* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

I wonder how Knick fans are going to react when LBJ goes to Bulls and terrorizes the Knicks they way MJ did
laugh.gif

whats funny is you NEVER EVEN SAW MJ terrorize the Knicks
roll.gif

go buy some more jordan hybrids lil man....

The funny thing is...whatever teams these 3 douche bags go to next year...won't be winning a championship next year.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

JumpmanFromDaBay wrote:

I wonder how Knick fans are going to react when LBJ goes to Bulls and terrorizes the Knicks they way MJ did
laugh.gif

whats funny is you NEVER EVEN SAW MJ terrorize the Knicks
roll.gif

go buy some more jordan hybrids lil man....

Grumpy old man on a Sunday morning. What a wonderful way to start the day.

You can't really think you seeing it live means anything right? If it does, please tell me.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

The funny thing is...whatever teams these 3 douche bags go to next year...won't be winning a championship next year.

and if them not winning a championship next year is courtesy of the team that's won the past 2 titles it will be that much sweeter.

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67805/20100703/rasheed_might_rethink_retirement/[/h1]
[h1]Rasheed Might Rethink Retirement[/h1]

Jul 03, 2010 10:43 PM EST

Wallace_Rasheed_bos.jpg
Rasheed Wallace may re-think his decision to retire, according to a source.

Because Wallace had two years and $13 million (including $6.32 million next season) remaining on his deal when he retired, the Celtics have been looking into moving his contract to another team, which would then get the savings from Wallace's cap number, in exchange for assets.

smokin.gif

pimp.gif

Unless there's a curve ball (Bosh going to the Lakers or something), the only way I see it having a chance of happening is if two of them go to Chicago.

In two weeks, Carlos Boozer might end up being the one in the best position for a ring.

According to the NY Post, there's some talk of a possible 3 way trade.

Minny gets a S&T David Lee
Golden State gets Al Jefferson
New York Knicks get Monta Ellis

I think at the end of the day, this FA period will be much ado about nothing. Bron will resign with Cle for 3 years than opt out. If things aren't looking up by then, he'll bolt for real, and say well, he tried.

Wade resigns with the Heat.

It's basically what Bosh is gonna do.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

I took that as you wanting an explanation of what others thought about the Knicks chances. All you had been talking about before was the Knicks, so I figured you mentioned them, you wanted an explanation, you got it.
I'm basically saying the Knicks are irrelevant in this argument. Who I'm a fan of don't really got nothing to do with Dirk and the Mavs. I could be a Laerks fan and feel the way I do about the the Dirk and the Mavs chances to win.
Regardless if circumstantially Dirk won with LeBron James or Wade or whoever, if it wasn't in Dallas, it wouldn't mean as much to Dirk if it weren't in Dallas. He'd be viewed as helping LeBron get a ring, instead of LeBron helping Dirk win a ring if LeBron came to Dallas. It may seem like the same thing, but Dallas is important to Dirk, that's why he isn't leaving, that's why he took a discount. A lot of people would probably consider Dirk not being able to get it done in Dallas if he moved on, just as you're saying right now, but Cuban will tweak this team until Dirk retires if he has to in order to get it right. Here's to hoping he gets it done. We've continued to tweak, and we've continued to be successful to some degree. In the early 2000's we made it deep a few times, 2006 we made it to the Finals, and then two years ago we got stopped by a good Nuggets team. We're always competitive (no Hornets/GS
laugh.gif
), we can give the Lakers a run for their money every now and again, we want to win, as does our owner, you can balk at our moves all you want, but you can't slam us for a lack of EFFORT.
Yo who was KG helping when he went to the Celts? Was he really seen as a ring chaser? Was Shaq ring chasing when he went to Miami? I don't see those situations as that and I would see Dirk same way I saw them. I don't know Dirk so I can't say a ring with another team wouldn't mean as much as with the Mavs. KG sure as hell didn't look that way. Anyway I'm not a fan of the Mavs so I don't have your faith. Good luck with the moves Cuban makes, hopefully they work out since I wanna see Dirk win (even though I don't think they will).
Grumpy old man on a Sunday morning. What a wonderful way to start the day.

