* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Was that really CP posting that he thinks the Celtics can be better then the Heat?

No we will not be
laugh.gif

Nets signed Johan Petro for 3 years/10 mill

prepared to offer 'big money' to Scola at 30 years old.

add in Outlaw and the Morrow offer sheet...and there goes all their cap space.

Blueprint for more than 12 wins.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

This obviously isn't directed toward anyone on here, but some people I know outside of these boards...

I fricking HATE how a bunch of people on Facebook that are my friends hopped on and said "YEAH BOY! MIAMI!!!"

I questioned when the hell they became Miami fans?

"I FOLLOW THE PLAYER NOT THE TEAM, YEAAH BOY MIAMI!!!!"

Not a sports fan if you follow a player.

Disgusting.

- you 'sports fans' and your childish bylaws about who one can and cant support are hilarious......

- i havent been a 'team fan' since the '94 when the Suns lost to the Bulls. (at least in the NBA) teams dont care about loyalty and building a team anymore. if the team doesnt do anything after the third year they blow the team up. that makes it kind of difficult getting attached to a team, the players, and a system, when they're busy playing musical chairs because they dont have patience.

- it used to be teams got a nucleus of players and stuck with that team for at least 5 years. by the time the team was good enough to win a championship it was like going against a freight train, the players had been playing together for so long they knew each others game like the back of their hand.......you dont see that anymore. its that same thinking that got Team USA back on track remember?

- the only teams that still do business the old school way are Utah and San Antonio. and ill be damned if i let some childish +!* frat boy rules of being a fan make me feel some sort of way about supporting a team.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Fisher ain't tryna sign with the Heat, he's tryna up his price in LA. 

Why would he sign for peanuts in Miami?  He isn't some ring chaser, he earns his with his team, the team he's born and raised. 

He just wants Buss to hand over some of the money he's earned in his career.  That's all. 

LA can pay Fish more then Miami can.
This made me chuckle. Didn't he play for GS and UTAH?

Originally Posted by Durden7

So Miami has almost 80% of their money tied up by 3 guys.  2 of the guys are very similar in playing styles and the 3rd being a notorious loser.  They dont have a point guard and dont have a center.  They need to sign 9 other guys to finish the roster.  They just gave away 6 draft picks to get these new guys so if they strike out this year with who they sign theyre basically screwed over time.

laugh.gif

How can anyone think that this will even work on paper?

- sounds like someone hasnt read the last few pages......

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

(at least in the NBA) teams dont care about loyalty and building a team anymore. if the team doesnt do anything after the third year they blow the team up. that makes it kind of difficult getting attached to a team, the players, and a system, when they're busy playing musical chairs because they dont have patience.

- it used to be teams got a nucleus of players and stuck with that team for at least 5 years. by the time the team was good enough to win a championship it was like going against a freight train, the players had been playing together for so long they knew each others game like the back of their hand.......you dont see that anymore. its that same thinking that got Team USA back on track remember?

- the only teams that still do business the old school way are Utah and San Antonio. and ill be damned if i let some childish +!* frat boy rules of being a fan make me feel some sort of way about supporting a team.

My man. Preaching to the freakin Choir I tell ya! Exactly where I'm at with the NBA
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheGift23

(at least in the NBA) teams dont care about loyalty and building a team anymore. if the team doesnt do anything after the third year they blow the team up. that makes it kind of difficult getting attached to a team, the players, and a system, when they're busy playing musical chairs because they dont have patience.

My man. Preaching to the freakin Choir I tell ya! Exactly where I'm at with the NBA
laugh.gif

- some other sport besides the NBA and maybe they'd have a point.

- dude, i cant stand these morons with these "freeze tag" rules on who you can and cant support, what jerseys and hats you can and cant buy. and these fools be dead serious too  
roll.gif

....im a fan of players, been that way since '94. sure, i WANT to be a team fan but with the NBA it makes no sense.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Nets signed Johan Petro for 3 years/10 mill

prepared to offer 'big money' to Scola at 30 years old.

add in Outlaw and the Morrow offer sheet...and there goes all their cap space.

