* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

fisher doesnt seem like the type to jump on a bandwagon.

he is like kobe and would want to beat em

I don't see Fisher doing that...

Its wierd seeing LeBron in another jersey.
nerd.gif

If the deal for Felton & the Knicks becomes official, good pickup for them.

Heat, Celtics, Magic, Bulls, make the top 4 of the East EASY. 

And that will be fun.

Hawks and Bucks are way lite, Wall and his team will be fun, Nets maybe get fun, Amare and NY could get interesting if Melo gets there next year, but nothing expected in 2010-11 from me, and maybe the Bobs can rise a tad, but I doubt it honestly. 

But for me, Boston still has one year left, and I see them being better then Miami.  (dependant on the next 5 guys the Heat can sign) 

Next year, the team that gets real interesting is the Pistons.  They have a lot of players worth having (Prince., Rip, BG, hell even Charlie V) and I gotta believe they are going to blow that up at the deadline.  I mean, what's the point?  They aren't beating ANY of the top 5-6 teams, so why keep trying with that group?  I think a solid team that's close could add 2-3 of those guys and make a real nice push. 

Felton to NY is nice, Felton, Melo, AR, Amare shapes up nice if they can pry Melo out of Denver.  They need a banger though, big time. 

LOVE what Chicago is doing actually.  Miami will get the pub, Bulls may just go out and beat them. 

We don't see many anymore, but I suspect a fight next season and the Heat will be the team involved.  ALOT of players/teams will have their butts hurt over all this press, I see a lot of attitudes bein tossed around next year, and someone is gonna take a swipe at someone.  You know there are folks out there eager to go after Bron or Bosh. 

I think Denver still stands as #2 out West, though they of course worry me because of their small minds.  (mental midgets)  OKC should move up close to the top, Dallas in the mix, Portland as well, and I expect a big return from Houston as well.  Yao, Scola, Ariza, Martin, Brooks, Battier, yea, I like their team for the regular season, come playoff time though, they'll need help.  (Piston trade????)  Phoenix should be fine really, Amare hurts certainly, but maybe now they can actually play defense other then the 1 spot, I see them 5-7 range.  Utah is hurtin.....Booze and Korver hurts their depth mightily, they may cling to 8, but at this time, are not a threat.  I would ask for a Piston trade, but they won't do it.  Hornets.....need more guys.  Need to see more before I worry about them, same with the Clips, they just need Blake healthy. 

I wish the @#$%^& playoffs started tomorrow.  I'm so hyped right now, it's crazy.  All these fools poundin their chests thinkin they are somebody need that reality check.  Can't wait for them to get it. 

Miami v LA on Christmas?  I think so.  Miami v Cleveland on opening night on TNT, in Cleveland?  I pray so. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Been a great offseason so far, but still a lot to do.  Be back on Monday to start goin thru it all with ya again. 

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

Someone break down the Bulls roster/depth chart

Rose
Deng
Korver/James Johnson
Boozer/Taj Gibson
Noah

That's it as of now, everyone else is a free agent, they need to re-sign or sign from elsewhere. 

I don't see how Korver make the Bulls THAT good. I would rather see Hinrich still there over him.

Korver is a nice player off the bench for them at that price. Miller would've been better. I would like to see them get Josh Childress unless he already signed with Washington.

I just don't think he fits as a starter and I hope they don't plan on making him their starting SG since he's so one-dimensional.

so you have a PG that drives all the time and now a low post threat so what do you give them? a shooter

that is why kover is key to this team

hinrich jumper has been broke for 2 years now

I think the Bulls could be a great team next season.

Mike, I wouldn't see it as him jumping ship. Right after they signed Blake, they started low balling Fish (that's what was reported).

