* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

I guess the Heat and Pat Riley are allowing headbands now?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

I guess the Heat and Pat Riley are allowing headbands now?
laugh.gif
Jermaine Oneal wore headband last season....

yup... the 1st game JO played you can see how much the dude sweat... the announcers was calling him out saying let this man wear a headband... next game he was rocking one

Heat, Celtics, Magic, Bulls, make the top 4 of the East EASY. 

And that will be fun.

Hawksand Bucks are way lite, Wall and his team will be fun, Nets maybe getfun, Amare and NY could get interesting if Melo gets there next year,but nothing expected in 2010-11 from me, and maybe the Bobs can rise atad, but I doubt it honestly. 

But for me, Boston still hasone year left, and I see them being better then Miami.  (dependant onthe next 5 guys the Heat can sign) 

Next year, the team thatgets real interesting is the Pistons.  They have a lot of players worthhaving (Prince., Rip, BG, hell even Charlie V) and I gotta believe theyare going to blow that up at the deadline.  I mean, what's the point? They aren't beating ANY of the top 5-6 teams, so why keep trying withthat group?  I think a solid team that's close could add 2-3 of thoseguys and make a real nice push. 

Felton to NY is nice, Felton,Melo, AR, Amare shapes up nice if they can pry Melo out of Denver. They need a banger though, big time. 

LOVE what Chicago is doing actually.  Miami will get the pub, Bulls may just go out and beat them. 

Wedon't see many anymore, but I suspect a fight next season and the Heatwill be the team involved.  ALOT of players/teams will have their buttshurt over all this press, I see a lot of attitudes bein tossed aroundnext year, and someone is gonna take a swipe at someone.  You knowthere are folks out there eager to go after Bron or Bosh. 

Ithink Denver still stands as #2 out West, though they of course worryme because of their small minds.  (mental midgets)  OKC should move upclose to the top, Dallas in the mix, Portland as well, and I expect abig return from Houston as well.  Yao, Scola, Ariza, Martin, Brooks,Battier, yea, I like their team for the regular season, come playofftime though, they'll need help.  (Piston trade????)  Phoenix should befine really, Amare hurts certainly, but maybe now they can actuallyplay defense other then the 1 spot, I see them 5-7 range.  Utah ishurtin.....Booze and Korver hurts their depth mightily, they may clingto 8, but at this time, are not a threat.  I would ask for a Pistontrade, but they won't do it.  Hornets.....need more guys.  Need to seemore before I worry about them, same with the Clips, they just needBlake healthy. 

I wish the @#$%^& playoffs startedtomorrow.  I'm so hyped right now, it's crazy.  All these fools poundintheir chests thinkin they are somebody need that reality check.  Can'twait for them to get it. 

Miami v LA on Christmas?  I think so.  Miami v Cleveland on opening night on TNT, in Cleveland?  I pray so. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Been a great offseason so far, but still a lot to do.  Be back on Monday to start goin thru it all with ya again.

Go take a nap, old man.
laugh.gif

Yeah I agree though. I think Travis Outlaw and Anthony Morrow will be excellent additions in NJN. And if they get Haslem, more power to them. I think Outlaw and Morrow can give Devin the much needed relief he's needed for guys to score the ball. Plus another big body in Favors from the draft. Korver was a decent signing, but as someone stated, I like Hinrich more. Yeah his jumpshot hasn't been great, but goodluck trying to find Korver on defense next season. I loved what Kirk brought to the team, ON BOTH ENDS. That's what I really liked about Hinrich, he didn't put up with no *%%!, on either end. Also, if they wanted a scoring machine out of that spot, they should have hunted down the previously stated Morrow. He signed a cheaper deal than Korver, but he's arguably a better scorer. As I think jmause stated, Brewer would be fantastic for this team while they're stealing Utah talent.
laugh.gif
. His defense and athleticsm with Rose? Nice. J. Chill, Rasual Butler, or Matt Barnes would fit the bill nicely too. Boozer added to that team is still nice. Boozer is a great guy to have on that team though. It'll really help Utah too now that there isn't that logjam in Utah. We always knew Booz was the odd-man out. Korver is replaceable. Very replaceable. If Paul M. can stay healthy next year, I don't see them slipping TOO much. They need to re-sign Matthews and get back Ronnie if they want to accomplish that though. Forget Hayward, he'll develop, if they want to hang onto Deron, get those wings back NOW.