Blueprint for more than 12 wins.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Durden7

So Miami has almost 80% of their money tied up by 3 guys.  2 of the guys are very similar in playing styles and the 3rd being a notorious loser.  They dont have a point guard and dont have a center.  They need to sign 9 other guys to finish the roster.  They just gave away 6 draft picks to get these new guys so if they strike out this year with who they sign theyre basically screwed over time.

laugh.gif

How can anyone think that this will even work on paper?

yet they have 3 players that demand double/triple teams.
a player that has won/lead a team to a championship, top 3 player.
a player that has had no help and still got 60 wins in back to back season, and is a top 2 player in the league 
and player that isnt a first option but would thrive with other superstars around him. top player at his postion.
a shooter that will have open shots all game
and they all like playing with each other and won a gold playing with each other.
you crazy to think it wont work.
are they going to win 72 games? prob not.
But 60+ wins is very do-able

It isn't like they put JR Smith, Iverson, and Vinny Johnson together. They're unselfish and will have no problem playing together. 

You don't play 12 people in an NBA rotation either. It looks like they are getting Mike Miller and Haslem will may stay too. You have 5 guys there, you need 4 or 5 more players that will actually play.

You don't see some veterans lining up to play with these guys? I do.

Originally Posted by TheGift23

laugh.gif

- some other sport besides the NBA and maybe they'd have a point.

- dude, i cant stand these morons with these "freeze tag" rules on who you can and cant support, what jerseys and hats you can and cant buy. and these fools be dead serious too  
roll.gif

....im a fan of players, been that way since '94. sure, i WANT to be a team fan but with the NBA it makes no sense.

Exactly.  

Originally Posted by peteyk 420

sorry if its been asked but have they announced why Cole Aldrich isn't playing in the summer league?

I think its because the trade to okc couldn't be completed until the 8th so maybe there's still paperwork or something left to do

If you can't see how this would work then you don't understand their playing styles as well as the direction Riley is going with the formation of the roster.

They are going to have Haslem and Miller along with a couple nice players such as Pittman and Vernado.  The final 3-4 roster spots can be filled with guys who will take the minimum to play a role and win a championship.

As for the "egos" of all these guys off the court, sure, but their games are all very unselfish and this is something they've obviously talked about and were willing to do.

Ira Winderman: Just confirmed that Juwan Howard has reached out to the Heat, and, yes, it is being considered as a viable option. This is getting insane. 20 minutes ago.

Blazers vet big man Juwan Howard could be signing with Heat, league source tells Y! Sports. http://yhoo.it/bx98FN 36 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry[emoji]174[/emoji]

Am i the only one that noticed Juwan Howard filling in nicely when he started last season with Pryz+Oden out and before Camby got there????? If he can adjust to playing 20ish minutes/limited minutes, he could be really effective out there

laugh.gif
i just love the way some of you guys in here are trying to justify being a bandwagon fan because the best player in the league has jumped to a team with two superstars...

what are you 12 years old?

True fans dont jump from team to team like some silly @** broad who only watches the superbowl or nba finals every year...

why do you think there are still franchises in minnesota, golden state, sacramento, and new jersey?

its called being a fan of a team.

fan of a player? thats cool but dont act like a wet *#%$%

It's not the change LeBron made that irked people, but how he made that change.

LeBron can go anywhere he wants, he's already given Cleveland 7 years.

I just think Cleveland didn't deserve the humiliation of being put through a circus after all the love they showed him, their local hero.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

It's not the change LeBron made that irked people, but how he made that change.

LeBron can go anywhere he wants, he's already given Cleveland 7 years.

I just think Cleveland didn't deserve the humiliation of being put through a circus after all the love they showed him, their local hero.

i dont see how he humiliated them. If any thing it was the fans thinking they had some right to keep him and Lebron didnt hold up to that. He treated cleveland no differnt than Miami or New York

Back
Top Bottom