Kev, one positive thing about the Knicks. Please.
laugh.gif
bribe you to say something nice with some Lee vs. Sabathia tickets
nerd.gif

CP, don't see the Knicks making at least the 8th seed? I think the Bucks went backwards and the Bobcats lost their PG. I could see them barely getting in.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

so you have a PG that drives all the time and now a low post threat so what do you give them? a shooter

that is why kover is key to this team

hinrich jumper has been broke for 2 years now
yup... thats what ive been saying, all you guys needed was a shooter....now you guys have 2 players from utah? those guys are coached well, you dont need to worry about head cases or nothing...

CP, don't see the Knicks making at least the 8th seed? I think the Bucks went backwards and the Bobcats lost their PG. I could see them barely getting in.
the knicks roster sucks, but yall can keep hyping up that trash

and how can a team that added more players take a step backwards?

Proshares wrote:

Sure, they COULD get the 8th seed, but I meant don't see them doing anything in terms of playoffs.  Getting murdered in the first round by either Boston, Miami or Orlando doesn't really count.  But, Felton, Gallo, AR, Amare, that's a decent start man.  And if you could get Melo next year (or deadline) now we're talkin. 

But IMO, Amare has to be in a Bosh role, 3 man %@# like.  MAYBE a 2, but then that #1 better be a Bron/Durant/mayyyyybe Melo type.  I have lack of faith in Amare in case you are unsure. 
laugh.gif

But he gets numbers, he'll get some double teams, get a banger, a Melo, and another shooter on the team, and I think they move way up in the East for a stretch, but still a lot of work to do. 

Mike, dead on about Korver with the draw and kick of D Rose.  He fit in perfect out in Utah, he'll do the same in Chi, and for only 5 mil a season, come on.  He's not the scorer that Gordon was, but he's the stand still shooter that can make them stretch defenses pretty damn thin for Rose to make plays in. 

Originally Posted by CP1708

Mike, dead on about Korver with the draw and kick of D Rose.  He fit in perfect out in Utah, he'll do the same in Chi, and for only 5 mil a season, come on.  He's not the scorer that Gordon was, but he's the stand still shooter that can make them stretch defenses pretty damn thin for Rose to make plays in.   
5 million is a good price. But the guy couldn't crack 25 minutes a game in Utah and never averaged 10 points a game. He's definitely no Mike Miller.

all i know is if the west loses another good player or hell melo goes to the east next year, the lakers will probably make the next 3 finals until the thunder take over...

New York can sneak in. Are any of; Cleveland, Toronto, Indiana, Detroit, Philly, New Jersey, or Washington shaping up to be better?

Knicks do have good young players now. no stars between; Gallo, Chandler, Randolph, Douglas, Walker, but all solid pieces.

looks like the damn arent done yet

[h2]Fisher To Meet With Riley On Saturday[/h2]
Jul 09, 2010 9:17 PM EST

mia_40.gif
Derek Fisher has a meeting scheduled with Miami Heat president Pat Riley on Saturday, according to a source close to the situation.

According to a source, negotiations between Fisher and the Lakers have remained positive and the team has put an offer on the table that was stronger than what's been previously reported (one year, $2.5 million).

"We need to have him back, it's as simple as that," Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin at his Kobe Bryant Skills Academy on the UC Santa Barbara campu

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap/#ixzz0tFImRWHG

Anthony Morrow signed an offer sheet with the Nets: three years, $12 million.

Dom McGuire signs with the Bobcats for one year. No figure.

Edit: Bobby, I'm not even a blatant Knicks hater like I am with the Yankees, but I honestly just can't give you anything. Drafted terribly, the free agency plan didn't really succeed... all bad. I just knew Felton would end up there, too.
laugh.gif

Bill Walker is my guy, though.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

the knicks roster sucks, but yall can keep hyping up that trash

and how can a team that added more players take a step backwards?

Nobody is hyping %#*% man, but they could sneak in there as the 8 seed.  It'll be Miami, Boston, Orlando, Chicago, Milwaukee, Charlotte and then who else?  You don't think the Knicks will at least be good enough to beat out NJ, Washington, Toronto, Philly and the rest of em?

Back
Top Bottom