^So I was replying while going through the pages.... and I just read that Chicago just signed Redick to an offer sheet? THEN WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU SIGN KORVER TOO. Same exact type of player, except Korver is a little taller, but Redick is MUCH better. What the hell Chicago. Go after an athletic wing, NOT TWO FRICKING SHOOTERS. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

I don't see why Carmelo would WANT to go to New York (then again, by saying this, I'll have 500 angry Niketalkers at my throat wanting a noose.
laugh.gif
). I think Carmelo can look at what happened in Miami and say.. "Look, you guys can do that stuff in Miami all you want, this is my team here in the West." Denver isn't bad at all. They'll be a top 2-4 seed as long as they have Carmelo and making minor tweaks to the roster. If I'm Carmelo I stay on board with a proven winner, Chauncey, and hope that things work out with their front-court. I love the core of Melo, Chauncey, Lawson, Nene, Birdman, and Swish.

OKC is scary good. You look at the moves they made, each one you say.. "that made them better, that made them better, that made them better." Mo Pete ain't that great, and Daequan ain't the best, but they'll give some scoring relief off the bench, something the Thunder have been lacking. Plus maybe I just can't think right now, but who's a good outside shooter other than Durantula? Daequan will fill those shoes. Oh and front-court depth? Cole should help that. I still think they should go after a remaining big though. Brad Miller? Tony Battie? Someone.

Why isn't there any buzz about Josh Childress? He could be DEADLY coming off the bench.

CP, don't see the Knicks making at least the 8th seed? I think theBucks went backwards and the Bobcats lost their PG. I could see thembarely getting in.

How in the hell do you take a step backwards, when you replace replace Kurt Thomas with Drew Gooden, and Jerry fricking Stackhouse with Maggette? Maggette may dominate the ball too much, but he's never been in a winning environment. Maybe in Milwaukee, that'll change. I mean I know the Knicks have increased their roster, but it's not like the Bucks are trash. Bogut is no joke. If he stays healthy, he's easily a top 5 Center. There should be six spots sealed up.. Miami, Boston, Orlando, Atl, Milwaukee, and Chicago. That leaves room for two. Nets, Bobcats, Knicks, Wizards. Scoff at the Wizards comment, but they have compiled a lot of players who are pretty darn good, and play hard. A good back-court with some depth, and a couple of nice front-court players too. Maybe the edge out the other teams for a playoff spot. Bobcats I don't know what to expect if Felton leaves, but they had a great year last year under Larry Brown, and last time I checked he's still the coach, they had a quiet draft, and have been quiet thus far, wait for the Bobcat to pounce.  That last line was bad..
laugh.gif
. I really don't know what to expect from the Bobcats, I mean is Felton the kind of guy that can manage a team with athletes like Amare and AR? We'll see, but I guess if Duhon can for a stretch, maybe Felton can... They have a nice starting five, I'll say that.. Felton/Azubuike (NEW YORKERS WILL LOVE THIS MAN)/Rooster/AR/Amare. Turiaf won't be bad either. He'll be good for them, a hustle kind of guy. Yeah New Jersey had a terrible record last year, but I like the direction they're going. Their PG can still have flashes of being DAMN good, Brook is one of the best at his position, and they're signing very awesome players. Bill Walker is a little overrated too, yeah I said it.
nerd.gif

Cleveland couldn't trade LeBron, there was no way they'd come out better. And as far as Toronto is concerned, I really have no clue.
laugh.gif

