* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I love basketball, but I can't wait until there aren't 9 topics in the first page discussing the Heat, Lebron, Pat Riley, Lebron's Legacy, Cleveland, Lebron's headband, etc.

Although now I can already see the future arguments always being brought up and never resolved about Lebron and this team, I'm tired of it already.

I don't have any problem LIKING players, following players, hell there are tons of guys I LIKE who aren't on "my team."

What irks me is that some clowns will follow one player, and if that player switches teams they hop around saying "YEAH I'M A HEAT FAN NOW!" starting to like it's other players just because they're on his new team, and blindly following where their master goes.

I mean hell, I flew out to Phoenix just to see Steve Nash play one more time, but ain't no damn way I'm going to be a Suns fan.

I'm going to have to disagree, especially considering the direction sports has turned with free agency.

It should be even moreso driven into people to follow TEAMS over players. Everyone is mad at LeBron but it's okay to hop on the bandwagon if that's your favorite player?

What sense does that make?

Hell, I've been one of the guys who's been wanting to see these guys come together and play, but that's good for Heat fans.

LeBron fans? Ehh.

If this is all we ever had, it'd eliminate fans of small market teams.

Marc Stein STEIN_LINE_HQ

GSW close to signing of Dorell Wright to three-year deal. Wright is true SF so Dubs feel he's priority over matching Morrow offer from NJN

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Ira Winderman: Just confirmed that Juwan Howard has reached out to the Heat, and, yes, it is being considered as a viable option. This is getting insane. 20 minutes ago.

Blazers vet big man Juwan Howard could be signing with Heat, league source tells Y! Sports. http://yhoo.it/bx98FN 36 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji]

Am i the only one that noticed Juwan Howard filling in nicely when he started last season with Pryz+Oden out and before Camby got there????? If he can adjust to playing 20ish minutes/limited minutes, he could be really effective out there
That would be somewhat fitting considering that Howard should have been a member of the Heat in 1996, which was also a big year in free agency.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Marc Stein STEIN_LINE_HQ

GSW close to signing of Dorell Wright to three-year deal. Wright is true SF so Dubs feel he's priority over matching Morrow offer from NJN
Interesting. Wright would probably be much cheaper.

It'd be nice to see what Wright's potential really is. He never quite had the chance in Miami, he will in GS,

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

What irks me is that some clowns will follow one player, and if that player switches teams they hop around saying "YEAH I'M A HEAT FAN NOW!" starting to like it's other players just because they're on his new team, and blindly following where their master goes.
U mad? Everyone should have a favorite team, be it the team closest to where you grew up, etc., but that doesn't mean your favorite player has to be from that team. I loved MJ as a kid and when he played for the Wizards, I had to follow them even though my favorite team was much more competitive and talented at the time. I was a loyal MJ fan and I don't see the problem with rooting for the Wizards at that time. I mean, I hate myself for having a NY Knicks-colored McGrady sig, but that fool ain't on the Kings. 
laugh.gif

Who is your fav player? Dirk? Well, you lucky then... 

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he is a bum
Apparently so is 90% of the NBA according to you, Mike.
laugh.gif

I'm just saying, he'll have a chance to prove if he can be a decent role player, the same that guys like Kelenna Azubuike has done in Golden State.

I don't have any problem LIKING players, following players, hell there are tons of guys I LIKE who aren't on "my team."

I mean hell, I flew out to Phoenix just to see Steve Nash play one more time, but ain't no damn way I'm going to be a Suns fan.

I'm going to have to disagree, especially considering the direction sports has turned with free agency.

It should be even moreso driven into people to follow TEAMS over players. Everyone is mad at LeBron but it's okay to hop on the bandwagon if that's your favorite player?

What sense does that make?

Hell, I've been one of the guys who's been wanting to see these guys come together and play, but that's good for Heat fans.

LeBron fans? Ehh.

If this is all we ever had, it'd eliminate fans of small market teams.

Well, prior to free agency as we know it, you could legitimately follow teams that have the same core for years. The players were, essentially, synonymous with the team. It made sense to like the Magic's Lakers or Bird's Celtics because everyone knew those players weren't going anywhere. Now fans have to think twice before they want to buy their favorite player's jersey for fear that he might leave in a year.

With the mobility that players have now, fans can witness (no pun intended) a vastly different team each year. So why root for one team if you are a casual fan, other than nostalgia or because you live in that particular city? Let's face it, the average fan is not going to root for one team because the GM is particularly savvy.

Now, I'm not saying that cheering on the Heat full force isn't annoying, I'm just saying I can understand it. I still root for a team, but it isn't like it used to be when players legitimately disliked other players just because of the jersey on their backs.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

U mad? Everyone should have a favorite team, be it the team closest to where you grew up, etc., but that doesn't mean your favorite player has to be from that team. I loved MJ as a kid and when he played for the Wizards, I had to follow them even though my favorite team was much more competitive and talented at the time. I was a loyal MJ fan and I don't see the problem with rooting for the Wizards at that time. I mean, I hate myself for having a NY Knicks-colored McGrady sig, but that fool ain't on the Kings. 
laugh.gif

False.

