
laugh.gif

Yeah, Hill was playing bad yesterday. It looked like he didn't even wanna play anymore.
laugh.gif

But Patterson will probably take his spot anyways. And are Rockets gonna resign Scola?
nerd.gif

Griz close to deal with Celtics' Tony Allen

The Grizzlies are close to agreeing on a contract with Boston Celtics free agent swingman Tony Allen, The Commercial Appeal has learned.

Allen, 28, is an unrestricted free agent and the Griz are hoping to sign him to a multiyear deal starting at roughly $3 million.

The defensive-minded player just completed his sixth season with the Celtics, who selected the 6-4 Allen with the 25th pick in the 2004 NBA draft.

Signing Allen would mean Memphis would completely severe ties with Ronnie Brewer, who it acquired from Utah for a protected 2011 first-round pick in February. Brewer wasn't extended a $3.7 million qualifying offer and became an unrestricted free agent.

Brewer apparently wasn't willing to commit to the Grizzlies' latest offer because of pending negotiations with Chicago and Utah.

The Griz decided on Allen because of the defense and toughness he could bring to the backcourt off the bench. Memphis is also said to like Allen's leadership qualities and championship attitude given he's played for the title-contending Celtics.
Sourcehttp://blogs.commercialappeal.com/t...iz-close-to-deal-with-celtics-tony-allen.html

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

Yeah, Hill was playing bad yesterday. It looked like he didn't even wanna play anymore.
laugh.gif

But Patterson will probably take his spot anyways. And are Rockets gonna resign Scola?
nerd.gif

morey said he was matching any offer. Unless the Nets throw a max deal at him
laugh.gif

Good pick up.

He can give us a little more on the offensive end than Brewer could with the type of offense we have. Allen is a slightly better defender too, but I'll rather let someone else say that before me because people would think its just me being a homer.
laugh.gif
Brewer does have the size and age factor going for him though.

He has more experience too. I'm just kinda mad at how we handled the Brewer situation. Brewer would've cost us more too at the rate guys like Wes Matthews, Travis Outlaw, etc. would be signed at. We all know that Heisley wasn't going to give him a ton of money after what he gave Rudy. Nice to see that we're not done making moves.

The signing would look better if we can get another guy to play the backup 4 and equal what Brewer salary could've been for two solid guys.

It's summer league, such a crap shoot. Dudes can ball outta control in SL then do nothing in the season, and vice versa. Eh about Hill.

Shaq and Miami are supposed to meet Wednesday. Can't believe Miami would give Shaq a shot after the things way ended and calling Bosh RuPaul.
laugh.gif

@AlexKennedyNBA Tony Allen agrees to three year, $10 million deal with the Memphis Grizzlies, according to sources.
One of the better deals from this summer.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Shaq and Miami are supposed to meet Wednesday. Can't believe Miami would give Shaq a shot after the things way ended and calling Bosh RuPaul.
laugh.gif

if everything is about "winning" and "Sacrifice" why would the front office or bosh care what shaq said?

laugh.gif
@ Mike

Like you said though, if after 3 years a player doesn't amount or show promise, more then likely they won't pan out.

Year 2 after not really playing his rookie year. This is the year to show he has something in the tank. Especially since the Rockets are looking for him to play backup C

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

laugh.gif
if everything is about "winning" and "Sacrifice" why would the front office or bosh care what shaq said?
Bosh still sensitive about looking like an extra from District 9.

if the heat add shaq, it just seems like a recipe for disaster. Too many big names and egos on 1 team. That team might implode at some point in the season
laugh.gif

if the heat add shaq, it just seems like a recipe for disaster. Too many big names and egos on 1 team. That team might implode at some point in the season
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

JapanAir21 wrote:
Jordan Hill needs to rebound the ball if he wants some playing time next season. Sad to see Chase get more than him today. But 14 and 5 is not horrible..
Did you watch the game?

No? Didn't think so.

HE LOOKED ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE. The only points he got outside of WIDE OPEN transition points, were free throws. Each time he had defender on him, he fumbled the ball away, of missed TERRIBLY.

I'm not saying this as a hater, there are players who played very well for the Rockets. Chase was good, their PG was amazing, and Taylor performed upto expectation.

He wasn't very aggressive, and when he was, it was because there was no one around him. The cat shies away from physicality. If it weren't for a few wide open dunks he got in transition late in the game, his game would have been a complete waste.

And then on defense, BA-SURA.

Stick to your Mavs commentary, brah. I'm not hyping Hill at all, but you sounding like a fool with your criticism.
Originally Posted by franchise3

It's summer league, such a crap shoot. Dudes can ball outta control in SL then do nothing in the season, and vice versa. Eh about Hill.
Pretty much. Taylor probably won't do much in the regular season even with his scoring in summer league with Martin there. Saw that with Donte Greene couple summers back and he didn't do much as a rookie on the Kings with Martin there. But I hope he does somehow provide some spark off the bench. Where Von Wafer @? 

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

laugh.gif
smh.gif
And Shaquille would be 'veteran leadership.' He don't need that kryptonite in his life.

laugh.gif

Completely agree.

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

laugh.gif

Completely agree.
they just need to add iverson, and they are set

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

laugh.gif

Completely agree.
they just need to add iverson, and they are set
And Tmac.

Back
Top Bottom