I actually want bumass Fisher to jump *%%!. As much as I hate the scumbag piece of crap, it was a slap in the face to sign Steve Blake for that much and then lowball him. Bad move.

spurs are irrelevant at this point

Irrelevant in what sense? The Spurs are masterfully handled. They might not be a top contender (bombard me all you want with
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
Scooby Dooby), but they are definitely not irrelevant. While Manu, TP, and Duncan have continued to age, they keep adding some of the best young talent in the league. Splitter is supposed to be one of the better european players to come over and join our L, he seems to be very talented and SKILLED for a big (what a shock though, a talented big man from Europe!
laugh.gif
). A lot of people are excited after them drafting Anderson too. Not to mention that MFer George Hill who won that Dallas series for them last year. I think if TP wants to be a %!#$%%# and bolt to New York or anywhere else, the IUPUI stud will fill in his shoes just fine. Hill doesn't have the same speed and craftiness that Parker does, but Hill's range is better than Parker. There's a reason why you didn't see Parker hoist up threes.
laugh.gif

Drafted terribly, the free agency plan didn't really succeed... all bad. I just knew Felton would end up there, too.

Yeah I called Felton going there as soon as I heard Bron went to Miami. Yeah they drafted miserably, but my concern is, what happens next year if Melo or no big FA goes to New York? The summer of 2012?
laugh.gif
. I don't mean to be arrogant, but just signing one star player? Not to make a stretch comparison, but it's like signing Michael Redd to a long term deal like the Bucks did. If no other huge name comes to New York, is it worth it if the Knicks are just barely fighting for Playoff contention?

2 of the top 3 players in the league and another Top 10 player on top. We've never seen anything like it.

That's what I think a lot of people are blowing by the side. They say they don't have a team, they won't work, whatever. It worked just fine when they destroyed any country they came across in the Olympics. Chris Bosh is QUESTIONABLLY the best PF in the League right now. He carried a team by himself to the Playoffs. LeBron carried a cast of FRICKING BUMS to the FINALS. Dwyane carried only a decent team to a Championship that should be hanging in Dallas rafters (
nerd.gif
), these guys can prove they can get wins alone, and together, they will succeed. They have maybe one spot they need to fill, that's a big. They get just ONE OR TWO DECENT BIGS, they'll be fine. The Celtics do amazing with Perkins, who's honestly not the best Center out there. He does great for that team, but it's just like those three have stated... No one knew Rondo or Perkins before they got there. Now? They're recognizable all around the League. Put great players on a great time, and it'll inspire the rest of the players around them to do better. Chalmers will have a field day being a point with all the attention on those three. Chalmers won't be Rondo no, but he'll be much improved. Put that. The Heat already have questionably 6 guys. The three, Chalmers, Mike Miller, and I hear Haslem too? They can find 2-3 guys who will sign for a lot less just to win. If you don't think so, then
grin.gif
. I think they find pieces just fine. They don't need to be the BEST pieces.

@chadfordinsider LeBron & Bosh start at $14.5M ... $2M lessstarting salary than max. Wade starts at $14.2M. Overall each tookabout $15M

Yeah, they won't have ANY problem signing guys. That's basically 44 million for Chalmers, Bron, Bosh, Wade. ~5 for MM, with the cap at 58 million, they still have ~8 or 9 million to fill out their roster? Jesus. Yeah they'll have plenty of room to bring in guys. Plus, just imagine next year, when they're over the cap, and can use things like the MLE, and BAE, there'll be cats lining up for a piece of their money.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
. With all that money, they'll find enough players who want to get a ring.

If they're making 14.5 a year basically, I don't see how you don't have them with more than 4.5 or whatever NaS said. 14.5x3 = 43.5. Chalmers makes 900k. 44.4. Miller at 5m per MAX (it'd be stupid for his deal to be front-loaded), that's 49.4. That leaves them 8 million short of the cap.

Korver has been an alright defender for a few years now (probably no coincidence that it was while playing with under Jerry Sloan). More importantly, he actually tries hard at it. That's really all that matters.