Steve Nash.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

laugh.gif

False.

Steve Nash.
You a secret Warriors fan anyways.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

he is a bum
Apparently so is 90% of the NBA according to you, Mike.
laugh.gif

I'm just saying, he'll have a chance to prove if he can be a decent role player, the same that guys like Kelenna Azubuike has done in Golden State.

he had all the chances in the world to become a good player with the Heat and he didnt

why? because he sucks. he cant shoot, cant pass, and cant dribble and his Defense is EH

he had hype coming in the NBA because he was a high school talent but he ant done ##@% and the heat gave him every chance to do something

going to be mad he cant leach of Dwade sloppy 2nds anymore

Ray Allen on return, Game 7, Heat

Celtics guard Ray Allen hoped to return to Boston, but admitted he needed to examine how the offseason shuffling in Boston and around the league started before making his decision.

Appearing on ESPN Radio's Scott Van Pelt Show on Friday, Allen talked about the pain of losing in Game 7 of the NBA Finals, LeBron James' decision to move to Miami, and his thought process in agreeing to a two-year, $20 million deal to return to Boston.

"I did [want to return to Boston], but you never know how the landscape of the NBA changes and it did change pretty dramatically with LeBron making his decision to go to Miami," said Allen. "But for the most part, some guys stayed in place, they didn't move. For me, I was counting on the team to make sure they wanted me back, and that I wanted to be back. I said if there was anything along the way that enticed me, I would take a look. But the landscape outside Boston was the same.

"We still have a great opportunity. I know Kevin [Garnett], he'll have some good time to rest his leg and come back stronger, healthier; the same thing with Paul [Pierce] and our young guys are getting better. There wasn't a better situation for me."

Allen, who phoned in to promote his Ray Allen Golf Tournament benefiting his Ray of Hope Foundation on Aug. 16 at the TPC River Highlands in Cromwell, Conn., also touched on some key topics:

On Boston's Game 7 loss to the Lakers and the lingering pain: "I was depressed for a while and my teammates would echo the same sentiment. I couldn't sleep. Everything emotionally and physically went into what we were doing... You don't want to go outside and there's nothing really you can do that will satisfy you. But just being around family and friends, enjoying the summer. For me, I'm just getting to the point where my body has started to heal itself. Mentally, I'm starting to work out again, running on the street. But it never leaves you, it hurts all summer."

On James going to Miami: "It's interesting. Obviously, for the last year or so, people have been wondering where LeBron was going to sign. At first it was New York, then Chicago jumped up in there. Some were trying to organize their team [for a shot at him]. As a team, on the Celtics, we look at it as another challenge. We still think Orlando is the team that we definitely have to beat [in the Eastern Conference], but we're not looking at Miami on the radar. We had a tough time playing them in the playoffs. As the Celtics, we have to focus on what we have to do to get back to where we were last year and try to win this championship."

His take on the James' circus and TV special for his decision: "It seemed like, the way he went about it, he found a way to affect kids in a positive way. Obviously, people wanted him to get over the decision and hope he said what he had to say and everyone can move on. But what he did for the kids, I thought that was awesome."

On James' decision to leave Cleveland: "Unfortunately, this is a business. I know people in Cleveland are very upset. We always talk about, as a player, any type of leverage you have to use it. Our playing days are very short and he did that. He took advantage of what he had to take advantage of, so that he could better his situation, hopefully. He's got, what, at least 10-12 more years in the league? Then there's nothing more he can do. He has to take full advantage of it."
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4675726/ray-allen-on-return-finals-heat

The Trail Blazers are finalizing an offer sheet for restricted free agent Wesley Matthews, according to his agent, Lance Young.

The offer should be final and agreed upon later on Saturday, at whichpoint we may have a better feel for whether or not the Jazz will match.Matthews, a promising young SG/SF, would be a nice fit in Portland(especially if they trade Rudy Fernandez).

[table][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][td]
pixel.gif
[/td][td]
pixel.gif

The Knicks and free agent PG Raymond Felton have finalized a two-year contract worth $15.8 million.

The NY Post notes that there may be a third year as a team option, butthat has "yet to be negotiated." Felton is a big upgrade over ChrisDuhon and the Knicks appreciate his size, but the short-term dealbelies the fact that Felton is a stop-gag until NY finds a star-caliberPG.

Source: NY Post
[/td][/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by h3at23

It gets worst for NYK fans

Chris_Broussard

Knicks Prez Donnie Walsh told me
today that Isiah Thomas will be among Knicks GM candidates if they make
a hire
\

LOL

At least this off-season was everything it was hyped up to be. Can't say it didn't entertain.

Back
Top Bottom