You can't really think you seeing it live means anything right? If it does, please tell me.
The reason he says is cuz LeBron isn't Jordan
laugh.gif
I mean LeBron terrorizing us would mean we're back in the playoffs in the Eastern Conference Finals playing in game 7s and %++!. That's a great improvement from the past 8 years.

Originally Posted by franchise3

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

I admit Monta might BEAST in D'Antoni's system but he should NOT be our PG. 

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

He wouldn't be. It would be Toney Douglas, Monta, Lebron, Gallo and Amare.....if everything works out.

I'm not sure about monta, but if its only for a S&T for Lee, i wouldnt mind. He can actually defend well for his size, but that was only against point guards. He'll be great in this system.

I honestly dont care where Lebron goes, so save your jokes guys.

JA, i dont get why you're being so uptight about the Knicks trying to rebuild. What the hell do you want us to do? Stick with those terrible contracts? We would still be rebuilding though FA.

Honestly, Cuban hasnt done much in my eyes. I can agree he's doing the best he can, and he's a real emotional guy, i love seeing him on the courts, but they've always come short every single year. They've never got Dirk an established 2nd option to help Dirk.

Originally Posted by Buc Em

Originally Posted by itzbooranss

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

He wouldn't be. It would be Toney Douglas, Monta, Lebron, Gallo and Amare.....if everything works out.
Not that I want that to happen, but we couldn't get two maxes and sign and trade Lee.  We don't own his bird rights so whatever we sign him to would take away from our cap space reserved for 2 maxes.

Originally Posted by BangDak

Honestly, Cuban hasnt done much in my eyes.
Taking a team that was the WORST franchise in the NBA with empty arenas, players that didn't want to be here, teams winning 15 or 20 wins a year, to one of the more valuable, respected franchises in the league and selling out home games for like 10 years running in a little more than a decade isn't doing much?

They haven't won a title, and that's the ultimate goal, but to say he hasn't done much with this team is flat out wrong.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by BangDak

Honestly, Cuban hasnt done much in my eyes.
Taking a team that was the WORST franchise in the NBA with empty arenas, players that didn't want to be here, teams winning 15 or 20 wins a year, to one of the more valuable, respected franchises in the league and selling out home games for like 10 years running in a little more than a decade isn't doing much?

They haven't won a title, and that's the ultimate goal, but to say he hasn't done much with this team is flat out wrong.

I can't beleive that was said. Mavs were terrible when he got there. He put so much of his own money into that team. He's the anti-Donald Sterling.

smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
Lebron website annoucing what team he's going to play for. effing diva. I call for the high school route, hats on the table
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

So if the wolves do get Lee then what will happen with Love? If the sign and trade goes down we have Love, Lee, and Pekovic at the 4.

Horrible trade if Monta is the Knicks BEST player going into next season
tired.gif

GREAT is LeBron and Amare are rocking Knicks unies come next season
pimp.gif

Why will Bron's clown #$* keep dragging this thing out man, just make a damn decision already. I personally think now that he's staying in CLE and will put the NBA through another circus during the summer of 2013.

Wade is going to Chicago and Bosh is gonna end up looking like a bigger fool than he is already.

I'm about done on LeBron man... This dude has played this thing for all it's worth for 2 or 3 years now... It's gotten old.

Maybe it's because I'm a Dallas fan, but I have more faith in Cuban trying to put a better team around Dirk than I do him trying to follow some superstar to another team where they have to build from scratch.
how can you say that when dallas has only had a chance to win 1 year?

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

No, it wouldn't have been.
laugh.gif

Dirk with Wade =
sick.gif
Barf.
Ok...so now the Mavs have esentially a 3-4 year window to win a championship.  Of course it's easier said than done...but in your opinion, what needs to happen on the roster to make this team a little more competitive?  Mavs are an old team, and there need to be some tweaks made.  A S&T for Lebron would be dream scenario, but what are the movable pieces you have?

Back
Top Bottom