* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

sometimes  the comments are so dumb a simple expression will do
wink.gif
Explain. If he wins 6 rings with Wade and Bosh, you're gonna look at him like you do Jordan and Kobe?

- for the record, why do you clowns keep making it seem like kobe had to climb some mountain top to get a championship? Shaq being there made it a cake walk for Kobe for the first 3 'ships. sure, he had to work for the last 2, but whos fault was that? however i wont take anything away from the last 2, just stating.

- and to answer the question, if i would look at him the same....YES. why not? *kanye shrug*  i swear its like you clown are reaching for any and everything to pick at, give it up, its grown tired.

- dude is 25, who knows what he/they'll do with that team. it really isnt as serious as yall are making it out to be.....

about time someone made some sense around here

- its a rare breed on NT my friend.

- cats better get over it quick because as young as these dudes are they have the potential to be on top for a while, we will see.....

Bulls have had a real good offseason.

So is Korver going to start at the 2?

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Chicago is still scary. The may want to look into Ronnie Brewer or Childress. Brewer and Korver could be a nice water and oil combo at the 2.
i like it, we finally bring in a true shooter and only at 5 mil a year.  Now we need a defensive stopper at the two, i like what you are thinking with Brewer and Korver

Yea, Im a laker guy, but its easy to see how Chicago is quietly building. And Noah has a motor that will propel him to getting really good each off season. And now with Boozer to teach Taj in practice by basic repetition. Brewer could be the defensive guy needed in the last 5 mins of the 4th. Lot of good things happening for Chicago and still room for more.

Flip Murray could be a cheap pickup for easy buckets off the bench. I really like the Anthony Morrow idea, but with the Warriors just traded Azibuke, I cant see them letting Morrow walk. QRich or Dorrell Wright could play some solid defense too at the 2. Lot of upside still for Chicago. Miami is obviously scary, but stranger things have happened.......

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by franchise3

I can see where Lebron is coming from though.

Kobe had the luxuary of playing with in his prime Shaq. After Shaq was gone, Kobe got fed up and wanted out. He was close to getting his wish by going to Chicago. Why did Kobe want to leave? Because the task was too tough alone. Even a Kobe Bryant couldn't do it himself.
but he stayed and thats all that matter. dont act like he stayed AFTER they got gasol. He stayed before they got gasol. he could have been traded but decided to stick it out that season...

and you make it as if he wanted out right after shaq left. you and i know that aint true. He WANTED shaq to leave so he could prove that he could win being the leader of the team and stuck around playing 2 or 3 seasons with GARBAGE players....

no denying lebron took the $%*%% way out... couldnt do it as the leader. either the heat are gonna win alot of titles or they will implode with 3 guys who want to be the man. pathetic...
Lets be honest. Kobe cannot just leave the team in the middle of season even if he wanted to. The Lakers weren't going to trade Kobe so they did the best thing possible in getting legit help for Kobe.

Kobe stuck it out thinking he could win without Shaq in those first couple of years. He failed and started complaining.

K.

and then continued to play that season the lakers were best team in the west record wise and in the pacific and THEN the gasol trade went down.

so he may have complained for help but so did lebron. kobe got help and went to the finals 3 times in a row. lebron got help and bolted to a team with 3 former allstars and thats including his boyfriend mike miller...

wink.gif
Explain. If he wins 6 rings with Wade and Bosh, you're gonna look at him like you do Jordan and Kobe?
not to mention this %!*!% lebron will never ever be able to have more rings than wade because wade already has 1. [biff]think lebron think![biff]

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

Chicago is still scary. The may want to look into Ronnie Brewer or Childress. Brewer and Korver could be a nice water and oil combo at the 2.
i like it, we finally bring in a true shooter and only at 5 mil a year.  Now we need a defensive stopper at the two, i like what you are thinking with Brewer and Korver

plus they were all from utah so its like a bulls/jazz hybrid team now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

franchise3 wrote:
Lets be honest. Kobe cannot just leave the team in the middle of season even if he wanted to. The Lakers weren't going to trade Kobe so they did the best thing possible in getting legit help for Kobe.

Kobe stuck it out thinking he could win without Shaq in those first couple of years. He failed and started complaining.

K.
and then continued to play that season the lakers were best team in the west record wise and in the pacific and THEN the gasol trade went down.

so he may have complained for help but so did lebron. kobe got help and went to the finals 3 times in a row. lebron got help and bolted to a team with 3 former allstars and thats including his boyfriend mike miller...
Smh. Some help in antawn jamison... But yes, both dudes complained and Kobe got his wish. LeBron complained and got a minor upgrade and bounced. I'm not a Cavs fan, I ain't mad at that. 

...Nelson has been in talks to be going to Indiana for Danny Granger. Bird drafted George to replace him and want to be able to get a star Pg before the season starts. Otis hasn't decided whether or not to take back TJ Ford and run with Duhon/Ford and get Granger or not. Felton signing with the Knicks may have ruined this deal.

could a Granger/Dwight combo, succeed?

Originally Posted by sensaciondelbloque

...Nelson has been in talks to be going to Indiana for Danny Granger.
Bird drafted George to replace him and want to be able to get a star Pg
before the season starts. Otis hasn't decided whether or not to take
back TJ Ford and run with Duhon/Ford and get Granger or not. Felton
signing with the Knicks may have ruined this deal.

could a Granger/Dwight combo, succeed?

I think so. He'd fit in nicely as a shooter and slasher. Solid defender, so losing Barnes wont be terrible.........

Question: Any possibility the Magic can move Lewis? Like maybe sucker Kahn or the Grizz into doing it
laugh.gif

So Duhon is what its gona take for the Magic to get over the hump? Seems like Orlando spends money each year just cause its in their pocket.

wink.gif
not to mention this %!*!% lebron will never ever be able to have more rings than wade because wade already has 1. [biff]think lebron think![biff]
Weren't you going for the Cavs in the playoffs last season? Now you're trying to rip him? Gawd.

The question I have is why didn't the Cavs or the Raptors explore trading LeBron and Bosh last season?

Why?

It happens all the time in baseball, and teams even use it as leverage (examples: Cliff Lee Cle/Phi/Sea/Tex, CC Cle/Mil, Roy Halladay Tor/Phi).

Teams approach these guys with extensions, and they get a feel if they want to stay or not.  Why not leverage that and deal that player and get something you can build around in return.  Think how much the Cavs/Raptors would've received for James/Bosh last season.  I know it would've been harder for Cleveland since they were in contention, but the Raptors have no excuse.

Denver is on that clock right now with Melo.  If he doesn't sign that 3 year extension, they are going to ship him out to the highest bidder.  Get ready for the term "rental" player being assigned to NBA Stars.

Originally Posted by xX LeGod Xx

wink.gif
Weren't you going for the Cavs in the playoffs last season? Now you're trying to rip him? Gawd.

*looks at sig*

pathetic...

because the cavs THOUGHT they had a chance to win a champship

and everyone was saying the raptors should have traded bosh

Cleveland was in a no-win situation... They couldn't trade him and give up a shot at a title... And they had to have had a pretty good feeling before yesterday that he was leaving...

Toronto was stupid for never looking into dealing Bosh though.

Cleveland was in a no-win situation... They couldn't trade him and give up a shot at a title... And they had to have had a pretty good feeling before yesterday that he was leaving...

Toronto was stupid for never looking into dealing Bosh though.

Back
Top Bottom