* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by NobleKane

all i know is if the west loses another good player or hell melo goes to the east next year, the lakers will probably make the next 3 finals until the thunder take over...
What about a team getting the best big man in Europe over to the west?

nerd.gif

Spoiler [+]
[h1]
[h1]Splitter Finally Comes To Terms With Spurs[/h1]
By
Aaron Young
(Member) on July 09, 2010

615 reads

1 comments

0 likes

80968888_crop_340x234.jpg
Jasper Juinen/Getty Images

[h4]Will Tiago Splitter be worth the wait?[/h4]
Yes No Undecided Submit Vote vote to see results

After a three year wait, Tiago Splitter has finally come to terms with the San Antonio Spurs. Ticket 760 (KTKR-AM), a San Antonio radio station, reported today that the Spurs are expected to finalize the deal with the 6'11" Brazilian on Monday.

Splitter was drafted 28th overall in the 2007 NBA draft by the Spurs, but in a situation very similar to Ricky Rubio's ongoing negotiations with the Minnesota Timberwolves, he has played two seasons with Saski Baskonia, a team in the Spanish ACB league. The 25-year old Center won the league Championship with Baskonia in 2010 and was awarded the Spanish League Finals MVP trophy. He has also spent time competing in the Euroleague, making their first team in 2008, and the Brazilian national team, which claimed gold at the 2003 Pan-American games and at the 2005 and 2009 FIBA Americas competitions.

It is widely speculated the main factor that kept Tiago Splitter from joing the Spurs for the 2008-2009 season was Baskonia's eligibilty to offer the international star eight times the rookie scale would have allowed in the NBA. The terms of his new deal with San Antonio have not been released.

Splitter's length and athleticism will be valuable assets for the aging Spurs lineup, and he will most likely  come off the bench for 34-year old Tim Duncan, which will save his energy and endurance for the playoffs. Scoring 15.7 points and grabbing 6.7 rebounds per game in the Spanish league last year, Splitter is touted for his evolving low-post game, high basketball-IQ, and overall unique scoring ability.

The long wait is finally over for the Spurs. The only worry remaining for San Antonio is whether or not Tiago Splitter will translate his success in Europe to the NBA and vindicate his hold-out
[/h1]

I watched that press conference, and all I gotta say is the NBA better be scared. I am passed the whole decision @+$@, its over. It's about bball now and those 3 on the court together are going to be a real problem. They are on the same page they said the right things and it's gonna be ugly vs Cleveland and vs Orlando.

LeBron is pissed at Gilbert and SVG. Those are going to be blow outs with LeBron taking over.

This team is going to be tough to beat...65-70 wins easy.

Good luck to the competition...(lets go Dallas!)

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Anthony Morrow signed an offer sheet with the Nets: three years, $12 million.

Dom McGuire signs with the Bobcats for one year. No figure.

Edit: Bobby, I'm not even a blatant Knicks hater like I am with the Yankees, but I honestly just can't give you anything. Drafted terribly, the free agency plan didn't really succeed... all bad. I just knew Felton would end up there, too.
laugh.gif

Bill Walker is my guy, though.

It was all about getting the cap space, though.  They got it, missed on LeBron and hopefully they don't splurge where it's not necessary.  Offer still stands on tix if it gets to that point though
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

I watched that press conference, and all I gotta say is the NBA better be scared. I am passed the whole decision @+$@, its over. It's about bball now and those 3 on the court together are going to be a real problem. They are on the same page they said the right things and it's gonna be ugly vs Cleveland and vs Orlando.

LeBron is pissed at Gilbert and SVG. Those are going to be blow outs with LeBron taking over.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm just trying to figure out how YOU think they're going to do this with no bench whatsoever.

Fisher ain't tryna sign with the Heat, he's tryna up his price in LA. 

Why would he sign for peanuts in Miami?  He isn't some ring chaser, he earns his with his team, the team he's born and raised. 

He just wants Buss to hand over some of the money he's earned in his career.  That's all. 

LA can pay Fish more then Miami can.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Anthony Morrow signed an offer sheet with the Nets: three years, $12 million.

