* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Mavs did good signing Dirk but unless they find a #2 for him in Dallas, this offseason's gotta be considered a failure no?

Basically, the Mavs have to hope they can con someone into throwing bad contracts on them to get a star player... Dampier's deal, Caron, Stevenson, trade exceptions, Roddy B, two picks... Theyve got enough financial pieces to unload a team of two or three bad contracts... But all their assets are aligned for this year...

They won't do anything more than they've been doing without another legitimate scorer/star to help take pressure off Dirk... They either hit a home run and open the window or they strike out and watch it slam shut.

have the mavs tried to go after chris paul?

they would be a good team to pick up paul and okafur (them and the lakers.. they could both use okafur's D and have a scoring PF to cover okafur's offense)

and we all know cuban is willing to spend the money

Stevenson expires this year.. The Hornets would take him if only to save money...

But they won't trade Paul to the Mavs...

People are "done/fed up/tired/irritated/etc" with the entire circus, but yet people still are commenting and speculating. Go out and enjoy the 4th with your family if you can, or look at some fireworks
laugh.gif

samickFanHouse

Miami and Chicago top Toronto's list of 6 sign and trade options for Bosh, a source close to process tells FanHouse - http://bit.ly/d1aUEx

[h1]Source: Bulls, Heat 'In the Game' for Chris Bosh[/h1]

7/04/2010 2:36 PM ET By Sam Amick

The Toronto Raptors are growing tired of playing the Chris Bosh waiting game, but that doesn't mean they won't cooperate in the sign-and-trade deal he covets.

So long as he and his two pals -- LeBron James and Dwyane Wade -- make up their minds relatively soon.

A source close to the situation told FanHouse the Raptors are becoming "less enthusiastic" about doing the deal that would give Bosh the sixth year and additional $29.4 million on his maximum contract, but they certainly haven't stopped working toward that end. The Raptors, who have fielded calls from "half the league," the source says, currently have six sign-and-trade proposals ready to be executed. Offers from Miami and Chicago, according to the source, are being more heavily considered than the rest. The Lakers are among the teams that have inquired, but they are not believed to be among the top six trading partners being considered.

"(Miami and Chicago) are more in the game," the source said.

The lay of that land offers insight into Bosh's thinking, as Toronto must be aware of his ever-changing intentions before they are able to proceed. The Bulls have the assets to get the deal done, but Miami, which has only Michael Beasley and Mario Chalmers on contract for next season, would have to offer an enticing package of draft picks to go along with the compulsory hefty trade exception for the Raptors to agree.

Yet in order to pull off the free agency coup of bringing Bosh, James and Wade to South Beach, the Raptors would have to be willing to take back the expiring $4.9 million contract of Beasley in order for all three to get their desired maximum deals. If only Bosh, James and Wade would make up their minds.

"(The Raptors) are hanging on what those three decide to do," the source said. "This thing is a spectacle."

Yet according to the Cleveland Plain Dealer's Brian Windhorst, James' decision -- otherwise known as the first domino -- won't come until July 7. Free agents can't formally sign until July 8. And with every day, the chances of Bosh securing the most money possible are minimized.

Brian Windhorst twitter:

Sources say LeBron plans to wait until after 3-day Nike camp in Akron is over to announce decision. Ends Wed. nite
I officially take back my stance on LeBron waiting being bad for the Bulls . LeBron waiting until after an Akron basketball camp is good for the Bulls.

It means one of two things:

1: He doesn't know yet.

2: He knows, and he's leaving.

If he knew and he was staying then he'd announce prior to the camp and enjoy the love at the camp and set everyone's mind at ease.

If he knew he was leaving then he'd wait until after the camp and avoid the horribly awkward experience of working with campers who are Cavs fans and have to deal with the issue of leaving.

JapanAir21 wrote:
h3at23 wrote:
I love what Dirk did by sacrificing money to help the Mavs.

I'm sure he was much more receptive with Germany whooping on the Argentinians earlier.
roll.gif

(I'm so glad they demolished them, I just don't like Argentina [word to Olympic Basketball]).

ManuGold.jpg

YOU MAD?...

2hnx7rn.gif

Yeah he mad...
f4e16f43b48cec5ce96f7cbcebbd3986d24379af.gif

Oh and Dirk is not going to win in dallas...I mean the MAVS made the playoffs for ten years in a row and not one CHIP
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

dame shame
smh.gif

Seems like this 2010 free agency period was nothing more but HYPE. Dirk, pierce, JJ, salmons thus far have committed on going back to their respective teams. I'm starting to get the gut feeling (along with many of you in this thread) that LBJ is staying put in cleveland. They way i see it playing out is bosh + wade in south beach, amar'e gonna reunite with D'antoni and probably booz to chicago.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

Dirk got to the finals and pretty much got cheated out of a championship.

lonelydallasman.jpg

Just face it that team is trash...no heart, no mental toughness, no nothing.

There were phantom fouls but Dirk buckled under the pressure along with the rest of the Mavs.

But maybe Stern hates Cuban and was just teasing him with that chance that really wasn't one.

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

Seems like this 2010 free agency period was nothing more but HYPE. Dirk, pierce, JJ, salmons thus far have committed on going back to their respective teams. I'm starting to get the gut feeling (along with many of you in this thread) that LBJ is staying put in cleveland. They way i see it playing out is bosh + wade in south beach, amar'e gonna reunite with D'antoni and probably booz to chicago.

this

Originally Posted by jmause3

Originally Posted by EDWeeNO

this
no one expected Dirk or Pierce to leave.

whats going on the Boozer though, i have not heard one thing about him since July 1st
laugh.gif

FisolaNYDN

The NY Daily News has learned that Knicks got a second meeting with LeBron's reps on Saturday in Cleveland.

According to Knicks official, MSG prez Scott O'Neil and Glen Grunwald, VP of basketball ops, were sent to Ohio after Amar'e agreed to dea

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by h3at23

samickFanHouse

Miami and Chicago top Toronto's list of 6 sign and trade options for Bosh, a source close to process tells FanHouse - http://bit.ly/d1aUEx
im still confused how its better than what the rockets can offer, but to each his own

the rockets deal can be better then both teams but if  bosh doesnt agree to play there then it means nothing

Yeah what Mike said, and those teams have cap space. So Toronto might dump a bad salary or two, and those teams can absorb it.

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by h3at23

samickFanHouse

im still confused how its better than what the rockets can offer, but to each his own

the rockets deal can be better then both teams but if  bosh doesnt agree to play there then it means nothing
i was only taking about from a raptors point of view really. Unless they are trying to dump hedo or jose, which i want no part of

Back
Top Bottom