^^^^
laugh.gif
i cant believe i read all of that crap... dont forget we might get wright back too?... A.I anyone? dude would have a field day playing in mia.... i heard he been having dinner with pat the last couple weeks

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Korver has been an alright defender for a few years now (probably no coincidence that it was while playing with under Jerry Sloan). More importantly, he actually tries hard at it. That's really all that matters.
Really? I guess I'm wrong then. Korver just never came out as a great defender in my opinion.

Fair enough though.

Even with giving him that though, he's not very well-rounded.

At least with JJ, he's a very good on-point passer, and he's shown some very tough on-ball defense against some 2's in the Playoffs.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Since when does trying hard have to do with anything? The Bulls aren't fielding a JV team.

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

^^^^
laugh.gif
i cant believe i read all of that crap... dont forget we might get wright back too?... A.I anyone? dude would have a field day playing in mia.... i heard he been having dinner with pat the last couple weeks
After seeing the crap he's put teams through the past few seasons, I don't want that cancerous bastard anywhere near the Heat.

I'd contact guys like Barnes or Childress or Rasual Butler before I re-sign Dorell Wright.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Why do you guys still reply to bittersweet? She's already proved she knows little to nothing about sports besides posting
laugh.gif
faces. One of the first to celebrate Bron to the Bulls.

QFT.  Most annoying Bulls fan on here.

Since when does trying hard have to do with anything? The Bulls aren't fielding a JV team.
My personal opinion is that individual defense isn't really much more than that. I don't have any proof, but that's just how I feel. It's really all about how you play your small part within a team scheme. Obviously, some players have astronomical impacts, but it's not real difficult to at least be adequate.

He's not good or anything, but he's not getting bodied or blown by all the time like he used to.

If that rumoured Nelson for Granger trade comes to fruition, then that is a steal for the Magic. Anytime you can turn an oft-injured PG into arguably a top 15 - 20 talent in the league, you do it.

it was said that the big 3 took pay cuts to bring in miller, haslem, and those 2 took pay cuts to bring in joel anthony... i guess this is how riley did it..

What the hell are roster charges?
nerd.gif

8 guys?

I'd expect them to be willing to find better guys than Joel Anthony and James Jones.

Why's James Jones' name like that?

This obviously isn't directed toward anyone on here, but some people I know outside of these boards...

I fricking HATE how a bunch of people on Facebook that are my friends hopped on and said "YEAH BOY! MIAMI!!!"

I questioned when the hell they became Miami fans?

"I FOLLOW THE PLAYER NOT THE TEAM, YEAAH BOY MIAMI!!!!"

Not a sports fan if you follow a player.

Disgusting.

JapanAir I fully agree. But those people keep this thing going. They're the one probably buying the jerseys and such. In my case I've never bought anything outside of Steelers, Nets or Mets items.

Those people you mentioned will buy, literally anything.

JA, I'm not a capologist, but with the hype of the Bron signing, along with Bosh, and of course with DWade still there, if I'm the owner, I wouldn't mind paying the luxuary tax. Screw a 58M cap.
laugh.gif

I mean, season ticket sales probably sold out by now, jersey sales, national tv game of the week, every week, potential Finals appearance year 1, etc, I can see the owner pulling a Cuban and not worry about the money.

Lakers leaning towards not bringing back Shannon Brown.

Nets offer Anthony Morrow 3 year 12M deal. Warriors on the clock to match.

Matt Bonner resigns with SAS for 4 years.

So Miami has almost 80% of their money tied up by 3 guys.  2 of the guys are very similar in playing styles and the 3rd being a notorious loser.  They dont have a point guard and dont have a center.  They need to sign 9 other guys to finish the roster.  They just gave away 6 draft picks to get these new guys so if they strike out this year with who they sign theyre basically screwed over time.

laugh.gif

How can anyone think that this will even work on paper?

Back
Top Bottom