* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

What's happening with Kevin Durant's extension? Has he re-signed yet?

I think I read somewhere in here that the reasoning behind giving Joe Johnson the max was because the owners are looking to sell the Hawks in the next couple of years and it would no longer be there problem once the team's gone.

One of the stupidest things I've ever read.
roll.gif
 Don't blame the messenger.

Here's a quote about it:

This is just an absurd contract that, even if the Hawks ownership is banking on selling the team midway through Johnson's deal as has been rumored, cannot be justified or argued-for in any meaningful way.

From http://sports.yahoo.com/n...ith-the-A?urn=nba,252877

I think A. Woj from Yahoo originally tweeted about it as well. It's a great business plan though.

Originally Posted by Anthony Stark

What's happening with Kevin Durant's extension? Has he re-signed yet?

I think I read somewhere in here that the reasoning behind giving Joe Johnson the max was because the owners are looking to sell the Hawks in the next couple of years and it would no longer be there problem once the team's gone.

One of the stupidest things I've ever read.
roll.gif
 Don't blame the messenger.

laugh.gif

I'm not.

I'm blaming whoever spewed that bollocks.

is it just me or is there something off about the hawks organization?

great talent, good attendance at their games, but it never works out.

anyone know why this team just cant seem to get over the hump?

even their playoff games seem quiet, yet the arena is full. idk what it is.

This would never ever be considered as a possibility and would never work realistically, but it'd be great if after the lockout they did an NBA 2K style fantasy draft and shook up the whole league. Maybe each team could secure their best player and everybody else would be up for grabs in a staggered draft format.

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

Originally Posted by BangDak

You're kidding yourself if you really think that Cav's roster is really good outside of Lebron.

So lets see here, we have Mo, Shaq, Tawn, Parker, and Delonte. Not to mention flopajao, and hickson.

We have an "all star" point guard, an old man who cant run the floor the same as he use to, a nice role player to hit the open J, and a drug addict who, happened to !+*+ King James' mom. We also have a overpaid flopping hustle big man, and a guy whose rumored to have the potential to be even better then Amare.

Yeppp, sounds real enticing and good.
laugh.gif

I mean, the Knicks' roster isnt that great, but at least they're young, and cheap, and not overpaid (besides curry) with a lot more room to grow.
Jamison is a 20/10 player sure he didnt play amazing when he got to cle but not everyone can come to a team mid season and flourish like gasol did.....the gasol effect doesnt happen very often..

Mo williams gets a bad rep cuz he played bad against the magic and bos...Magic there is no real excuse for against the celtics he was going up against rondo..Poeple act like MO williams is trash but he'll still give you 16-18 ppg which is pretty good

Andy V is a 1st team all def power forward...sure he flops but what great defender doesnt..he's no all-star but as far as a garage big who does all the little things..he's as good as it gets..if he actually got starters mins no doubt he would be among league leaders in reb..

Now Moon, Parker, West, JJ i would say are probably average players but the 3 above are def better than ne player the knicks have on their roster currently..although I will say Gallo, and Chander could maybe pot be better than those 3 but they arent there yet.

Dwyane-Wade3.jpg

Originally Posted by BlowDaWhistle

You're kidding yourself if you really think that Cav's roster is really good outside of Lebron.

So lets see here, we have Mo, Shaq, Tawn, Parker, and Delonte. Not to mention flopajao, and hickson.

We have an "all star" point guard, an old man who cant run the floor the same as he use to, a nice role player to hit the open J, and a drug addict who, happened to !+*+ King James' mom. We also have a overpaid flopping hustle big man, and a guy whose rumored to have the potential to be even better then Amare.

laugh.gif

I mean, the Knicks' roster isnt that great, but at least they're young, and cheap, and not overpaid (besides curry) with a lot more room to grow.
Jamison is a 20/10 player sure he didnt play amazing when he got to cle but not everyone can come to a team mid season and flourish like gasol did.....the gasol effect doesnt happen very often..

Mo williams gets a bad rep cuz he played bad against the magic and bos...Magic there is no real excuse for against the celtics he was going up against rondo..Poeple act like MO williams is trash but he'll still give you 16-18 ppg which is pretty good

Andy V is a 1st team all def power forward...sure he flops but what great defender doesnt..he's no all-star but as far as a garage big who does all the little things..he's as good as it gets..if he actually got starters mins no doubt he would be among league leaders in reb..

Now Moon, Parker, West, JJ i would say are probably average players but the 3 above are def better than ne player the knicks have on their roster currently..although I will say Gallo, and Chander could maybe pot be better than those 3 but they arent there yet..
Flapjao's a solid defender, but the fact that he flops makes me lose respect for him, but if they're winning games, shrugs. ill give it to you.

Well, Tawn just didnt fit in at all in that team. He never really got into his groove from the start. I'll give him that he just got on the team, and the chemistry wasnt really great, whatever.

Mo williams is just garbage. When he has he ever shown up during the postseason? He was solid before he got injured during the beginning of this season, but eh. He hasnt proven jack $$## to me.

I'm not making it seems like the knicks supporting cast is far better, but it was a response to that guy who said the cavs roster is "far superior" then the knicks. It's not really.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif

Ok, now who do the Knicks have? You guys are acting like the talent level isn't even close between the two teams.

Im guessing BangDak made the comment referring to what i said a page back. You keep downplaying my statement, but still dont validate yours regarding who the knicks have on their current roster. Not sure if FRANCHISE is either siding with my point or BangDak's, but he also asks the same question I've been wondering thru out the day........WHO DO THE KNICKS HAVE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? NY is honestly fooling themselves if they think that by getting an agreement from stat that that'll convince Bron to sign with them. The knickerbockers should just face the facts and realize that 2 years of waiting for this summer did not work out in their favor. My suggestion for the knicks is just to keep it moving and hope that melo doesn't sign an extension this summer with denver. Hope and pray that 2011 will work out for them
laugh.gif
i firmly believe the knicks' roster is better, looking forward, than the cavs w/o bron

mo williams is ok but was not the right guy, jamison is on the downside of his career, and ap is a solid vet

besides that who are we talking about? the cavs FAILED again and again to field a team to win a chip, after getting there in 07 with a gang of nobodies..no reason lebron shouldn't have one by now

what happened when they were tryna get Michael Redd..we might not even be having this discussion if that went thru

the cavs FO only have themselves to blame if and when lebron walks

[table][tr][td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Anderson Varejao[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,000,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$7,700,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$8,400,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,100,000[/font]
[/td] [td]
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$9,800,000[/font]
[/td][/tr][/table]
that's more than all of the knicks minus curry

sick.gif

what facts should we face? one of the few facts we've gathered from this period is that lebron went house shopping in NY

here's my take on WHO THE KNICKS HAVE
Let’s talk a little basketball, shall we? For every “analyst

exactly Sois Frais...whether he choose the Bulls, Knicks or Heat, his hometeam isnot the Cavaliers...Akron is like 40 min away...that's like saying if you were born in Kankakee, your hometeam is the Bulls

I don't think that is a factor in his decision anymore, I think he id leaving, just not for sure where....I thought I should go order that #6 in red until I heard about second Knicks meeting

Originally Posted by TheGreekGangsta

is it just me or is there something off about the hawks organization?

great talent, good attendance at their games, but it never works out.

anyone know why this team just cant seem to get over the hump?

even their playoff games seem quiet, yet the arena is full. idk what it is.
isolation plays. instead of running and scoring on fast breaks they like to slow down and play one on one ball.

Originally Posted by Sois Frais G

akron doesn't have a team though
Well, Ohio is still his home state so it's basically home for him.
Just like you have California in your avy, you're from the state too.

Toronto is "close" to reaching an agreement in principle with a freeagent for some, if not all, of the team's mid-level salary capexception.

Doug Smith of the Toronto Star lists Matt Barnes, Ronnie Brewer, Shannon Brown and J.J. Redick as potential targets.
There's no way championship-caliber teams would let the Raptors scoop up Barnes, so it can't be him.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Toronto is "close" to reaching an agreement in principle with a freeagent for some, if not all, of the team's mid-level salary capexception.

Doug Smith of the Toronto Star lists Matt Barnes, Ronnie Brewer, Shannon Brown and J.J. Redick as potential targets.
There's no way championship-caliber teams would let the Raptors scoop up Barnes, so it can't be him.

Same with Redick.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Toronto is "close" to reaching an agreement in principle with a free agent for some, if not all, of the team's mid-level salary cap exception.

Shannon Brown, hopefully, so we can keep this Mediocrity train rolling!

I'd be surprised if it's JJ, I know he likes Orlando and they're high on him, plus he's restricted so they might match an offer.. but I don't know how high they'd go for him.

Back
Top Bottom