Dom McGuire signs with the Bobcats for one year. No figure.

Edit: Bobby, I'm not even a blatant Knicks hater like I am with the Yankees, but I honestly just can't give you anything. Drafted terribly, the free agency plan didn't really succeed... all bad. I just knew Felton would end up there, too.
laugh.gif

Bill Walker is my guy, though.

It was all about getting the cap space, though.  They got it, missed on LeBron and hopefully they don't splurge where it's not necessary.  Offer still stands on tix if it gets to that point though
nerd.gif

At least with all this cap space yall dont have Isiah Thomas running !@+% anymore
laugh.gif

thank you captain future

Originally Posted by bittersweet

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I'm just trying to figure out how YOU think they're going to do this with no bench whatsoever.
I heard the same thing about the Celtics a few years ago.

I was one of the doubters, and I won't do it again. This core is superior to that one. And then you throw in Mike Miller and veterans that they will find to latch on (ie Eddie House, Shaq, whoever) and it's going to get ugly.

If they stay focused all year and healthy - 65 wins is just about a given.

2 of the top 3 players in the league and another Top 10 player on top. We've never seen anything like it.

Pat Riley threw this together and he's not gona find a decent bench?

Originally Posted by CP1708

Why would he sign for peanuts in Miami?  He isn't some ring chaser, he earns his with his team, the team he's born and raised. 

He just wants Buss to hand over some of the money he's earned in his career.  That's all. 

agree with everything you said, only thing that makes me wonder is remembering fisher has left LA once already.

sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that Chicago signed restricted free agent Redick to a three-year, $20 million offer sheet. The Magic have seven days to match the contract.

Good point Allen, but I think a lot of folks are still in the "decision" mindset right now, and do not understand what the greatness of Riley. That is over with and now the real work begins. After his track record you would think people would take Riley more seriously, but apparently he has to do it (which he will) one more time for people to wake up and recognize what time it is.

Originally Posted by bilbo07

Originally Posted by CP1708

agree with everything you said, only thing that makes me wonder is remembering fisher has left LA once already.

Fisher "left" when Shaq was moved, Fox was moved, Malone retired, the whole thing was over.  That's why Derek left, there was nothing there cept Kobe and the two worst dudes to keep, George and Walton.  Thas it. 

That isn't the case this time around.  I'd say we are the opposite of rebuilding right now.......

Mia doesn't have a Perk or Rondo though either Allen.  Maybe they can have a Baby Davis out of there 3 second rounders, but a nice young center and a nice young PG is more of the key.  Chalmers isn't Rondo is he?  I don't think he is. 

The Celts did get lucky pullin a few guys, but 7?  Come on, that's gonna be tough as hell.  Especially when other teams are just as strong.   

@chadfordinsider Breaking: Contract details of LeBron, Wade & Bosh LeBron & Bosh sign 6 year, $110M dollar deals. Wade signs 6 year, $107M dollar deal. 9 minutes ago

@chadfordinsider LeBron & Bosh start at $14.5M ... $2M less starting salary than max. Wade starts at $14.2M. Overall each took about $15M less 7 minutes ago

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher that Chicago signed restricted free agent Redick to a three-year, $20 million offer sheet. The Magic have seven days to match the contract.

Damn kinda steep, but im sure magic will match. He's become a huge asset to the magic's success, so I can't imagine orlando not bring him back.

they all are starting at just over 14 mill. all left money on the table.

Haslem likely to come back.

Good luck!

League sources told ESPN The Magazine's Ric Bucher the Heat agreed to send the Toronto Raptors two first-round picks in a sign-and-trade for Bosh. The picks are Toronto's first-round selection in 2011, which Miami had acquired earlier, and the Heat's own first rounder in 2011, according to the sources.

James was also involved in a sign-and-trade, a source told Bucher.

Because of the sign-and-trades, a source said James and Bosh signed matching six-year, $110 million deals. Wade came in slightly under his two new teammates at six years and $108 million, according to the source.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

The Magic better match that.

He played well for them last year, especially in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom