* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

The Cavs may not be better, but yall acting like it's not close (assuming no Lee) are out your god damn minds...

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Originally Posted by h3at23

[h2]Knicks get a second chance to woo LeBron »[/h2]
By Frank Isola

The Knicks, who haven't give up on the dream of signing LeBron James, were granted a second meeting with the free agent superstar's representatives late Saturday in Cleveland, The Daily News has learned.

According to a Knicks official, Garden president Scott O'Neil and senior VP of Basketball Operations Glen Grunwald were dispatched to James' hometown and held a brief clandestine meeting with James' reps to make a second pitch to the two-time MVP.

It is unclear if James was in the meeting but it is believed that his business manager, Maverick Carter, and agent, Leon Rose, met with the two Knicks executives on the same day that James spoke to both the Cavs and Bulls.

The timing of the meeting is interesting since it came one day after the Knicks received a verbal commitment from All Star power forward Amar'e Stoudemire. The Knicks wanted to relay to James that the organization is committed to doing everything in its power to surround him with talent.

The sense the Knicks get is that James will likely re-sign with the Cavs. In fact, as recently as Thursday, one Knicks source said it was "very doubtful" that James would sign with New York.

Also Sunday, Joe Johnson announced that he would re-sign with Atlanta. Johnson was considering both the Knicks and Hawks but without a sign-and-trade deal, those teams could only offer $30 million less than Atlanta could.
Damn NY refuses to give up on signing Bron
laugh.gif
 Even if stat and knicks agree on a deal, that won't be enough to convince LBJ to leave the comfort of his hometown. Knicks don't have a viable roster in place to compete for a title. Hell cleveland with or without Bron got a better roster the way i see it. By the way, do the cavs even have a center?? Shaq and Z are both free agents and i highly doubt either will be brought back

Obviously James' team allowed the 2nd meeting. You thinking we just flew to Ohio unannounced talking about a contract?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I mean I'm sure the Bulls and Pat Riley would kill for 2nd meetings. Talking about we won't give up. OF COURSE $$%+#!% NOT

Originally Posted by Master Zik

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

[h2]Knicks get a second chance to woo LeBron »[/h2]
By Frank Isola

The Knicks, who haven't give up on the dream of signing LeBron James, were granted a second meeting with the free agent superstar's representatives late Saturday in Cleveland, The Daily News has learned.

According to a Knicks official, Garden president Scott O'Neil and senior VP of Basketball Operations Glen Grunwald were dispatched to James' hometown and held a brief clandestine meeting with James' reps to make a second pitch to the two-time MVP.

It is unclear if James was in the meeting but it is believed that his business manager, Maverick Carter, and agent, Leon Rose, met with the two Knicks executives on the same day that James spoke to both the Cavs and Bulls.

The timing of the meeting is interesting since it came one day after the Knicks received a verbal commitment from All Star power forward Amar'e Stoudemire. The Knicks wanted to relay to James that the organization is committed to doing everything in its power to surround him with talent.

The sense the Knicks get is that James will likely re-sign with the Cavs. In fact, as recently as Thursday, one Knicks source said it was "very doubtful" that James would sign with New York.

Also Sunday, Joe Johnson announced that he would re-sign with Atlanta. Johnson was considering both the Knicks and Hawks but without a sign-and-trade deal, those teams could only offer $30 million less than Atlanta could.
Damn NY refuses to give up on signing Bron
laugh.gif
 Even if stat and knicks agree on a deal, that won't be enough to convince LBJ to leave the comfort of his hometown. Knicks don't have a viable roster in place to compete for a title. Hell cleveland with or without Bron got a better roster the way i see it. By the way, do the cavs even have a center?? Shaq and Z are both free agents and i highly doubt either will be brought back
Obviously James' team allowed the 2nd meeting. You thinking we just flew to Ohio unannounced talking about a contract?
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
I mean I'm sure the Bulls and Pat Riley would kill for 2nd meetings. Talking about we won't give up. OF COURSE $$%+#!% NOT

Riles ALREADY had 2 meetings w/them

Knicks fans just be happy with Stat (maybe), that +*%+%@!*, chandler, and somebody else yall will overpay for. No Lebron, no Johnson, no Bosh, no Lee, no good point guard, no decent center, no bench, no good coach, and oh yeah NO PLAYOFFS

Riles ALREADY had 2 meetings w/them
When? I honestly forgot if he did especially since ESPN has been reporting on every meeting until now where they didn't even know about the Knicks one.

What's happening with Kevin Durant's extension? Has he re-signed yet?

I think I read somewhere in here that the reasoning behind giving Joe Johnson the max was because the owners are looking to sell the Hawks in the next couple of years and it would no longer be there problem once the team's gone.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

What's happening with Kevin Durant's extension? Has he re-signed yet?

I think I read somewhere in here that the reasoning behind giving Joe Johnson the max was because the owners are looking to sell the Hawks in the next couple of years and it would no longer be there problem once the team's gone.

One of the stupidest things I've ever read.

Riley never met Lebron and his reps twice. But he did meet with Leon Rose(Lebron's agent) the night before the Miami Heat brass gave their pitch to Bron. Not that that means anything though.

PDcavsinsider

According to league source, Knicks are planning another trip to Cleveland to meet with LeBron tonight.
PDcavsinsider

The sense is the Knicks have different outlook since getting to brink with Amar'e and have a new pitch to sell they didn't have on Thursday.
PDcavsinsider

Knicks fans may want to kill this messenger, but multiple sources still say NY still trailing CLE, CHI, NJ on LeBron's list even w/ Amar'e

You're kidding yourself if you really think that Cav's roster is really good outside of Lebron.

So lets see here, we have Mo, Shaq, Tawn, Parker, and Delonte. Not to mention flopajao, and hickson.

We have an "all star" point guard, an old man who cant run the floor the same as he use to, a nice role player to hit the open J, and a drug addict who, happened to !+*+ King James' mom. We also have a overpaid flopping hustle big man, and a guy whose rumored to have the potential to be even better then Amare.

Yeppp, sounds real enticing and good.
laugh.gif

I mean, the Knicks' roster isnt that great, but at least they're young, and cheap, and not overpaid (besides curry) with a lot more room to grow.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

Knicks fans just be happy with Stat (maybe), that +*%+%@!*, chandler, and somebody else yall will overpay for. No Lebron, no Johnson, no Bosh, no Lee, no good point guard, no decent center, no bench, no good coach, and oh yeah NO PLAYOFFS

now now toaster. we all know whenever you talk crap it always backfires on you ie the lakers winnig the title
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

You're kidding yourself if you really think that Cav's roster is really good outside of Lebron.

So lets see here, we have Mo, Shaq, Tawn, Parker, and Delonte. Not to mention flopajao, and hickson.

We have an "all star" point guard, an old man who cant run the floor the same as he use to, a nice role player to hit the open J, and a drug addict who, happened to !+*+ King James' mom. We also have a overpaid flopping hustle big man, and a guy whose rumored to have the potential to be even better then Amare.

laugh.gif

I mean, the Knicks' roster isnt that great, but at least they're young, and cheap, and not overpaid (besides curry) with a lot more room to grow.
Ok, now who do the Knicks have? You guys are acting like the talent level isn't even close between the two teams.

Let's just wait and let the dust settle before everybody starts saying stuff.

Danillo has a lot of potential, and the jury is out on Douglas. Besides that, NY fans shouldn't flatter themselves.

Dudes can live under the illusion of getting Bron, Amare and then Parker and Melo, but until those things happen, chill out
laugh.gif

I can't BELIEVE the Joe Johnson offer from the Hawks. Are you kidding me?!
laugh.gif

And the Knicks picked up Amare for WAY too much.

Someone's about to do the same for Bosh, too.

Them three dudes fell up HARD in all this free agency madness.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

laugh.gif

Ok, now who do the Knicks have? You guys are acting like the talent level isn't even close between the two teams.

Im guessing BangDak made the comment referring to what i said a page back. You keep downplaying my statement, but still dont validate yours regarding who the knicks have on their current roster. Not sure if FRANCHISE is either siding with my point or BangDak's, but he also asks the same question I've been wondering thru out the day........WHO DO THE KNICKS HAVE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????? NY is honestly fooling themselves if they think that by getting an agreement from stat that that'll convince Bron to sign with them. The knickerbockers should just face the facts and realize that 2 years of waiting for this summer did not work out in their favor. My suggestion for the knicks is just to keep it moving and hope that melo doesn't sign an extension this summer with denver. Hope and pray that 2011 will work out for them
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Jamison is a 20/10 player sure he didnt play amazing when he got to cle but not everyone can come to a team mid season and flourish like gasol did.....the gasol effect doesnt happen very often..

Mo williams gets a bad rep cuz he played bad against the magic and bos...Magic there is no real excuse for against the celtics he was going up against rondo..Poeple act like MO williams is trash but he'll still give you 16-18 ppg which is pretty good

Andy V is a 1st team all def power forward...sure he flops but what great defender doesnt..he's no all-star but as far as a garage big who does all the little things..he's as good as it gets..if he actually got starters mins no doubt he would be among league leaders in reb..

Now Moon, Parker, West, JJ i would say are probably average players but the 3 above are def better than ne player the knicks have on their roster currently..although I will say Gallo, and Chander could maybe pot be better than those 3 but they arent there yet..

Back
Top Bottom